• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So I have an arc Efrideet's Spear with Final Round and at the tank part of the Nightfall, I decided to shoot the arc cannon off the tank first so he wouldn't be such a threat. Little did I know that when the cannon exploded the entire tank would be finished off. Is this normal? I was even able to replicate it. Didn't need to shoot the weak spot or anything. It died instantly and the stealth waves and snipers don't spawn.

OT: Is it possible to buy a code for the current expansion pass for XBone? It looks like Amazon sells PSN codes but not Xbox.

I wanted to pick one up as a gift for someone.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sorry for the really dumb/newbie question, but I FINALLY got everything installed and updated (didn't pre-order TTK yet, but did buy the 2 expansions since they're on sale).

What should I start focusing on with my 28 Warlock? Just start jumping into strikes, nightfalls, and raids to try and get some new goodies to hit max level?

E: Also posting my PSN ID again so I can play with DestinyGAF. nicoga3000

How are there so many posts. How is this possible. I don't even understand.

Destiny is an addiction machine aimed at "hardcore gamers", haven't you heard?

Sorry for the really dumb/newbie question, but I FINALLY got everything installed and updated (didn't pre-order TTK yet, but did buy the 2 expansions since they're on sale).

What should I start focusing on with my 28 Warlock? Just start jumping into strikes, nightfalls, and raids to try and get some new goodies to hit max level?

E: Also posting my PSN ID again so I can play with DestinyGAF. nicoga3000

Welcome. What have you done already on level 28?

OkayRene

Hey DGAF, I'm in the process of putting together a shopping list for a battlestation—or gaming desk—project. Any members here have their PlayStation 4s hooked up to a 24" or 27" monitor they would personally recommend?

vctor182

Got my Bones of Eao maxed, my hunter can now do this

se32Aty.gif

Lol DGAF always brings the humor :)

It takes a lot longer than 10 minutes to catch up, trust me.

I know, but by the time you actually catch up, we'll be 10 pages ahead..

I think no one is playing and everyone is posting, what's why so many posts.

Also, a lot of new players showing up and asking questions about leveling, raids, etc

I didn't even visit that gaming thread since u already knew what would be in it. This community is all I need in terms of discussion.

With that said, I can't wait to get off of work and play! Still need 2x nightfall at some point. And someone or 2 people to help me run through a few story missions on my baby lock and give me company!

noomi

Hey DGAF, I'm in the process of putting together a shopping list for a battlestation—or gaming desk—project. Any members here have their PlayStation 4s hooked up to a 24" or 27" monitor they would personally recommend?

I use a 24" BENQ 120Hz monitor, but I also have it hooked up to my gaming pc. You're going to want to find a low input lag monitor, 60Hz will be plenty for PS4.

List of what I want to complete by Friday:

Warlock from Level 9 to 20 via PvP and HM stories.
PoE 32 * 2 on my Hunter/Titan for them armor cores for my Lock.
Nightfall * 2 on my Hunter/Titan.

Hopefully Xur brings Voidfang, HOPF, or RAM.

Namikaze1

Nami even posts updates about his "trying to prepare cereal". He is miles ahead of ruthless. ;-p
Hey, I was trying to explain why I was away from my PS4 if anyone joined in on me after I asked if anyone is interested in teaming up for something. :p

k1t4j

Where do you grab the Year One emblem in game?

I thought Tess would have it but no, and it's not on the inventory and bank.

What am I missing here?

Hey Ray :) Welcome back!

We are dgaf, nothing is going to stop this train.

Yeah.... I'm also curious as to what happened.

allegedly, yesterday there was an Off-topic conversation that went for far too long. the OT was moved to the Off-topic section where it was eventually closed. thats all I know

Haha I rarely check the top list but the discussion had me curious. I would have guessed I'm in the top 20 but 4th?! And next closest is LiK at a little over 100 away. Haha top 3 are solidified.

Probably due to my loss.

LiK

You're too aggressive. You poke your head out too much when you're nearly dead. Let your teammates take care of it until you've got your shields back. You kept taking on groups on the left side by yourself when you could have easily just held back. Sometimes you were too indecisive, but you were lucky that the other team didn't notice you half the time. Also, super fail. :p

When I played with Nami and Todd, I was a medic hohoho

noomi

Tonight is about finishing up those golden chests.... and maybe a Skolas run if I can get a good team that wants to do it.

Will ask again for Skolas in about an hour and a half when I'm home from work.

allegedly, yesterday there was an Off-topic conversation that went for far too long. the OT was moved to the Off-topic section where it was eventually closed. thats all I know

Oh man... that's too bad. Just saw the final post in the thread from modbot. I can't imagine what I would do if they ever shut down DGAF, I would be so lost :(

Where do you grab the Year One emblem in game?

I thought Tess would have it but no, and it's not on the inventory and bank.

What am I missing here?

waiting till September is the only thing your missing. I on the other hand need 3 gold chests and wait till September.
speaking of which, there are plenty of guides that tell you where the chests are.. but is there any way to determine what chests you already have?

Tonight is about finishing up those golden chests.... and maybe a Skolas run if I can get a good team that wants to do it.

Will ask again for Skolas in about an hour and a half when I'm home from work.

Oh man... that's too bad. Just saw the final post in the thread from modbot. I can't imagine what I would do if they ever shut down DGAF, I would be so lost :(

I might do chest runs too. It's the only thing I need for the emblem

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
A bit. Thought I was at least top 3.

Anyway, gonna reroll this new BTRD and then more Crucible. Anyone wants to team up? Will post when ready for Crucible.

Lurve my BTRD <3. Managed to get it with Aggressive / Hot Swap / Quick Draw / Crowd Control.

k1t4j

Wait till 9/9/15.

waiting till September is the only thing your missing. I on the other hand need 3 gold chests and wait till September.
speaking of which, there are plenty of guides that tell you where the chests are.. but is there any way to determine what chests you already have?

You won't get it until September 15

IT's not out yet. It will drop when tTK drops.

Thanks everyone..... I missed that tiny bit of information :p

OT: Is it possible to buy a code for the current expansion pass for XBone? It looks like Amazon sells PSN codes but not Xbox.

I wanted to pick one up as a gift for someone.
Anyone? I'm a n00b when it comes to anything MS-related.

Worst case: I guess a points card would suffice.

I hate my char selection screen went from:

Warlock
Hunter
Titan

For over 1000 hours of my life and now the Warlock moved below everyone. The ONLY positive thing about the move is that they're now in Alphabetical Order. Other than that, it sucks!

When I want to play my Lock I naturally move to my (now) Hunter's spot. This is a harder transition than Bumper Jumper hah

Shito

Went to read the page before the last one, and, yeah...
Basically they posted some erotic fan fiction, and some pictures after that that were guaranteeing them a lock even without the OT stuff. Weird way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom