• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

- Remove the "position" give-away
- Reduce the range, but not by much
- Remove the "Final-Round" hidden perk
- Reduce the DoT to 4~5.

Done.

Anything more and the gun will be pre-buff level. Meaning it'll be fucking useless. It's funny how people complain about Exotics not being Exotic-tier-Godly level ... now you have an Exotic tearing shit up and people demand a nerf.
Honestly, I'd be fine if they simply undid the buff, reducing the mag size to 6, reducing the DoT, and removing the screen effect. Thorn used to be an average gun that was amazing once you got used to it and figured out how to use it, as hand cannons should be, and I really liked it(my first exotic, yay!). Now it's just a mindless "two headshots, run away" weapon that is ruining the crucible for anyone who wants to run a different set of weapons.

ocean

Banned
CE flawless is easy with a good Sword.

Now that Khepri's allows infinite invisibility doing Abyss solo doesn't even require any skill at all :p Bridge with a full team, Legit, is both easy and fun. Play the hallway safe because tracking Void farts are dangerous. Really no rush, break the bubble then go way back (maybe camp a Titan bubble) and wait for the flying trackers to fizz out, be careful not to kill yourself with a rocket and Thralls jumping at you. Death singer: take it easy. The 30 seconds of her song are plenty of time to kill her and she stops moving while she's singing. Take the time before she begins to clean up those majors with a sniper so you don't try to DPS her with a million knights in the room.

I'd be down to help if you need a body for Flawless CE. Sadly, I'm not good enough for VoG flawless. I choke the jumping ledge under pressure :(

Agreed.

SUROS reigned supreme before the nerf. However, I've seen plenty of other weapons back in the day that people used because they were pretty good. Remember that "blue" Auto-Rifle? Can't remember it's name. That thing was on par, if not better, than SUROS. Same goes for some Legendary Hand-Cannons.

Thanks to the big-nerf most of the PvP players resorted to using other weapons and found Thorn and TLW to be most fitting. The way it is now players are kinda forced to used the Thorn and TLW. They will have a hard time keeping up because, at the moment, there isn't a single weapon in the game who does damage quite like those two mentioned before.

As for a way to "fix" Thorn? The DoT (Devourer Perk) should be lowered so that you can actually manage to survive when hit two times. Also reduce the range and remove that bloody peek-a-boo digits that allow you to see where the enemy is hiding. Still, I've seen alot of people who go into PvP and, somehow, can't even handle an OP weapon like Thorn/TLW.

Eventually it all comes down to the way Bungie nerfs/buffs their weapons. If you remove Auto-Rifles completely other weapons will come out on top. Hell, I can't even recall getting killed by a Fusion Rifle or Auto-Rifle anymore. With Trials of Osiris all I get killed by it Thorn, TLW and Final Round snipers.

I agree with what you say though ...

Shingen E, I think.

kiguel182

Sunday 12PM GMT +1 (EU)
Sunday 7AM GMT -4 (US)
Sunday 9PM GMT +10 (AU)

Sunday then? I'll wait for Kurumi and stlobus to confirm but seems it's the best option.

Ofc we can take breaks for snacks, restroom etc..lol

Also we can move it up or down a couple of hours to suit everyone..

That's 13 pm London time right?

Sounds good to me and one or two hours later I'm okay with too :)

EDIT: Man, I hate timezones ahah

ocean

Banned
Oh wow really? That's lame. My heart!

If I would have known that before I started, I probably wouldn't have been able to do it. I guess I'll be doing lots and lots of PvP haha
Tons of bounties is what you need. A single "Kill ______ on Heroic" will take a few minutes and give you 100 rep - same as 4 Dragon Strikes or like a trillion lower level ones :p

From rank 0 to Rank 2 it should be like 3,400 rep. That's about 40-50 bounties (a lot of them are 50 rep). Done diligently this can be done in some days. Coupled with the highest Weekly Strike you can manage, your Warlock will rise from the ashes bro. Believe.

Gammacide

CE flawless is easy with a good Sword.

Now that Khepri's allows infinite invisibility doing Abyss solo doesn't even require any skill at all :p Bridge with a full team, Legit, is both easy and fun. Play the hallway safe because tracking Void farts are dangerous. Really no rush, break the bubble then go way back (maybe camp a Titan bubble) and wait for the flying trackers to fizz out, be careful not to kill yourself with a rocket and Thralls jumping at you. Death singer: take it easy. The 30 seconds of her song are plenty of time to kill her and she stops moving while she's singing. Take the time before she begins to clean up those majors with a sniper so you don't try to DPS her with a million knights in the room.

I'd be down to help if you need a body for Flawless CE. Sadly, I'm not good enough for VoG flawless. I choke the jumping ledge under pressure :(
Really hoping they aren't nerfing that in this maintenance. Didn't get a chance to try it as I never bothered leveling my Sting.

I think CE flawless would be easiest too. I'm ready whenever anyone else is. Ideally School of Hawk will help me get the clan trophy and boom, Guardian Lord (after I get 7 dead ghosts I forgot about. :/).

Unstable

8 hour maintenance...

WHAT IS THIS WORLD OF WARCRAFT?!
No, not yet.

Now, if they announce they're extending the maintenance by another 6 hours, it's still not quite WoW.

But if they literally wait until the very last minute to make the announcement, then and only then, it's WoW.

Haybro

And me! But don't be a wuss and do it OG style... on VoG!
I've accepted that no one will do this with me so my first plat shall have to wait :p

Haha deaf, I'd be down to give that a shot if there was a group willing.

I'm already sweating thinking about that ledge right after the jump puzzle

LiK

Correct, Veils doesn't really "drop" anywhere. It has to be purchased or RNG purchased.

Oh, so it's just a weapon from Variks shop? Guess I'll wait for it since I'm sitting on some Weapon Cores. If I knew the aim assist was so good, I would've picked it up for PVP.

Deku Tree

Oh, so it's just a weapon from Variks shop? Guess I'll wait for it since I'm sitting on some Weapon Cores. If I knew the aim assist was so good, I would've picked it up for PVP.

Variks has never sold Shadow of Veils. The only way to have gotten it so far is to buy the random judgements chance thing and RNG.

PuMa

Yeah, the AA is higher, but you really won't really notice a TON of difference. If you have a good LDR or Longbow, those are more than capable.

stlobus

Sunday 12PM GMT +1 (EU)
Sunday 7AM GMT -4 (US)
Sunday 9PM GMT +10 (AU)

Sunday then? I'll wait for Kurumi and stlobus to confirm but seems it's the best option.

Ofc we can take breaks for snacks, restroom etc..lol

Also we can move it up or down a couple of hours to suit everyone..

Confirming that this works for me. I'll be a bit groggy until my coffee kicks in, but it's unlikely it will change my comically poor performance anyways.

So yesterday I got a drop from a Clash match that left me conflicted.

I'm currently practicing using The Last Word in PvP, and I have to say when it clicks it feels by far the most powerful primary. Still a bit hard to judge distances and decide when to ADS or Hip-fire, but that thing is incredible when you use it well. If only I was a better PvP player and better at using it...

But then the last Clash match I played just dropped a NL Shadow 701X. I already have 2 to reforge and I want to get better with TLW so I wasn't very interested... Until I saw the roll it dropped.

Full Auto, Hand-laid Stock, Firefly, on a Scout Rifle with the same impact and fire rate as Deadshot Luna but with a 21 round mag.

This really seems like a perfect roll for this weapon. Perhaps for PVP Third Eye would be better, but while I like Third Eye I try to avoid using it for fear it'll make rely on it and make me worse with weapons that don't have it.

But now it's a struggle to keep using TLW when such a SR is at my disposal...

LiK

Variks has never sold Shadow of Veils. The only way to have gotten it so far is to buy the random judgements chance thing and RNG.

Oh, annoying. That means I need to farm for Armor cores again.

Yeah, the AA is higher, but you really won't really notice a TON of difference. If you have a good LDR or Longbow, those are more than capable.

I'm not the best sniper, I'll take any higher aim assist I can get!

ocean

Banned
And me! But don't be a wuss and do it OG style... on VoG!
I've accepted that no one will do this with me so my first plat shall have to wait :p
Nami's Hawkmoon-only run went nearly Flawless, I think it was only one player who had 2 deaths (at Gatekeepers and Atheon). So it definitely seems doable if you have a really solid team and the spirit of the Hawk.

PuMa

Nami's Hawkmoon-only run went nearly Flawless, I think it was only one player who had 2 deaths (at Gatekeepers and Atheon). So it definitely seems doable if you have a really solid team and the spirit of the Hawk.

I know who it was! ;-p

EDIT: Man, I hate timezones ahah

Wait until somebody changes tour timezone to be best buddies with Hitler and you have to stick with It 70 years later. I should be in the same time zone as the UK.

Today everybody arrived late to a meeting at 9:00 because they thought it was stilk 8:00 (they were working on remote machines locatedthe UK)

Daemul

The thorn bounty is definitely the most challenging and rewarding experience in Destiny in my opinion.

tumblr_myvv07At841rmin5no1_400.gif

The Thorn bounty is one of the easiest exotic bounties in the game imo, only the SGA and Invective bounties are easier to do. The Pocket Infinity bounty was a pain in the ass due to having to rely on the RNG being on your side and dropping fusion rifles for you(unless you were one of the lucky few who managed to buy them), Bad Juju had me grinding out strikes for hours(seriously, I hate strikes, so that bounty took me weeks to complete) and the less said about the HoW exotic bounties the better.

The Thorn Bounty on the other hand took me just under 2 hours to do in its entirety, it was a breeze from beginning to end.

Thorn bounty gives me nightmares. That last step was brutally difficult.

You mean Xyor? I don't know how it was back at launch, but I ran through that mission with randoms off of LFG recently and we ROFLstomped it with Ghorns. The epic modifier wasn't really a problem since we were one shotting everything.

Reading a guide on getting the thorn, the crucible part and void kills.

Not interested anymore. I'd never be able to do this.

If you have good void weapons and you know what you're doing in PvP its a breeze. Two of the void weapons I used to do it were weapons I'm comfortable using in PvP anyway(Praedyths Revenge and Truth), so I just went into the Clash playlist and did what I do a lot of in PvP, staying back and sniping. I only used my Word of Crota when someone rushed me in an attempt to take me off my sniper perch because I was decimating his team lol. It only took me 7-8 games to finish that portion of the bounty iirc.

If there's any flawless/clan raids going on if be up for it too if there's space! They're the only things I need to do for my first ever platinum >.<

Well I need to do a strike with clan members too :p

ocean

Banned
Do Rare weapons from the Gunsmith give weapon parts when dismantled?

Yeah but they're rather expensive. As Zoba kindly detailed, the best way is to get 7 wins in ToO and then grind glimmer to buy/dismantle Legendaries from Brovance for 500 glim.

EL CUCO

Yeah but they're rather expensive. As Zoba kindly detailed, the best way is to get 7 wins in ToO and then grind glimmer to buy/dismantle Legendaries from Brovance for 500 glim.
Yeah I've done the ToO weapon farm several times now. how much do the Rare weapons at the Gunsmith cost? Been so long since I did the PI bounty that I forgot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You mean Xyor? I don't know how it was back at launch, but I ran through that mission with randoms off of LFG recently and we ROFLstomped it with Ghorns. The epic modifier wasn't really a problem since we were one shotting everything.

I did it back only a few days after the game came out. It was before everyone was running around with OP guns and such (VOG wasn't even open yet). It was MUCH harder then, haha.

noomi

tumblr_myvv07At841rmin5no1_400.gif

The Thorn bounty is one of the easiest exotic bounties in the game imo, only the SGA and Invective bounties are easier to do. The Pocket Infinity bounty was a pain in the ass due to having to rely on the RNG being on your side and dropping fusion rifles for you(unless you were one of the lucky few who managed to buy them), Bad Juju had me grinding out strikes for hours(seriously, I hate strikes, so that bounty took me weeks to complete) and the less said about the HoW exotic bounties the better.

The Thorn Bounty on the other hand took me just under 2 hours to do in its entirety, it was a breeze from beginning to end.

I did the thorn bounty pretty close to when the game launched, and it took me quite a bit of effort. We didn't have the same weapons, armor or character level we do now so it was a bit more challenging... for me at least. As for it being rewarding, well i really feel it was... mixed in pvp and a new story mission, it seemed pretty interesting at the time.

Bad juju was kind of a pain due to all the strikes though :p

EL CUCO

Xyor bounty for Thorn was a serious pain in the ass back in the day. I imagine it's MUCH easier now.

Top page Thorn:
pdYVCkn.jpg

PuMa

I did the thorn bounty pretty close to when the game launched, and it took me quite a bit of effort. We didn't have the same weapons, armor or character level we do now so it was a bit more challenging... for me at least. As for it being rewarding, well i really feel it was... mixed in pvp and a new story mission, it seemed pretty interesting at the time.

Bad juju was kind of a pain due to all the strikes though :p

Oh man, I remember just endlessly doing Nexus strike over and over again for that Bad Juju bounty.

Tons of bounties is what you need. A single "Kill ______ on Heroic" will take a few minutes and give you 100 rep - same as 4 Dragon Strikes or like a trillion lower level ones :p

From rank 0 to Rank 2 it should be like 3,400 rep. That's about 40-50 bounties (a lot of them are 50 rep). Done diligently this can be done in some days. Coupled with the highest Weekly Strike you can manage, your Warlock will rise from the ashes bro. Believe.

Slowly but surely, I suppose. Maybe I can tell Nghtly my story and he can carry me like he did the other guy a couple weeks ago :p
I don't even care if he takes me to Mercury, just whatever piece brovance is selling. Well I guess the 8 win can also give another piece of gear but as usual, I'll take anything I can get.

I can also ask our incredible PvPers if they're willing to attempt Trials with my Warlock to try to get a 5+ win card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom