• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like the Warlock-hate going on in this thread right now... :/
Well they are scummy pieces of fuck, I'm not gonna lie.

I also can't lie that it's hilarious as hell when I use them and get to abuse that ridiculous melee. And firebolt with viking funeral is just good times when you're the one causing it. It's the lamest shit in the world when you're on the receiving end.

Ophelion

What do you mean "right now"?

This thread is rife with haters 24/7.

It's why we have to delight in our Warlockness at all times. To spite them.

That said, I just got Celestial Nighthawk, so I'm probably going to be playing my Hunter a whole lot more.

GhaleonEB

It's their jump. It gets me killed more than anything else in the game. I get stuck on ceilings, float around like a giant parade float target, and am generally totally lacking the agility that Hunters have with their rapid movements (Hunter is my main character). Warlocks have their place; the self res is a great fallback to prevent wipes and nova bomb is pretty great. But of the three classes the Warlock is far and away the least fun, IMO.

That might change with the new subclass. Going all Palpatine while floating around frying everything goes a long ways with me.

Fuck this, I'm out.

xcUIMlJ.gif

Well they are scummy pieces of fuck, I'm not gonna lie.

I also can't lie that it's hilarious as hell when I use them and get to abuse that ridiculous melee. And firebolt with viking funeral is just good times when you're the one causing it. It's the lamest shit in the world when you're on the receiving end.

Unfair, I think. All classes has some "bullshit" mechanic on pvp that is almost too good.

Lightning Grenades are ridiculous OP for example.

Also, Voidwalkers are absolutelly fine. It's just Sunsingers that can be annoying if used correctly. If you don't know how to use them it's just funny to see them rez and get killed right after.

It's their jump. It gets me killed more than anything else in the game. I get stuck on ceilings, float around like a giant parade float target, and am generally totally lacking the agility that Hunters have with their rapid movements (Hunter is my main character). Warlocks have their place; the self res is a great fallback to prevent wipes and nova bomb is pretty great. But of the three classes the Warlock is far and away the least fun, IMO.

That might change with the new subclass. Going all Palpatine while floating around frying everything goes a long ways with me.

I was so surprised how bad the jump was when I started a Warlock after using only a Titan for months. They're also made of glass compared to
Titans, which didn't help.

ocean

Banned
Sun singers have the best melee in the game. Arguably the best grenades? And an amazingly useful Super which can be used passively or super aggressively. Their armor buffs them like crazy, those perks are all killer. Plus they're the bringers of Space Magic.

But the same floaty jump is enough to cancel out the fact that they have advantages everywhere else. It's that bad.

ocean

Banned
I was so surprised how bad the jump was when I started a Warlock after using only a Titan for months. They're also made of glass compared to
Titans, which didn't help.
Actually if you spec a Titan and a Warlock for full armor they have basically the same health (203 vs 202). Wearing The Ram actually makes Warlocks significantly stronger than anything possible on either of the other classes.

Shito

Heh, missed the train on Ryck it seems. ^^

Soooo... anyone would fancy a quick PoE 34?
Haven't done it last week, and it's the third time in a row I'm a taaad bit too late on joining up a group; help a fellow gaffer not get an elder cypher! :D

Unfair, I think. All classes has some "bullshit" mechanic on pvp that is almost too good.

Lightning Grenades are ridiculous OP for example.

Also, Voidwalkers are absolutelly fine. It's just Sunsingers that can be annoying if used correctly. If you don't know how to use them it's just funny to see them rez and get killed right after.
Voidwalker has axion bolt and blink. *Barf*

Plus the Ram is op for both classes.

Lightning grenades I have absolutely no issue with. A couple other folk have complained about them as well. I'm not quite understanding why, but everyone has their own set of hatred. I absolutely despise Red Death for example.

todd360

Lol just got mine last night, leveling it up now

Its pretty good for one on one fights with thorn users. Mow em down with the last word and have a better chance of not dieing from the burn

Voidwalker has axion bolt and blink. *Barf*

Plus the Ram is op for both classes.

Lightning grenades I have absolutely no issue with. A couple other folk have complained about them as well. I'm not quite understanding why, but everyone has their own set of hatred. I absolutely despise Red Death for example.

They are so annoying in trials. You get hit by one and your immediately almost dead. Then it just sits there and laughs at you for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom