• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praedyth's Timepiece is a lot of fun in PvP. It shoots so fast and has solid perks. I find it's usable in PvE too with speed reload (the stability doesn't really matter as much for PvE). All hail the new pulse rifle meta!

Ooh timepiece in PvP sounds interesting. It's been gathering dust in my vault since they patched its ability to shoot through knight shields. Might have to pull t back out now

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Ooh timepiece in PvP sounds interesting. It's been gathering dust in my vault since they patched its ability to shoot through knight shields. Might have to pull t back out now

It can't quite keep up in pure 1v1 against skilled people using the usual suspects. However, it's great for clean-up and bullet hosing those who get flustered easily. It definitely holds its own and could play well assisting Thorn, TLW, and Messenger.

Namikaze1

You lie. I ran that piece of shit on my PS3 and plat'd it. Love that game, bugs and all.
That POS froze every time I came in contact with water.

Want to ride around on your horse? Do so 1 frame per second!

Had to go to a previous patch to play without it freezing on me upon hitting water.

Yeah, I had the PS3 version. At least I have the Xbox version now to play around with.

LiK

That POS froze every time I came in contact with water.

Want to ride around on your horse? Do so 1 frame per second!

Had to go to a previous patch to play without it freezing on me upon hitting water.

Yeah, I had the PS3 version. At least I have the Xbox version now to play around with.

Xbox version is great and runs great.

blackjaw

I just like being a sneaky archer. I can't do that in Souls or Bloodborne. :3

One of the reason I can't wait for Nightstalker.

Exactly how I play elder scrolls. My wood elf archer sneaks around and disappears when aggro'd. Has great AOE and tons of agility to bounce around.

SeanR1221

Praedyth's Timepiece is a lot of fun in PvP. It shoots so fast and has solid perks. I find it's usable in PvE too with speed reload (the stability doesn't really matter as much for PvE). All hail the new pulse rifle meta!

I got that last night too but I want to level up the oversoul edict first

Deku Tree

I haven't done a single weekly since my return.

I like doing the weekly. I find it fun. And I get 499 DO rep 3x out of it each week. This week with solar burn it's going to be a piece of cake. And I try to maintain 100 heavy synth on each toon from Xur.

They really need to find some kind of coins sink.
I will go over 600 this week, and I don't see any reason to use them anytime soon...
Where are you guys getting these motes and coins from? I have like 5 of each; keep getting dicked by Xur and his engrams and reforging.

Where are you guys getting these motes and coins from? I have like 5 of each; keep getting dicked by Xur and his engrams and reforging.

Convert coins to motes. Reroll weapons and buy Xur engrams? I think you can buy glimmer with motes from the speaker(? Or maybe it's shards... Can't remember)

Deku Tree

Coins come from random Engrams, the weekly, and PoE drops a lot of coins too.

Motes come from leveling up, random Engrams, doing the Daily Crucible, doing the HoW daily story missions, and PoE drops a lot of motes too. And also doing the Eris NF bounty 3x each week. You can get 6 motes a day from the daily Crucible.

I also haven't bought Xur engrams since I got all the new exotics that I would use anyway.

kidko

So, to get my Bungie day emblem I need to find the rest of the golden chests (easy) and complete PoE on "Hard".

Does that mean 34 or 35?

Deku Tree

So, to get my Bungie day emblem I need to find the rest of the golden chests (easy) and complete PoE on "Hard".

Does that mean 34 or 35?

35. Wait until next week do it. Lightswitch on Skolas is horrible. Most wipes are caused by a Dreg slapping you this week. Ugh.

GhaleonEB

Does that mean 34 or 35?

Probably 35; the pattern is the hardest setting for each activity.
35. Wait until next week do it. Lightswitch on Skolas is horrible. Most wipes are caused by a Dreg slapping you this week. Ugh.

Yeah, lightswitch has gotta go, on Skolas. It's lame that it's not worth running every other week.

Obscured

Overkill?
JlIixUV.gif

So nice. For control I've been partial to Aftermath instead. The number of kills I've gotten after the initial strike is crazy. That coupled with putting down a pulse grenade (a few times on their heavy) works great to not just kill but restrict their movement and funnel them up nicely if the rest of my team is paying attention.

The video didn't actually say that, right? More like Destiny was the more "egregious" instance of it or something

Man I really feel like the nerf hit other people harder than it hit me somehow. Damage wasn't touched; the spread only affected shots from ranges that FRs really shouldn't have been killing people in one hit. I guess it could've been PvP only though. Anyway there's a ton of variance in spreads between different rifles. Give/Take Equation has a ridiculously tight spread to this day.

Seems to me like the combo of the shotgun PvE buff (which happened at the same time as the spread nerf) and widespread easy availability of the crazy-tier shotguns in PvP affected their role waaaay more than the spread nerf itself did. I really believe people just underestimate their effectiveness in light of the fact that shotguns are obviously much more effective from close range; but Destiny pushes the absolute limits of what could be considered "close range" for a shotgun. I'm really not sure a buff to FRs would be appropriate, at least not before a shotgun range nerf on its own and something to dull Blink + Shotgun.

Just watched the video and summed up my feelings pretty well. I've said this a few times, but my biggest problem with Destiny is not that it isn't a good game, it just isn't the game I thought I would be playing. Despite that I've had a lot of fun and have gotten my money's worth, but it often does feel manipulative as if rather than the dopamine drips being there to carry me through the game, the game is instead there to just barely connect the dopamine drips. To equate that to all of us that have been enjoying it to mindless crack addicted sheepbots is silly. I don't think the video was saying that at all, though some seem to take that message from it.

Funny enough, fatebringer might have been the last hit I needed. Right now I'm thinking of passing on TTK (though it looks great) and waiting until we see what Destiny 2 has in store since there will be some upgrade path at that point.

Switching gears, I agree and think making shotguns more effective in PvE (and a lot more fun) is what really upped their adoption. It completely changed my Titan play style to much more aggressive. Maybe FR could be buffed with shorter charge times or ridiculous spread (might need to reduce that green ammo even further in PvP). Weird side effect of the shotgun buff was I now use them so much more that my play through of the library of halo ce was much more fun as I have a new found appreciation of shotguns in general that has overlapped games.

Wow, did not mean to write that much, sorry (but no one will get to this point anyway)

Wow, never thought to use Fist of Havoc like Bladedancer's Razor Edge. Will turn on Shockwave and give it a try.

How many was that you got???
Breaker = 4, Slayer = 5, Reaper = 6, Seventh Column = 7, so 4. Description for Seventh Column is pretty funny too: Defy probability by rapidly killing 7 enemies

kidko

My first Skolas kill was with Lightswitch. The only issue we had was captains. We could call them out, drop em with a shotgun, and move on. I think it also helped that we were all Sunsinger Warlocks. But also...fuck lightswitch

noomi

Ok,think I'm getting destiny withdrawal effects, remote play is not good enough. Think I need to open a bottle of something strong, alcohol might be the best solution here.

Stay strong friend, you are nearly there :p

You are back this weekend, right?

GhaleonEB

Do you not re-roll weapons often or something?

I have over 600 motes of light at this point. I rerolled a rocket launcher hoping for a good set of perks, but ran out of weapon parts after 20 or so, and gave up. Weapon parts are my throttle, rather than motes.

(I decided not to continue with extended re-rolls after that experience.)

I have over 600 motes of light at this point. I rerolled a rocket launcher hoping for a good set of perks, but ran out of weapon parts after 20 or so, and gave up. Weapon parts are my throttle, rather than motes.

That's the crux for me as well.

I re-rolled my Her Benvolence and Low Grade Humility last night. On each I got 2/3 of the perks I was looking for and I was satisfied with that.

I imagine the best way to farm weapon parts is strikes right?

Lnkn52

I don't reroll my weapons. Not in my competitive nature to have the best gun, especially for PvP.

It's not the gun you should worry about, it's the person using it. Kappa
clint-eastwood-photograph-c10101986.jpg

Namikaze1

Damn really nice match. That double kill with the t-rex arms lol
I waited for death to claim me right there and then. It was two against 1. How neither were able to kill me I'll never understand. Especially that warlock.he survived longer than his buddy and was right next to me.

noomi

That's the crux for me as well.

I re-rolled my Her Benvolence and Low Grade Humility last night. On each I got 2/3 of the perks I was looking for and I was satisfied with that.

I imagine the best way to farm weapon parts is strikes right?

Yeah strikes will drop plenty of weapons, also getting to five wins in trials and then just buying the weapon over and over while dismantling it would give some. The only thing is it will cost you 500 glimmer a piece, so you would need to do some glimmer farming along side it.

Deku Tree

Do you not re-roll weapons often or something?

Yeah I re-rolled a few RL's and a few Shotguns to perfection back when HoW came out. And I spend over 300 motes buying Xur engrams and I got all the new exotics that I wanted that way.

Now I don't re-roll weapons anymore. The only thing I'd think about re-rolling is a Pilgrim if I ever got one but I don't really run Dragon Strikes so I don't know when that will happen.

So in recent times I've just been accumulating motes and coins etc. Not doing anymore re-rolling. Don't feel the need.

I use Tomorrow's Answer as my go to PvP RL. And I have a perfect PvP roll Matador 64 that I use in serious PvP.

Otherwise I usually use exclusively Raid-PoE-ToO weapons in PvE. My usual PvE load out is Fang-VoC-Void Scholar as my primary. FB-Swordbreaker-PoE shotgun as my secondary. And Horn.

LTWood12

Yeah I re-rolled a few RL's and a few Shotguns to perfection back when HoW came out. And I spend over 300 motes buying Xur engrams and I got all the new exotics that I wanted that way.

Now I don't re-roll weapons anymore. The only thing I'd think about re-rolling is a Pilgrim if I ever got one but I don't really run Dragon Strikes so I don't know when that will happen.

So in recent times I've just been accumulating motes and coins etc. Not doing anymore re-rolling. Don't feel the need.

I use Tomorrow's Answer as my go to PvP RL. And I have a perfect PvP roll Matador 64 that I use in serious PvP.

Otherwise I usually use exclusively Raid-PoE-ToO weapons in PvE. My usual PvE load out is Fang-VoC-Void Scholar as my primary. FB-Swordbreaker-PoE shotgun as my secondary. And Horn.

Change Matador to Felwinter, and change Void Scholar to Void Summoner and you've pretty well described me.

oneils

I'd like to think I don't care about Grimoire score...but I also have nothing else to really go for in this game so why not. I have almost all exotics (damn you Purifier Robes, Celestial Nighthawk, and Bones of Eao).

I need to play more Salvage, only 65 wins away from maxing that one. Then only thing left is Rumble, which I absolutely am not a fan of. At some point i'll suck it up and start playing it.

1wMvwqz.jpg

What website did you get that from?

Yeah strikes will drop plenty of weapons, also getting to five wins in trials and then just buying the weapon over and over while dismantling it would give some. The only thing is it will cost you 500 glimmer a piece, so you would need to do some glimmer farming along side it.

Oooo! That's a good idea. I didn't even think of that. Thanks for the tip! Noomi so wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom