• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed that doing HM Crota and then NM nets you no chance at the secondary and heavy weapons. Weak.

They really should have adjusted the HM lootpool to be more than just the two primary guns for Crota. Having another shot at hunger which took me over 7 months to get is crazy.

noomi

Playing salvage with silver and Macello. This is fun :D

I don't think I've ever done salvage before, maybe now I can get that trophy finally.

Dang! Everyone running PoE right now and I'm here at work for another hour and a half.

I will be doing 3x NM Crota tonight, just Crota, for the Hammer. I will also be looking for 3x 34 PoE. I'll be on around 6:30pm CST.

PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

M3Rocket

Sadly no, we did about 25 strikes today and never saw a single Hopscotch. I stole Ikkarus' Monte Carlo and he got an Universal Remote iirc.
All good fun though, running with two Titans shoulder charging whichever strike boss on our way.

Dang--Monte Carlo is the only Exotic weapon that I haven't been RNG'ed with yet.

Shoulder charging everything does sound like fun for all! Out of boredom, I ran a lot of the dragon strikes with Lord of Wolves as primary. And it is so much fun! Just run up to everything and "Brrrrrrrrrt" it up. Of all the HoW exotics, I think LoW has the most PvE utility and fun. I thought it would be Queenbreaker's Bow, but just like other Fusion rifles other than the Vex, the charge time is a huge drawback. And the ammo reserves on LoW seems ridiculously high, but I'm not complaining.

ocean

Banned
I got Truth during the IB, is it useless?

I mean just from being an exotic i can already guess that it probably is since Gjorn is king.
Truth is the king of PvP. The tracking on it doesn't work like tracking on any other launcher. This thing called fail on occasion (it'll crash into some geometry depending on the angle) but will normally track your enemies to death. If they blink it'll shoot up then come back and kill them :p also has proximity detonation and high velocity and blast radius. Gjallarhorn has a single PvP advantage: Wolfpack rounds make it the only RL that can kill a Bladedancer.

Truth is definitely worth owning.

JaY P.

Thanks to Ryck, dannyboy, marvelous and snowflake for the NF and Crota runs. Wish I could have gotten the gally but oh well. Better luck next time I suppose.

M3Rocket

finished my first poe 35 today. BUT I FORGOT about the treasure key that's needed to open the chest... at least "I've become a legend" =(

Ugh--sorry to hear that! At least you'll get the ship the next time you beat it. Not sure Bungie fixed the shader and emblem drop though?

Also, keep in mind for next time, if everyone waits to open the chests, you still can transfer a Treasure key using an app like Tower Ghost or through Bungie's web site to your current character.

Someone said that when Bloodborne launched this thread almost died. Was that the only game? Did this not happen with The Witcher 3 or Batman?
Bloodborne came out at a time when TDB had been out for a while and most people had 'completed' it. I expect the same to happen in August before TTK ramps up even though ToO is designed to offset that I think. Bungie probably intends to time the TTK reveals in order to keep the hype going through the upcoming quiet period.

Ugh--sorry to hear that! At least you'll get the ship the next time you beat it. Not sure Bungie fixed the shader and emblem drop though?

Also, keep in mind for next time, if everyone waits to open the chests, you still can transfer a Treasure key using an app like Tower Ghost or through Bungie's web site to your current character.

Don't think they did since I didn't get either of those upon completing. At least once I do it again it will feel like my first time again. lol

noomi

Certainly feeling accomplished in destiny today.

Finished triumphs, and completed the salvage trophy :p

Time for a little break be back later dgaf. Might run some PoE's with Macello later if he's up for it.

nOoblet16

I know Space Judo, using enemy's momentum against themselves....never shoulder someone who knows space judo.

52rSxzU.gif

Certainly feeling accomplished in destiny today.

Finished triumphs, and completed the salvage trophy :p

Time for a little break be back later dgaf. Might run some PoE's with Macello later if he's up for it.

Just remembered São Paulo is playing Vasco today here in Brasilia and I must go to the game. I'll just leave PoE for some other time.

Awesome games btw. One absolute stomp with 25K, 3d, 8.33K/D and the last one was also an amazing comeback.

Edit: Also, Clown Cartridge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tripod.

SkylineRKR

Truth is my fave RL by far but its simply not that useful in PvE (its like most others that are not called whatsitsname). Its one explosion, and thats it. Good BR though so a whole group of trash mob can be dispatched. I usually one shot evacuation crews with it just when they're descending.

In PvP though, its awesome as fuck. When those big maps were still in the Crucible Rotations I would seek snipers and watch them explode in glory. Or Sparrows on the horizon, the rocket would make a sharp corner with them and blow them up. Used to camp Blind Watch with it too, lots of Splash Damage.

Unstable

considering the hell he gave me, greencastle, and i believe coffey about having warlocks the other day I am laughing my ass off that he has one now.

I have one on PS4. And I'm not crazy enough not to have all three classes.

That doesn't stop Warlock from being horrible and you should feel bad every second you play as one. Titans are the superior class for superior players. Hell, I'd play a dirty Hunter over a Warlock.

Real talk tho. I got the Ram as my first exotic piece of armor. And you expected me not to make a Warlock? Seriously? I may be passionate about my beliefs, but still, I'm only human.

LiK

I have one on PS4. And I'm not crazy enough not to have all three classes.

That doesn't stop Warlock from being horrible and you should feel bad every second you play as one. Titans are the superior class for superior players. Hell, I'd play a dirty Hunter over a Warlock.

Real talk tho. I got the Ram as my first exotic piece of armor. And you expected me not to make a Warlock? Seriously? I may be passionate about my beliefs, but still, I'm only human.

you're a good guy. when can i play with you without having to do a raffle? lol

So I think I just played with a kid that went flawless through CE.

Found him on LFG, tells me he can solo CE normal no problem. He proceeds to do the whole thing without dying once. He was like 12 years old.

Ganhyun

So I think I just played with a kid that went flawless through CE.

Found him on LFG, tells me he can solo CE normal no problem. He proceeds to do the whole thing without dying once. He was like 12 years old.

Who is this kid? I need that achievement still, lol.

Urm. Now? (on Xbox)

if you want to do the Mars story missions that is lol

You should have hit me up. I would have powered you through those story missions.

Cuz I got me a Ballerhorn.

And I be shootin shit and enemies be splodin' like garsploosh!!

Then I shoot some more enemies and they blow up like karwoosh!!

Deku Tree

I want to delete my Titan and create a new one so that I can have a guy Titan instead of a lady Titan.

Yeah but I really don't want to go through all of that and I can't imagine re-doing all the rep grinds OMG. No I don't want to do that.

I just want a new character model Bungie!

Dunlop

I want to delete my Titan and create a new one so that I can have a guy Titan instead of a lady Titan.

Yeah but I really don't want to go through all of that and I can't imagine re-doing all the rep grinds OMG. No I don't want to do that.

I just want a new character model Bungie!
2/3 of my characters are goofy looking green robots because I let my kids make them. Thankfully there is a keep helm on option lol

Not patched, you can still do it.

But it's easier to just do Bridge legit for Flawless Raider, unless you only have a couple people in the fire team.

Yeah. This was one kid doing a flawless run solo. Pretty impressive. He wouldn't stop taking but I guess I had to make a couple concessions to witness it.

Top of page Edit: my gjallarhorn brings all the dregs to the yard, and I'm like "you're gonna explode, damn right, you're gonna explode"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom