• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They don't have to do the same for last gen consoles. And they shouldn't. I don't think many people play the last gen versions compared to current.

It was funny seeing some guy come into Unstable's stream and asking him if he's playing 360 version.

I hope Taken King is a huge upgrade. And by that I mean much bigger vault space, more material exchanges, be able to customize the looks of our characters in terms of hairdo, etc. Not just another raid, more classes, weapons, etc.

I would have had the me Warlock gear in the vault had vault space been bigger. Hope this will be the case starting with TTK. It's year 2 after all.

DGAF is hardly a reliable method of grouping up. It's usually a waste of time to post looking for something, especially Skolas, and in the case of most activities (PoE 32/34, any of the raids) you really just need warm bodies.

I wouldn't say hardly. I have had great success completing raids, POE 32-35, , IB groups, Trials And NF's. I hardly ever use LFG sites because of DGAF. Just did a POE 34 and 35 earlier and wiped on 34 boss once and then skolas once.

I know. :(

That sucked. Need him to get that blindy bubble upgraded.

Separately,

OMG ROCKET LEAGUE fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun

Now I'm wondering if you and I should have posted up on the left end and handled those archons while the dude with the blinding bubble popped that at the other end's entrance and taken those out with a shotgun. Rinse and repeat...

phen0m24

Now I'm wondering if you and I should have posted up on the left end and handled those archons while the dude with the blinding bubble popped that at the other end's entrance and taken those out with a shotgun. Rinse and repeat...

You don't have to. Let the servitor devour them, then just dps the boss as much as you can..with ghorn and black hammer.

this is the part where we convince DJ to get a XBone

:p

We couldn't dps him enough in time. He'd just devour and go right back to 100% health.

Edit, also no bhams and only the two 33s had horns.

this is the part where we convince DJ to get a XBone

:p

Let the boss eat the first wave, don't damage it at all until it has. Then dps it as much as you can. When the second wave comes out, camp the spawn at the right side and kill the dregs asap. You'll have plenty to time to kill the boss then.

We couldn't dps him enough in time. He'd just devour and go right back to 100% health.

Yeah, sounds like a tough scenario. I would argue Bham is even more powerful against the boss than Ghorn with WoL in the mix.

The only scenario I see that party mix working is to prep for the fight by using the Heavy Ammo trick to get a shit ton of Heavy littered all over the map or in the corner you hunkered down for so the Ghorns can just spam away.

Were you killing the adds first? You can take your time to set up once that first wave is cleared (lure the boss to the middle so the spawning adds don't get in the way).

Also, shotguns work really well once your rockets are out (blessing helps you stay alive if you go that route).

If you still can't get enough dps, you can just do it by burning half his health. If so, you'd basically need to treat the fight like Skolas where you take out waves of adds and the dregs are what you rotate away from rather than the boss. No matter what the method, you want to leave the yellow bar dregs alone and let the boss get his munch on.

Let the boss eat the first wave, don't damage it at all until it has. Then dps it as much as you can. When the second wave comes out, camp the spawn at the right side and kill the dregs asap. You'll have plenty to time to kill the boss then.

Were you killing the adds first? You can take your time to set up once that first wave is cleared (lure the boss to the middle so the spawning adds don't get in the way).

Also, shotguns work really well once your rockets are out (blessing helps you stay alive if you go that route).

If you still can't get enough dps, you can just do it by burning half his health. If so, you'd basically need to treat the fight like Skolas where you take out waves of adds and the dregs are what you rotate away from rather than the boss. No matter what the method, you want to leave the yellow bar dregs alone and let the boss get his munch on.

What am I not getting here? We let the first wave come out, left boss alone. Let him eat his shit. Then took out adds, went back towards the spawn door, popped two bubbles on each side of us and then went ham on boss until next round of adds came to either kill us and/or fill his health back up.

Edit: we had dregs coming from both ends. Camping one spawn doesn't take care of the other.

Edit: we had dregs coming from both ends. Camping one spawn doesn't take care of the other.

Hmm, I don't recall dregs coming out from the other side, you just have to kill the major dregs with shotguns who get consumed, you can ignore most of the other adds.

Since the modifier is grounded, try not to jump. That will help in survival.

Hmm, I don't recall dregs coming out from the other side, you just have to kill the major dregs with shotguns who get consumed, you can ignore most of the other adds.

Since the modifier is grounded, try not to jump. That will help in survival.

We had three come out from the usual spot towards the left side but also three come from the far right side underneath that ledge. They were yellow bar dregs just like the other three.

Is that maybe just the first round of them? I'm so confused now.

What am I not getting here? We let the first wave come out, left boss alone. Let him eat his shit. Then took out adds, went back towards the spawn door, popped two bubbles on each side of us and then went ham on boss until next round of adds came to either kill us and/or fill his health back up.

If you were close to killing the boss, I'd set up toward the middle because the adds will spawn at the edge of the map and be on you right away. That extra 5-10 seconds of not dealing with them in your face can be all the difference.

If you weren't close to finishing the fight and/or the second adds weren't the problem, then you can just do what dps you can then immediately resume being defensive. The boss will kill the yellow bar dregs for you, and you can slowly kill the adds before dpsing again. The boss spawns adds at lower points in his health bar each time you do this, and eventually will stop spawning them altogether.

When he goes back to 100% health like he did in your fights, you had made a significant step toward beating him as opposed to going back to square one.

phen0m24

Um, what in heaven's name is that above me? EGADS

We had three come out from the usual spot towards the left side but also three come from the far right side underneath that ledge. They were yellow bar dregs just like the other three.

Is that maybe just the first round of them? I'm so confused now.

we must go watch videos.

or do the 34 with DJ on PS4 then try try again

why am I awake? Gosh I want to play more Rocket League.

If you were close to killing the boss, I'd set up toward the middle because the adds will spawn at the edge of the map and be on you right away. That extra 5-10 seconds of not dealing with them in your face can be all the difference.

If you weren't close to finishing the fight and/or the second adds weren't the problem, then you can just do what dps you can then immediately resume being defensive. The boss will kill the yellow bar dregs for you, and you can slowly kill the adds before dpsing again. The boss spawns adds at lower points in his health bar each time you do this, and eventually will stop spawning them altogether.

When he goes back to 100% health like he did in your fights, you had made a significant step toward beating him as opposed to going back to square one.

But each time he spawns adds, those yellow bar guys will get him back to 100% health. Is he easier to kill after each ether feast or something? Otherwise, we will just keep going in circles.

Um, what in heaven's name is that above me? EGADS

we must go watch videos.

or do the 34 with DJ on PS4 then try try again

why am I awake? Gosh I want to play more Rocket League.

Prepare to try this again tomorrow night. We will get a 34 to complete the group. It's not like I haven't done this before. Just never as under leveled as we were. I'm not sure what I'm missing on the health regen thing.

edi*: wh**, huge *ex* gli*ch

Dafuq was that....

Anyway.

Me when I see Wicked and Unstable in a Fireteam with a free spot

dedddcgsmp.gif

phen0m24

Prepare to try this again tomorrow night. We will get a 34 to complete the group. It's not like I haven't done this before. Just never as under leveled as we were. I'm not sure what I'm missing on the health regen thing.

No prob. We'll bang it out.

I told Josh his guy would be fine at 33.5 - if we had the Saint 14 bubble on each side you would buy plenty of time in the middle.

But each time he spawns adds, those yellow bar guys will get him back to 100% health. Is he easier to kill after each ether feast or something? Otherwise, we will just keep going in circles.

He spawns them at lower health points, so you're making huge progress. I may be wrong about the exact numbers, but I believe the healing jerks (and adds, I think) spawn at 100, 75, 50 and 25% of his health. So, say you kill the adds at the start (100%), then take down 40% of his health. Once you make it through the wave of adds that spawned (75%), the next won't spawn until 50% of his health remains. That means that you can take him down to 51% of health, ammo up, pick your nose, get your supers, then burn the rest of his health.

He spawns them at lower health points, so you're making huge progress. I may be wrong about the exact numbers, but I believe the healing jerks (and adds, I think) spawn at 100, 75, 50 and 25% of his health. So, say you kill the adds at the start (100%), then take down 40% of his health. Once you make it through the wave of adds that spawned (75%), the next won't spawn until 50% of his health remains. That means that you can take him down to 51% of health, ammo up, pick your nose, get your supers, then burn the rest of his health.

Let me help

Edit: Sparrows post was still an asterisks filled shit fest for me at the time of this posting. :eek:

ocean

Banned
More vault space isn't going to happen unless Bungie drop last gen entirely, like how any new DA:I DLC will be current gen only. The system memory in last gen consoles is holding us all back now.
Not having Vault space is ultimately more of a design choice than a memory limitation. Last gen is holding us back from having a *bigger* Vault. Bungie's design is the only thing preventing having *more* Vaults (probably to new players being confused or things being too cluttered).

Think of the Tower, how there's several Vault terminals. They all open the same Vault. If they each opened a different one - number them, or call one for weapons and one for armor differently, whatever - they'd give us the space we need without the memory constraints inherent to visualizing too many items on screen at once.

Still doubt they'll do it, as I'm getting strong hints that they want us to "make choices" (as in, be forced to delete a ton of our stuff) and limited Vault space is a great way to force quicker adoption of the newer weapons.

Right. It's getting rid of the archon dregs before they feed his health though. They knock it back up to 100% if you don't kill them all, right?

Wait. So if we get him down so the second group of adds spawn... Then let's say he eats and gets his health back up. Will he not spawn adds again until his health is 50% (skipping the 75% spawn this time around)?

I don't think I've typed one asterisk in this thread.*

*may have typed an asterisk in this thread, but definitely not an asterisk filled shit fest.

You missed it then. A mod (accidentally?) banned the letters A, O, and T. All of Neogaf was filled wi*h *w* m*ny *s*erisks for a few minutes.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7ek7C51.png[/IMG]

Right. It's getting rid of the archon dregs before they feed his health though. They knock it back up to 100% if you don't kill them all, right?

As far as I am aware, the dregs only impact the health of the boss, not the add waves.

What that means is that once you deal with the second (75%) wave, you can freely damage the boss until 50% of his health remains. So it doesn't matter that he has 100% of his health again since you can freely do up to 49% damage.

As far as I am aware, the dregs only impact the health of the boss, not the add waves.

What that means is that once you deal with the second (75%) wave, you can freely damage the boss until 50% of his health remains. So it doesn't matter that he has 100% of his health again since you can freely do up to 49% damage.

Oh fuck. Are you serious?? Bloody fucking hell.

Well that completely changes the game. Crap.

I really hope Vault of Glass and Crota's End are worth it, because... I'm starting to dread every time I have to repeat a strike with just bigger numbers of enemies, walk all over the same places again, kill the same enemies again, repeat the same mechanics against bullet esponges.

Most flaws the people blame the game for, I can give them a pass, but the "Rinse and repeat with more bullets" its getting to my nerves. During the House of Wolves sidestory I had to resist the urges of shutting down the console and throwing the disc through the window. Playing with randoms does not make thing betters and I feel like all the loot is the same thing. In fact, I have more fun observing the tactics from other players in Clash.

I miss my 360. And Halo. The story has never felt more like a joke with the expansions. Particularlly WTF moment when you get to that time when you need dinklebot to hack into something during the expansions but it will remain silent, xD.

Yep, I am all burned, and yet I keep playing, even if I don't care about loot or reaching... How the heck can you keep playing this daily?

Lnkn52

They don't have to do the same for last gen consoles. And they shouldn't. I don't think many people play the last gen versions compared to current.

It was funny seeing some guy come into Unstable's stream and asking him if he's playing 360 version.
I hope the next expansion gets rid of old gen. Dragon Age did, Bungie you can too.

Congrats man, PM that pic to Lnkn52 if you didn't do that already and he'll add you to the list ;)

Also congrats! That Lnkn dude takes an awful lot of time to add the new GLords to the list, must be playing Rocket League or something...
Ty! I didn't get to play when I got home. Noticed that my PS4 crashed while I was playing. Something to do with overheating in the menu or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom