• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidko

And I got another one.

screenshot-original7xuce.png

guy with Truth am cry

Trakan

I have over 600 motes of light at this point. I rerolled a rocket launcher hoping for a good set of perks, but ran out of weapon parts after 20 or so, and gave up. Weapon parts are my throttle, rather than motes.

(I decided not to continue with extended re-rolls after that experience.)

It's taken me 50-100 rolls on one weapon to get the roll I was looking for before. I play a lot of PVP though, so I guess I could see how people who don't wouldn't need to re-roll.

I got matched up with this guy in the Weekly yesterday. He died a lot. Though to be fair, the Warlock jump is terrible.

th3dude

Anyone here try to play through remote play on the PlaystationTV?

I bought a PTV on Groupon last week for like $36 and figured it was worth a shot to see if I could play Destiny from up in my office when the main TV is in use.

Deku Tree

Change Matador to Felwinter, and change Void Scholar to Void Summoner and you've pretty well described me.

I got a Void Summoner too. And a Void Jewel. And I've only been to mercury three times. So my Void Scholar was like perfection. I might use my Word of Crota over my Void Summoner sometimes though if I didn't have a Void Scholar.

noomi

Man..... I swear the loot drops on xbox are so much sweeter :p

Oooo! That's a good idea. I didn't even think of that. Thanks for the tip! Noomi so wise.

Your welcome :)

I bought a PTV on Groupon last week for like $36 and figured it was worth a shot to see if I could play Destiny from up in my office when the main TV is in use.

I saw the deal on amazon yesterday, it was like $38 or something. Almost pulled the trigger on it... but then decided not to. Regrets?

Lnkn52

I've had one since December. Bought it for $70. It's been an okay experience. Too much delay input for me to really enjoy it. I have my PS4 at home with my internet speed at 70/5 and PSTv at work (~40 miles away) with speed of 60/5.

LTWood raves about his remote play with his Vita (he's even played trials and Skolas with success). I might consider buying one of those in the future.

th3dude

I saw the deal on amazon yesterday, it was like $38 or something. Almost pulled the trigger on it... but then decided not to. Regrets?

No regrets yet as I didn't receive it yet. I'll definitely post my impressions, though.

I've had one since December. Bought it for $70. It's been an okay experience. Too much delay input for me to really enjoy it. I have my PS4 at home with my internet speed at 70/5 and PSTv at work with speed of 60/5.

I'll be using it at home wired through my gigabit connection, so I have high hopes.

noomi

Noomi is a poop! Stop talking to him!

Lol! C'mon Macello, be nice. I'll try and get that CP for you tonight haha.

Noomi is nice, come on... Vader is a "poop", right?

Yeah! Noomi is nice! See Macello!

No regrets yet as I didn't receive it yet. I'll definitely post my impressions, though.

Definitely let me know, curious about how good it is. I know Macello swears by it...

We don't have Hawkmoon, but we're buried in Gjallarhorns over here. ;)

The day xboners get their Hawkmoon will be a glorious day for all! I fully expect Xur to sell it the first week exclusivity is up.

LTWood12

I got a Void Summoner too. And a Void Jewel. And I've only been to mercury three times. So my Void Scholar was like perfection. I might use my Word of Crota over my Void Summoner sometimes though if I didn't have a Void Scholar.

I'd love a Void Scholar. I just enjoy rocking the Summoner because it's something new and different from WoC.

3 times for me as well:
Solar Messenger
Void Summoner
Arc Scholar

noomi

I used the solar messenger today in the weekly.... it's so damn good. I think I enjoyed it more than the vision of confluence you guys....

I love remote play via my Vita. There is some imput lag and those analogue sticks are not fit for PVP and take some getting used to for high level content. But it is brilliant, I tend to use it for running daily bounties and just running patrols.

PSTV wouldn't work with my set-up as my PS4 is already in it's own man cave. I tend to use remote play whilst sat on the sofa with the missus and she is watching trash TV.

In the past I have run raids and nightfalls on it but I don't find it enjoyable. Running sword on a vita is interesting! Do not recommend trying hard mode!!

Vader's kind of a curmudgeon.

Should I feel embarassed that I had to google that? lol Might need to stay a bit in the USA to improve my vocabulary.

"curmudgeon: a person (especially an old man) who is easily annoyed or angered and who often complains"

I used the solar messenger today in the weekly.... it's so damn good. I think I enjoyed it more than the vision of confluence you guys....

I did the same. Loved it.

My titan used a solar Six Dreg Pride II.
My hunter a solar Jewel.
My Warlock a Solar Messenger.

The messenger is easily the best gun.

LTWood12

I've had one since December. Bought it for $70. It's been an okay experience. Too much delay input for me to really enjoy it. I have my PS4 at home with my internet speed at 70/5 and PSTv at work (~40 miles away) with speed of 60/5.

LTWood raves about his remote play with his Vita (he's even played trials and Skolas with success). I might consider buying one of those in the future.

I would put my remote play antics up against anyone. If remote play were a church, I'd be the pastor.

However, I need to bring the legend down to earth a bit. I have never bested Skolas via remote play, and I have never had Trials success via remote play. Here are what I would say are my top remote play achievements:

Beating Templar on Hard as the relic holder.

Running relic vs. Atheon for multiple hard clears.

Many Crota hard mode clears, though none as the sword bearer on vita.

Soloing the abyss on Hard.

Successfully jumping across w/ the sword w/out building the bridge multiple times.

And a lot of success in Iron Banner. I can generally get all the bounties done (including the 10 kill streak), and generally maintaining above a 1.5 KDR.

Busyness of life and a wife who gets tired of watching me play has demanded that I find a way to become legend in my own way, and I think I've answered the call.

TL:DR douchey braggy remote play rant

Lol! C'mon Macello, be nice. I'll try and get that CP for you tonight haha.

Yeah! Noomi is nice! See Macello!
A POOP!!!
Should I feel embarassed that I had to google that? lol Might need to stay a bit in the USA to improve my vocabulary.

"curmudgeon: a person (especially an old man) who is easily annoyed or angered and who often complains"
Nah, don't feel bad. It's not a common word.

Yea, everyone seemed excited for it but it's not that great. Not even having the Third Eye is worth it. It replaced my Word tho.

Trials was good to fill some of my arsenal needs. Like:

A solar handcannon. Check.
A void scout. Check.
A solar Pulse Rifle. Check... Wouldn't mind getting a void one too.
An Arc Auto Rifle... I still don't have this. Something to aim for I guess.

Alright, Fig, let me have it!
Be gentle with me.
https://youtu.be/Q4YBBfVYSFQ

And here's the match where the team left once we got both heavies:
https://youtu.be/Y2CUFWkig2Y

You're too aggressive. You poke your head out too much when you're nearly dead. Let your teammates take care of it until you've got your shields back. You kept taking on groups on the left side by yourself when you could have easily just held back. Sometimes you were too indecisive, but you were lucky that the other team didn't notice you half the time. Also, super fail. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom