• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep in mind that I don't really know the exact numbers. I was basing them off of posts like the following:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/952149-destiny/71932045

But you can learn it as you go once you have the idea down. You guys will crush him next run, I am sure.

Oh man. I feel like an idiot now. I thought it was infinite respawns at certain health levels. Ugh. We survived just fine on taking down adds. We (I) just thought we had to burn him down before he regained health during the second wave because we couldn't dps the yellow dregs in time. Otherwise he'd go back to full health and we'd have to essentially start all over. But no. Argh. I'm so annoyed at myself now.

Big thanks to Lnkn!! Powered me through Hard Mode all of Moon and Venus (with the exception of 1 mission on Normal because I was 3 below and it wouldn't let me).

Power levelled from 10 or 11 to 16 after I turned in a bounty. Pretty sure I'll hit 20 now by Friday :)

Jinjo

You're thinking about Destiny 2.

Yeah, exactly. There's not going to be any big overhauls or changes till Destiny 2. Expect another year of the same stuff. Hopefully the actual content is just better. That'd be quite a big thing already.

ocean

Banned
Big thanks to Lnkn!! Powered me through Hard Mode all of Moon and Venus (with the exception of 1 mission on Normal because I was 3 below and it wouldn't let me).

Power levelled from 10 or 11 to 16 after I turned in a bounty. Pretty sure I'll hit 20 now by Friday :)
Once you're back to being high level this is the fastest XP farm:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKI6fjDLCN0

Not good for reaching 20, but it'll speed up upgrading those old Exotics with a million upgrade bubbles when you start getting them back.

I really hope Vault of Glass and Crota's End are worth it, because... I'm starting to dread every time I have to repeat a strike with just bigger numbers of enemies, walk all over the same places again, kill the same enemies again, repeat the same mechanics against bullet esponges.

Destiny is a loot game, not a content game. Play it like that and you won't feel burned out all the time.

Vault will definitely be a great experience, that much I can guarantee. Crota is nowhere close to the level of VoG as a raid, but still it's something different to the strikes, patrols, etc.

Ty! I didn't get to play when I got home. Noticed that my PS4 crashed while I was playing. Something to do with overheating in the menu or something.

Does your PS4 also sound like a jet engine when you're playing RL? I've been hearing that around. Lots of PSN errors as well. Fun how half of DGAF show up yesterday, seems to make every game a little bit more fun :)

Queen's rank 3 finally!

Shader + ToO gear looks sick

6SgZNEx.png

Got to 17 in no time from dominating PvP. Crazy how much better it is with using decent weapons and having more subclass unlocked. I feel like I lost my memory and I'm slowly gaining my power back :p

Once you're back to being high level this is the fastest XP farm:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKI6fjDLCN0

Not good for reaching 20, but it'll speed up upgrading those old Exotics with a million upgrade bubbles when you start getting them back.

Thanks, I'll definitely check that out!

Gordon

I really hope Vault of Glass and Crota's End are worth it, because... I'm starting to dread every time I have to repeat a strike with just bigger numbers of enemies, walk all over the same places again, kill the same enemies again, repeat the same mechanics against bullet esponges.

Most flaws the people blame the game for, I can give them a pass, but the "Rinse and repeat with more bullets" its getting to my nerves. During the House of Wolves sidestory I had to resist the urges of shutting down the console and throwing the disc through the window. Playing with randoms does not make thing betters and I feel like all the loot is the same thing. In fact, I have more fun observing the tactics from other players in Clash.

I miss my 360. And Halo. The story has never felt more like a joke with the expansions. Particularlly WTF moment when you get to that time when you need dinklebot to hack into something during the expansions but it will remain silent, xD.

Yep, I am all burned, and yet I keep playing, even if I don't care about loot or reaching... How the heck can you keep playing this daily?
That's a hump you get over, like the level ~20 hump. Once you start getting more than one of a few things you'll start tuning builds, paying more attention to damage numbers and modifiers, and enjoying spending time with your fireteam. Need a good fireteam though. That's the key to enjoying the game - friendly competition. Without that you're just watching strangers get stuff you want 2/3 of the time and milling materials.

Got to 17 in no time from dominating PvP. Crazy how much better it is with using decent weapons and having more subclass unlocked. I feel like I lost my memory and I'm slowly gaining my power back :p

Thanks, I'll definitely check that out!

So when your warlock got deleted was all his/her equipment and weapons deleted as well?

ocean

Banned
Are there chances we will be seeing more DLC after the Taken King?
Though not perfect, the old leaked slide outlining their project for Destiny has proved to be a pretty spot-on indication of what's to come. Assuming they haven't had any radical change of plans, it outlined 2 smaller expansions (TDB/HoW style, not TK style) set to release afterwards.

and enjoying spending time with your fireteam. Need a good fireteam though. That's the key to enjoying the game

That's the problem, I guess. I feel alone in an MMO. It would have been cool if I could have done yesterday's daily with somebody before moving to another thing, but I suppose I am as much antisocial online as in IRL, and I don't check any other community apart from Gaf. I am too shy to even send a message to one of the players which added me asking if they want to do something. I'd better go back to single player offline games...

Gordon

That's the problem, I guess. I feel alone in an MMO. It would have been cool if I could have done yesterday's daily with somebody before moving to another thing, but I suppose I am as much antisocial online as in IRL, and I don't check any other community apart from Gaf. I am too shy to even send a message to one of the players which added me asking if they want to do something. I'd better go back to single player offline games...
Step 1: Look up the loot tables for raids (vogloot.com is a start) and find a goal
Step 2: Use LFG to find raid groups
Step 3: Mill through a wide variety of randoms that you kinda have to talk to at least a little and eventually find a couple you get along with over the course of a few raids
Step 4: Enjoy game

lol

Wait I thought 4am Pacific?

It'll only be 4am EST in 50 minutes.

Yeah, it says PDT but the reboot messages are already popping up...so i dunno.

Wait, a maintenance period that's not at EU primetime?!
Might finally play some Witcher 3 today.

Witcher 3 is awesome. Been playing non-stop for over 15 hours today..

Maintenance is today?? And goddammit, just after I come home from work too.

Hey can you confirm your availability timings for the weekend raid?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171280547&postcount=13001

Jinjo

Ended the night on a few more matches since I need 3 wins. Tomorrow might be the day. Then I can buy him whatever Variks is selling and get 75 marks of each pve/pvp for 2 more pieces.

Gotta get to vanguard/crucible rep rank 2 first though. :(

Better off just getting a raid carry and hoping for good armor drops.

Oh man. I feel like an idiot now. I thought it was infinite respawns at certain health levels. Ugh. We survived just fine on taking down adds. We (I) just thought we had to burn him down before he regained health during the second wave because we couldn't dps the yellow dregs in time. Otherwise he'd go back to full health and we'd have to essentially start all over. But no. Argh. I'm so annoyed at myself now.

I tried to respond earlier when Neogaf had a weird text glitch but yea.. you were very close. I recommend having a solar warlock around to generate orbs from the waves of enemies and a weapons of light bubbleboy.

ocean

Banned
Every other grind in the game is tolerable.

But grinding rep to rank 2 is asking new players to play the same content waaaaay too many times. At level 20-25ish you need Legendary armor. To get it the game wants you to run the same 6 Strikes on a loop for hours and hours. At low levels these Strikes give like 12 rep. Even at level cap like us, ranking a faction takes a few days of doing tons of bounties. For a low level player it's just crazy, totally crazy.

Nuszka

Ok, does anyone know how much hd space is required to play the base destiny game on x360, googling it gives me mixed reports.

Every other grind in the game is tolerable.

But grinding rep to rank 2 is asking new players to play the same content waaaaay too many times. At level 20-25ish you need Legendary armor. To get it the game wants you to run the same 6 Strikes on a loop for hours and hours. At low levels these Strikes give like 12 rep. Even at level cap like us, ranking a faction takes a few days of doing tons of bounties. For a low level player it's just crazy, totally crazy.

Bounties help considerably. If you do all the daily bounties, rank 2 is usually shortly after hitting XP level 20 in my experience.

In fact, bounties are the most efficient use of your time to get to XP level 20 in the first place so it does double duty.

Shito

I am a bit shy as well, and spent a looong ass time running content solo or with a few friends. I'm lucky that my girlfriend took a strong liking to the game: for months after the game was released I only played it with her, and without her I would probably have stopped playing around December or January, because yeah, this game is not too fun when playing it alone.
Then she found friends of her wishing to run VoG for the first time, then we ran CE, but it's only with HoW and the prisons that I started playing with gaffers, and the fun factor of the game skyrocketed ever since.
I would suggest you to either try joining some groups forming here on GAF, or ask for help explaining your situation. You don't even have to use the mic if you don't feel like it. I've always been a lonewolf type of player in MMOs, which made it so I've never played one more than one or two months before getting bored, but I feel like in Destiny it's easier to overcome this tendency and open up to people.

geordiemp

Most flaws the people blame the game for, I can give them a pass, but the "Rinse and repeat with more bullets" its getting to my nerves. During the House of Wolves sidestory I had to resist the urges of shutting down the console and throwing the disc through the window. Playing with randoms does not make thing betters and I feel like all the loot is the same thing. In fact, I have more fun observing the tactics from other players in Clash.

I miss my 360. And Halo. The story has never felt more like a joke with the expansions. Particularlly WTF moment when you get to that time when you need dinklebot to hack into something during the expansions but it will remain silent, xD.

Yep, I am all burned, and yet I keep playing, even if I don't care about loot or reaching... How the heck can you keep playing this daily?

my god, you still play strikes ? I only do Nightfall each week, thats it. I did the weekly this week as it only took 5 minutes with solar burn lol, but normally dont bother.

Do the bounties, do them clever so you complete multiple ones at same time, level up your vanguard and buy gear. Play crucible with bounties and level up the vendor that sells Intellect and discipline gear...buy what you need.

Then do as everyone else, raids, POE (maybe), crucible and TOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom