• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better console, better exclusives (i.e. the Destiny ones), more people on there, and I really do like the controller. PSN being down frequently sounds like it blows, XBL doesn't have that problem that often. Makes sense, though, since Microsoft has Azure and has invested in their infrastructure for business.

Well, if anything, TTK beeing labelled as "year 2" make it sound as if they are going to abandon year 1 stuff.

Either by making those useless or simply not letting us use it. This might be the best time to change plataforms if that's the case.

coy

Thanks hedera and coy for the 34, that was a nice and easy run!
Still no cipher, but that was fun, that particular PoE is quite good I find
Please forgive my lack of talking and my scrubby deaths, for I realized I may be a bit tired right now... ^^

Hunters are really good for PoE, bladedancer for the mines and the revives, and gunslinger + celestial hawk for the bosses. Meanwhile, warlocks are the worst at PoE in my opinion.
Then again, everybody is already a bit bored of PoE, so that doesn't mean much... ^^
Nah it was fine. And yes a smooth run throughout which is always welcome. We'll both get ciphers someday then we can be the ones to brag to hedera. :p

I love Hunters in PoE (and everything else). Can be the sneaky bastards we are meant to be. M

todd360

Fig and Vietnami

What time works for you on Sunday for mythocast? Trying to get a time that works for everyone. I think Hawkian said anytime after 4 pm est works for him.

Lnkn52

It's a work in progress but what do you guys think of it so far? Feel like changing the text to "Welcome to Destiny-GAF Year 2"

D1HvQji.gif

Ha! I see its a Gif. Looks good. I would even go as far as using the logo, as well one of those icons with the two.

Hedera

Nah it was fine. And yes a smooth run throughout which is always welcome. We'll both get ciphers someday then we can be the ones to brag to hedera. :p

I love Hunters in PoE (and everything else). Can be the sneaky bastards we are meant to be. M
I'm such a jerk ;p That was great fun guys.

PS: I love your accent Shito.

Shito

We'll both get ciphers someday then we can be the ones to brag to hedera. :p
Haha, yep, the wheel will turn!
Even though I got real lucky those past weeks on the raids, got all the primary weapons I was missing in the span of two weeks, so I guess I'm due for at least a month of crappy drops to make up for it, now... ^^

PS: I love your accent Shito.
My, thanks!
But don't tell me that, I don't want to end up like all those French guys who never work on their english accent because everybody tell them the French accent is lovely! :D

Ghazi

Well, if anything, TTK beeing labelled as "year 2" make it sound as if they are going to abandon year 1 stuff.

Either by making those useless or simply not letting us use it. This might be the best time to change plataforms if that's the case.

Let's hope so. It would be much easier to stomach, though, if there were character transfers.

Kyoufu

Damn, I'm really considering moving over from the bone to 4, but losing all my progress (I have all the exotics minus one or two HoW ones) and everything seems frustrating.

I bet you could make a large chunk of your progress back in a couple of weeks, especially with DGAF helping out.

This is hopefully to be used for the OT that goes up around Taken King's launch.

You hear that, Drizzay? :p

Already saved the image for future use, it looks great :) Let me know if you decide to change it.

At the current rate this OT won't last more than a couple more days. I'll start making the new one tonight, so hopefully nothing terrible will happen in the meantime. I'll be keeping an eye out for new OT titles...

Thanks man, felt good to finally get it done.

Do you have Word of Crota/Sword Breaker? I did my last Thorn bounty with those two, knocked it out in less than a day and I'm so-so in Crucible.
Yeah I definitely have much better options (matador, two to the morgue, void scholar, etc) but I'm doing this with whatever void weapons my titan currently has. This is mostly just for fun as I've done the bounty twice now, but this is an extra challenge.

I haven't played this game really since release. I just logged on and my warlock is level 24 and I have the season pass for the 2 dlc.. I tried doing the first mission which is lvl 24 but can't beat the boss. Is there a good way to get better gear now a days? I don't really have any friends that play so I need a way to gear solo =[

I wonder if this is alluding to the phase out of old weapons from year 1 and replaced with new year 2 exotics. Or what if, there s no upgrade path for Year 1 Exotics, and we have to collect them all over again for year 2 to upgrade beyond 365.

Moment of Triumph seems like a cool idea for Bungie Day. Now I have an excuse to go find all those gold chests.

Somehow I only have 8/20.

Gong

Yeah I definitely have much better options (matador, two to the morgue, void scholar, etc) but I'm doing this with whatever void weapons my titan currently has. This is mostly just for fun as I've done the bounty twice now, but this is an extra challenge.

Ahh, that's cool, had visions of you struggling with less than stellar weapons to knock the bounty out. Never thought about adding another layer of challenge on top of it, hope you manage it with the weapons you're using, better person than me!

grief

Anyone wanna give me a hand with 3x Nightfalls real quick? Should be a blast this week!

Oops, top of the page! Shoutout to the cool level 7 set you get from the golden chests.

Ghazi

I wonder if this is alluding to the phase out of old weapons from year 1 and replaced with new year 2 exotics. Or what if, there s no upgrade path for Year 1 Exotics, and we have to collect them all over again for year 2 to upgrade beyond 365.

I doubt that, they saw the outcry over upgrading them with Xur. I'm sure they'll set up some new progression pathway, but current exotics will most likely carry over.

I bet you could make a large chunk of your progress back in a couple of weeks, especially with DGAF helping out.
True. I'll probably jump the gun early August, that'd give me a chance to do a lot before TTK drops. Since I've already done everything on the One, I should be able to blast through most stuff quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom