• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this for rag doll physics?

JoQeHhu.gif

~space magic~

Remember when I thought you were from Portugal? I had been taking some illicit substances.

Those were the good old days.

Unstable

Actually if you spec a Titan and a Warlock for full armor they have basically the same health (203 vs 202). Wearing The Ram actually makes Warlocks significantly stronger than anything possible on either of the other classes.

The funnest thing about all this is how the class balance works out.

Titans are by far the fastest class.

Warlocks are by far the strongest.

And Hunters are... Hmm ... The Blinkiest? No... No... Urm. Ah! They're absolutely the most Invisible class! Yeah...

And Hunters are... Hmm ... The Blinkiest? No... No... Urm. Ah! They're absolutely the most Invisible class! Yeah...

Hunters are awesome. Thats enough :p

GhaleonEB

They're the class that goes invisible to safely res dead Warlocks and Titans. :p

Voidwalker has axion bolt and blink. *Barf*

Plus the Ram is op for both classes.

Lightning grenades I have absolutely no issue with. A couple other folk have complained about them as well. I'm not quite understanding why, but everyone has their own set of hatred. I absolutely despise Red Death for example.

What? What's wrong with Blink? And axion bolt is so weak.

Lightning Grenades on the other hand are insane.

Most of times I throw and forget about them only to get a double kill 10 seconds later.

Definity

It's amazing how fast the titan really is once you get the momentum going. I was watching AEgabriel on twitch play a few games and it was insane how fast he could get around the map.

Hunters (well Bladedancers) are the best class at getting killed by every other super in the game.

It's their jump. It gets me killed more than anything else in the game. I get stuck on ceilings, float around like a giant parade float target, and am generally totally lacking the agility that Hunters have with their rapid movements (Hunter is my main character). Warlocks have their place; the self res is a great fallback to prevent wipes and nova bomb is pretty great. But of the three classes the Warlock is far and away the least fun, IMO.

That might change with the new subclass. Going all Palpatine while floating around frying everything goes a long ways with me.

never thought Id give up my hunter for crucible, but the warlock has grown on me lately so much its now my favorite PVP class to play. its got the same jump as the hunter, better grenades and melee. And once I finally get around to upgrading my ram, ill feel like a god,. A pagan goat headed god!

ocean

Banned

Hunters rock at shooting. This sounds weird but hear me out. Gunslingers gain buffed stability and reload speed for precision kills. Blade dancers can switch weapons and aim super quickly (this is so damn useful). Not quite as flashy as being faster or stronger but I think it makes as big a difference in the class "feel".

never thought Id give up my hunter for crucible, but the warlock has grown on me lately so much its now my favorite PVP class to play. its got the same jump as the hunter, better grenades and melee. And once I finally get around to upgrading my ram, ill feel like a god,. A pagan goat headed god!

What have you been drinking, Rob?

What? What's wrong with Blink? And axion bolt is so weak.

Lightning Grenades on the other hand are insane.

Most of times I throw and forget about them only to get a double kill 10 seconds later.
Honestly I don't have too much of an issue with blink as I've learned how to counter it for the most part, but it is still an unfair ability since movement is limited by the controller. If it was m/kb then it would be much less of an issue.

Lightning grenades I have no issue with because if you stand in them and die then it's your own fault. The amount of kills I've gotten off of throwing a lightning grenade at a heavy ammo crate is very disappointing. Why do people insist on trying to open the heavy while the grenade is there. You will die. Shoot the damn thing or wait it out. In certainly not saying lightning grenades aren't good, because they are excellent, but I don't find anything wrong with them. It seems like a good balance.

Axion bolt just disrupts everything you're doing. You have to immediately turn and run away. I've heard that you can punch the projectile or something, but I've had no luck with that so far.

I'm a gunslinger, but wouldn't bladedancer be the best PvP class if you take out supers? Blink, great grenade, quick draw on any gun. I'd give it to sunsingers if they had a decent jump.

It's a work in progress but what do you guys think of it so far? Feel like changing the text to "Welcome to Destiny-GAF Year 2"

D1HvQji.gif

That's awesome Nami!

I hope Destiny 2 has a class builder with points for balance or something. A Hunter with dual Lighting Grenades would be fantastic. We get shorted in the dual grenade category.

Ghazi

Damn, I'm really considering moving over from the bone to 4, but losing all my progress (I have all the exotics minus one or two HoW ones) and everything seems frustrating.

NastyBook

Okay, took out the Tank, does anybody want to just come in and help me finish Taniks off? Don't think I'll be able to manage through all the adds at the end by myself.

PSN: GibbShift

That's awesome Nami!

I hope Destiny 2 has a class builder with points for balance or something. A Hunter with dual Lighting Grenades would be fantastic. We get shorted in the dual grenade category.

Im really really really curious as to how Destiny 2 will turn out. Its going to be fascinating either way.
Prepare for the hate when its announced boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom