• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehsa

Added! join up. Need one more, Nightfall in progress.

PSN kidklovius

EDIT: formerly in progress, lul. starting again;;

Heh we had to restart a couple of times too, vandals jump through shields and do not get blinded until after they kill you :/

Thanks for the NF runs Dave, Xplicit and Private! Will check on some PoE runs when I get back in town Sunday, have a good week/end DGAF

Nevermind. The did 1 story mission solo and now I'll just play PvP. Got a better HC from the gunsmith so I'm going to dominate heads. My goal is to be #1 above all the L34s.

...ok. Not sure what the point of posting is if anyone can take the spots.

Anybody want to start an actual raid group? HM VoG or CE.

Edit: or I'd be down to do a Skolas w Bomba and Hudson.

Either would be good with me. VoG NM with all ascended gear?

Edit Skolas would be nice unless someone needs vog/CE gear.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Because there is a time limit on who can join. If someone wants a spot but can't join for another 30 minutes that is their own bad. The last spot is still yours if you want it. And another thing is that spots could be taken via PSN. Not

blackjaw

I can do a VOG

Would prefer normal to get a better shot at VoC but I'll do HM

SnakeEyes

Banned
Good job SnakeEyes. Your productivity inspires us all.

Not bloody likely. I feel my job has moved away from being a technology salesperson, and more into the realm of being the Dr. Phil for retards who really shouldn't own technology.

On the upside, at least my Destiny Nepal Aid shirt shipped today ^_^

Really miss carry more ammo for special. 3 snipe is not crackin'

But damn does it feel good to be a level 10 out sniping a level 34 that's using Her Benevolence and I'm using a random green sniper.

Gordon

Dude, HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I did my 2nd VoG run and guess what I got? Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast. I am the luckiest guy in Destiny history aren't I?
My wife did something similar. Ran normal and got random gear, then hard and got Vex. Fatebringer was either that run or the one the following week.
I hate you both, and have neither after dozens of runs

My wife did something similar. Ran normal and got random gear, then hard and got Vex. Fatebringer was either that run or the one the following week.
I hate you both, and have neither after dozens of runs

Updating the list.

So how lucky have I been on a scale of 1 to 10? I bought the game for xbox to start fresh on that console on June 6th. Today, I have all these things.

Vex Mythoclast
Fatebringer
Ice Breaker
Gjallarhorn
Last Word x 2
Thorn
Bad Juju
Suros Regime
Red Death
No Land Beyond
Universal Remote
Patience and Time
Plan C
Queenbreaker Bow
Truth
Black Hammer
Hunger of Crota
Word of Crota
Praedyth's Timepiece and Revenge
Corrective Measures
Hezen Vengeance
Atheon Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Oversoul Edict

I defy you to find anyone with better luck than this. I can't believe it man, especially after how shitty the grind was back during launch on PS4. This is like reparations for my daily 4 hour loot cave farms back then.

Sorry for the confusion everyone that posted up there ^. We're at Crota now so it won't be long.

Either would be good with me. VoG NM with all ascended gear?

Haha we still need to do a Flawless VoG someday. Maybe tonight. Apparently there was still a spot in that CE so I'll do that then down for Skolas or whatever.

Because there is a time limit on who can join. If someone wants a spot but can't join for another 30 minutes that is their own bad. The last spot is still yours if you want it. And another thing is that spots could be taken via PSN. Not

I was sitting in orbit when you posted that the raid was full, which was weird. Just not the way I do raid groups but it's whatever.

1) I can now buy exotic engrams to try to get stuff again, that's the only positive thing
2) They better add an exotic shard to X conversion.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sorry for the confusion everyone that posted up there ^. We're at Crota now so it won't be long.

Haha we still need to do a Flawless VoG someday. Maybe tonight. Apparently there was still a spot in that CE so I'll do that then down for Skolas or whatever.

I was sitting in orbit when you posted that the raid was full, which was weird. Just not the way I do raid groups but it's whatever.

Whether people are in the fireteam or not I always post it's full when the limit is reached.

I'm not going to swordbear. I'm going to try something.

GhaleonEB

So I'm hunting down gold chests, which I'm both super late to and enjoying, without a guide. Prior to starting today I had 2/5 on Earth, 2/5 on the moon, and 1/5 on both Venus and Mars. I found two in a bit of searching earlier today. It's fun exploring the nooks and crannies.

Am I right in thinking they are only found in the large, public spaces? Meaning, the only areas on the moon would be Hellmouth, Anchor of Light and Archers' Line, as opposed to any of the underground spaces? Similarly, Skywatch vs say, The Refinery on Earth?

So I just got a Hopscotch Pilgrim with Third Eye, Skip Rounds/Quickdraw/Smallbore, and Rangefinder. Keeper as is?

Funny enough, all three players in the strike got one. I should have taken a screenshot.

So I'm hunting down gold chests, which I'm both super late to and enjoying, without a guide. Prior to starting today I had 2/5 on Earth, 2/5 on the moon, and 1/5 on both Venus and Mars. I found two in a bit of searching earlier today. It's fun exploring the nooks and crannies.

Am I right in thinking they are only found in the large, public spaces? Meaning, the only areas on the moon would be Hellmouth, Anchor of Light and Archers' Line, as opposed to any of the underground spaces? Similarly, Skywatch vs say, The Refinery on Earth?

Some are hidden pretty well, like the ones on Mars. Others are pretty easy to find.

Some can only be accessed via strikes, others can be accessed faster via certain story missions.

Gordon

Updating the list.

So how lucky have I been on a scale of 1 to 10? I bought the game for xbox to start fresh on that console on June 6th. Today, I have all these things.

Vex Mythoclast
Fatebringer
Ice Breaker
Gjallarhorn
Last Word x 2
Thorn
Bad Juju
Suros Regime
Red Death
No Land Beyond
Universal Remote
Patience and Time
Plan C
Queenbreaker Bow
Truth
Black Hammer
Hunger of Crota
Word of Crota
Praedyth's Timepiece and Revenge
Corrective Measures
Hezen Vengeance
Atheon Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Oversoul Edict

I defy you to find anyone with better luck than this. I can't believe it man, especially after how shitty the grind was back during launch on PS4. This is like reparations for my daily 4 hour loot cave farms back then.
That's disgusting. My wife has had similar luck though. She started playing on her silver account around november and upgraded to gold just after christmas. Actually her list is almost identical to yours with two subtractions (Praedyth's stuff) and two caveats (hasn't finished her Thorn or cipher bounties yet)
That said she plays very little and it has also dropped a pile of disgustingly good hand cannons and shotguns on her. God rolls all around, back before re-rolling, and all disregarded thanks to Fatebringer and her disdain for CQC lol
I'm not too salty though - it's nice having her in-game both because she's my partner, and also because she's really well armed and can pull her weight and then some lol
And I just got LiTC/Speed Reload/Final Round Ill Will lol :D

RNGesus is generous these days. Praise be the days of 2 energies from an engram are gone lol

No, that's not the case. Actually, if I'm remembering correctly, very few of them are in public areas.

GhaleonEB

Some are hidden pretty well, like the ones on Mars. Others are pretty easy to find.

Some can only be accessed via strikes, others can be accessed faster via certain story missions.

Oh damn. There goes my hope of exploring at my leisure in patrol. :\

Guess I'll bail on that challenge.

Arrrammis

The chests can be anywhere, in wide open spaces, inside buildings, deep underground, etc. There are even a few in places you can only reach when doing a certain strike or mission. It's more difficult without a guide, but there's so many cool places that you never see otherwise. You can still find at least 4/5 on each planet in patrol, which I think is the most fun.

GhaleonEB

The chests can be anywhere, in wide open spaces, inside buildings, deep underground, etc. There are even a few in places you can only reach when doing a certain strike or mission. It's more difficult without a guide, but there's so many cool places that you never see otherwise. You can still find at least 4/5 on each planet in patrol, which I think is the most fun.

The bummer about the strikes one is, that means I basically have to abandon my fire team to go wandering around, and have a short time to do so as most are blowing through the strikes rapidly. So there's not really a good way right now without just looking at a guide and running there, which isn't fun. I wish they'd kept them in public spaces, it was fun finding a couple of them today.

So I just got a Hopscotch Pilgrim with Third Eye, Skip Rounds/Quickdraw/Smallbore, and Rangefinder. Keeper as is?

Funny enough, all three players in the strike got one. I should have taken a screenshot.

Blah wish id been there i have messenger but still wanna get hop to test different rolls.

So if anyone doing VoG or PoEs id be down to join just post and ill jump on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom