• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Alright, here's the revised one. What do you guys think of it?
xG6ppUs.gif

blackjaw

Damn, I'm really considering moving over from the bone to 4, but losing all my progress (I have all the exotics minus one or two HoW ones) and everything seems frustrating.

I did it in March, have rebuilt my epics...only thing I'm still missing that I had on bone is icebreaker and VoC.

Only had one RL friend left playing on xb1 and tons of RL friends on ps4 and plenty of people to play with on GAF.

Damn, I'm really considering moving over from the bone to 4, but losing all my progress (I have all the exotics minus one or two HoW ones) and everything seems frustrating.
Well it's not like you have to stop playing forever on Xbox one. I'm thinking of buying it on the Xbone, but I'll certainly still be playing on ps4.

Ghazi

Alright, here's the revised one. What do you guys think of it?
xG6ppUs.gif

DestinyGAF: Year 2 would look cleaner and gets the point across, imo.
Well it's not like you have to stop playing forever on Xbox one. I'm thinking of buying it on the Xbone, but I'll certainly still be playing on ps4.
In my case, it does. I'm moving and I'll only be able to buy one or the other console.

I did it in March, have rebuilt my epics...only thing I'm still missing that I had on bone is icebreaker and VoC.

Only had one RL friend left playing on xb1 and tons of RL friends on ps4 and plenty of people to play with on GAF.

I have two other friends I play Destiny with ALL the time, but one of them is on 4 and I know more people on 4 (both irl and online). I'd also be able to play with a lot more of DGAF.

Ive been thinking about getting the ONE for the exclusives. what the hell happened. its like a reverse last gen! now all of the sudden PlayStation is the 3rd party wagon and Microsoft is rocking the exclusive games? BIZARO WORLD!

Ive been thinking about getting the ONE for the exclusives. what the hell happened. its like a reverse last gen! now all of the sudden PlayStation is the 3rd party wagon and Microsoft is rocking the exclusive games? BIZARO WORLD!

I wish I could take the XB1 controller and play on the PS4. It's just so much better.

Ghazi

Nah. From what I can tell, Sony's still rocking the exclusives pretty hard. Their lineup is more diverse, for the most part. I love, love, love Halo, and chose the bone for it (MCC and 5), but we all saw how MCC turned out. While Halo 5 actually looks decent, I'm willing to miss for everything else the 4 has to offer.

Why are you considering the move?

I wish I could take the XB1 controller and play on the PS4. It's just so much better.

I think somebody posted a acessory that lets you do that.

I do. I'm sitting at a bar having a couple beers after a long day. Really pretty bartender starts talking to me. Then a few mins later she is talking to her friend and utters the dreaded b-word
(boyfriend)
. What should I do?

Do you go to this bar often?
If so, stay cool and don't do anything stupid. Observe some more. Throw some looks.
If not, go for it. It's not like it's gonn be a problem later.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just did POE 32 for the first time, holy hell Qodron was a pain in the ass. What a shitty mechanic that's communicated abysmally. I had to look up wtf to do. It was really satisfying when we got him down but it was preceded by 15 minutes of abject frustration that could've been avoided. And the rewards were lackluster. I would feel better about spending hours on a single POE run if I at least got a guaranteed Etheric Light at 32, the scarcity of those things is ridiculous. Haven't got a single one yet. How am I supposed to get to 33-34, exactly?

I do. I'm sitting at a bar having a couple beers after a long day. Really pretty bartender starts talking to me. Then a few mins later she is talking to her friend and utters the dreaded b-word
(boyfriend)
. What should I do?
Good luck ever trying to get at a bartender. I've tried many times and have only succeeded once. It's extremely difficult.

(boyfriend)
. What should I do?

Don't be a
loser
and just make casual conversation.

todd360

(boyfriend)
. What should I do?

Not the B word! Mention your ghorn! Quickly! Ladies love the ghorn.

Do you go to this bar often?
If so, stay cool and don't do anything stupid. Observe some more. Throw some looks.
If not, go for it. It's not like it's gonn be a problem later.

Yeah. A fair bit. I think she's new. Probably solid idea to get out of here soon before I get the liquid courage to do something mildly unsavory.

Shito

Thanks hedera and coy for the 34, that was a nice and easy run!
Still no cipher, but that was fun, that particular PoE is quite good I find
Please forgive my lack of talking and my scrubby deaths, for I realized I may be a bit tired right now... ^^

The funnest thing about all this is how the class balance works out.

Titans are by far the fastest class.

Warlocks are by far the strongest.

And Hunters are... Hmm ... The Blinkiest? No... No... Urm. Ah! They're absolutely the most Invisible class! Yeah...
Hunters are really good for PoE, bladedancer for the mines and the revives, and gunslinger + celestial hawk for the bosses. Meanwhile, warlocks are the worst at PoE in my opinion.
Then again, everybody is already a bit bored of PoE, so that doesn't mean much... ^^

I probably should have clarified all of this by saying I have experience dating bartenders and used to be one in college.

I was just trying to make some playful banter.

Ghazi

Why are you considering the move?

Better console, better exclusives (i.e. the Destiny ones), more people on there, and I really do like the controller. PSN being down frequently sounds like it blows, XBL doesn't have that problem that often. Makes sense, though, since Microsoft has Azure and has invested in their infrastructure for business.

cakely

Okay, took out the Tank, does anybody want to just come in and help me finish Taniks off? Don't think I'll be able to manage through all the adds at the end by myself.

PSN: GibbShift

You probably all ready did it but a 365 arc sniper will kill Taniks off before any of the adds arrive.

Getting past the tank was the hardest part of doing that Nightfall solo, it took me four tries.

First things first, I've dated several bartenders. I was just really taken aback by the flirty conversation followed by the boyfriend word.
Well that's their job...
I probably should have clarified all of this by saying I have experience dating bartenders and used to be one in college.

I was just trying to make some playful banter.
...but if you've done it before then good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom