• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xyor bounty for Thorn was a serious pain in the ass back in the day. I imagine it's MUCH easier now.

Hahaha I remember that way. Even before the Thorn buffs. My friend and I could not 2-man it and it was super frustrating.

But that goes along with the entire story missions. Just having 1 person with a ghorn and L34 can absolutely demolish the whole thing. So good.

OkayRene

Slowly but surely, I suppose. Maybe I can tell Nghtly my story and he can carry me like he did the other guy a couple weeks ago :p
I don't even care if he takes me to Mercury, just whatever piece brovance is selling. Well I guess the 8 win can also give another piece of gear but as usual, I'll take anything I can get.

I can also ask our incredible PvPers if they're willing to attempt Trials with my Warlock to try to get a 5+ win card.

I keep missing you online, I too am leveling up a Warlock. Went from 6 to 15 last night. Hoping to get to Level 20 tonight.

It's been kinda painful, leveling up through Crucible is definitely faster than running the stories, but playing Crucible with white weapons feels pathetic. Haha.

Kal_El

Is anyone else hoarding packages in anticipation for TTK? On my main Warlock I have like 7 packages at the postmaster and on the other 2 toons. I have about 3 each. Is there a point in me doing this because I'm sure the packages aren't pre-rolled like cryptarch packages. Please correct me if i'm wrong so that I can just grab them.

I keep missing you online, I too am leveling up a Warlock. Went from 6 to 15 last night. Hoping to get to Level 20 tonight.

It's been kinda painful, leveling up through Crucible is definitely faster than running the stories, but playing Crucible with white weapons feels pathetic. Haha.

Ahh man, yea hopefully I catch ya online. We can finish the
grind
fight! It is pretty bad, but what I've been finding interesting is unlocking the subclasses and finding decent green weapons! It's almost like a superhero losing all of their abilities and 1 by 1, getting them back. At least that's how I like to think of it hahaha

And yes, I used PvP to get a few levels over than Hard Mode story, then ran through Hard Mode with the help of Lnkn who used his OP Level 34 and we annihilated the Moon and Venus! And by we I mean him haha. Rotating PvP and Hard Mode story seems like the way to go.

ocean

Banned
Is anyone else hoarding packages in anticipation for TTK? On my main Warlock I have like 7 packages at the postmaster and on the other 2 toons. I have about 3 each. Is there a point in me doing this because I'm sure the packages aren't pre-rolled like cryptarch packages. Please correct me if i'm wrong so that I can just grab them.
Just grab them. Not worth hoarding. The only packages sort of maybe worth hoarding are the ones you get from the first Public Event you do on each character. They're worth plenty of XP.

Stock up on those so you can open them up with TTK and just unload tons of XP at the new subclasses.

Kyoufu

Pointless as they won't contain anything new I don't think.

Deku Tree

If your good at PvP and you like PvP then most of the exotic bounties are trivial.

If you are primarily a PvE player and you never play PvP but you want to do the exotic bounties then many of them can be a hugely difficult chore that takes forever.

This difference determines which side of the "Thorn bounty is easy/hard" debate you are on too.

Shito

If there's a NM CE flawless running at a time I am home, I am game for that!
The only part of the raid where I'm not too confident would be the thralls hallway, but I suppose that taking the first shrieker down, waiting for it to dissolve before taking down the second one with a blessing of light would secure the run quite easily.
I'm not the best one at killing a lot of enemies, but I'm great at survivability -- now that I've said that I will probably be the first one to die under the pressure, though, haha.

If your good at PvP and you like PvP then most of the exotic bounties are trivial.

If you are primarily a PvE player and you never play PvP but you want to do the exotic bounties then many of them can be a hugely difficult chore that takes forever.

This difference determines which side of the "Thorn bounty is easy/hard" debate you are on too.

I thought the Thorn bounty wasn't that hard, except for the strike, which was a proverbial pain in the ass.

EL CUCO

Hahaha I remember that way. Even before the Thorn buffs. My friend and I could not 2-man it and it was super frustrating.

But that goes along with the entire story missions. Just having 1 person with a ghorn and L34 can absolutely demolish the whole thing. So good.
Lol yeah. We had 3 and all I remember was running around the arena like a chicken with no head reviving each other. We had no Ghorns, I think we were 28-29's at the time, didn't know we could go back to Shrieker room.

Crazy stuff. The good thing was we didn't have to touch Phogoth at all. Now the waves of adds are tied to his health.

deafmedal

Haha deaf, I'd be down to give that a shot if there was a group willing.

I'm already sweating thinking about that ledge right after the jump puzzle
Ah, the good ole ledge! I fuck it up ~every 10 tries heh! I've been doing the puzzle itself legit for a good while now, the other night I wiped to show someone the way... and missed the first platform lol! Gotta be careful on the first jump before Templar's Well when playing as a warlock, I like to fuck that jump up too :p

Nami's Hawkmoon-only run went nearly Flawless, I think it was only one player who had 2 deaths (at Gatekeepers and Atheon). So it definitely seems doable if you have a really solid team and the spirit of the Hawk.
Tried for a bit to get a group together but it ain't easy, what with CE and all :(

So yesterday I got a drop from a Clash match that left me conflicted.

I'm currently practicing using The Last Word in PvP, and I have to say when it clicks it feels by far the most powerful primary. Still a bit hard to judge distances and decide when to ADS or Hip-fire, but that thing is incredible when you use it well. If only I was a better PvP player and better at using it...

But then the last Clash match I played just dropped a NL Shadow 701X. I already have 2 to reforge and I want to get better with TLW so I wasn't very interested... Until I saw the roll it dropped.

Full Auto, Hand-laid Stock, Firefly, on a Scout Rifle with the same impact and fire rate as Deadshot Luna but with a 21 round mag.

This really seems like a perfect roll for this weapon. Perhaps for PVP Third Eye would be better, but while I like Third Eye I try to avoid using it for fear it'll make rely on it and make me worse with weapons that don't have it.

But now it's a struggle to keep using TLW when such a SR is at my disposal...
Nice roll, I've taken a liking recently to Scouts in PvP thanks to Mida, got a Luna to drop with auto, explosive rounds and 3rd eye and it's fun to use. Sure, I get bested by the trinity but it's fun just unloading a mag and watching the explosions lol! I bet it makes people mad when they get killed by it hehe!

Tried to reroll a Shadow but my stocks are running low, gonna have to try for rank 7 in ToO for parts and need to get moar raids in for the shards and energies for motes- I've blown through sooo many in my reforging and exotic engram exploits. Can't complain, I've got all the exotics save Bones and several good shotties, fusions, RLs, snipers and a couple BRTDs with great rolls.

Xyor bounty for Thorn was a serious pain in the ass back in the day. I imagine it's MUCH easier now.

Top page Thorn:
pdYVCkn.jpg

Love this fucking gun.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Actually been using Bad Juju in PvP lately. It's RoF is so high that health bars just melt as soon as I start firing. Actually got a couple of hate mails saying to "stop using that shitty gun". Hell no. lol Also, can't login to Destiny on PS4. Is it maintenance or something?

Shito

Actually been using Bad Juju in PvP lately. It's RoF is so high that health bars just melt as soon as I start firing. Actually got a couple of hate mails saying to "stop using that shitty gun". Hell no. lol Also, can't login to Destiny on PS4. Is it maintenance or something?
Yep, still about 4h30 of maintenance left if I'm correct.

OkayRene

Ahh man, yea hopefully I catch ya online. We can finish the
grind
fight! It is pretty bad, but what I've been finding interesting is unlocking the subclasses and finding decent green weapons! It's almost like a superhero losing all of their abilities and 1 by 1, getting them back. At least that's how I like to think of it hahaha

And yes, I used PvP to get a few levels over than Hard Mode story, then ran through Hard Mode with the help of Lnkn who used his OP Level 34 and we annihilated the Moon and Venus! And by we I mean him haha. Rotating PvP and Hard Mode story seems like the way to go.

That sounds like some Peter Petrelli-ish, lol

Yeah I just alternated as I got bored with an activity. I still haven't cleared the Moon. :-/

geordiemp

Destiny GAF, what is the best set up for The last word ?

I assume everybody uses aggressive ballistics and perfect balance....

But that knocks of -25 from the range of TLW.....which is quite allot and does not show in the stats....

Would TLW be better with soft ballistics and no perfect balance ?

noomi

But that knocks of -25 from the range of TLW.....which is quite allot and does not show in the stats....

Nope, aggressive and balance all the way. Even with lower range it's still pretty crazy.

That is some damn good tastes there.
I should take the time to replay that game, one day, only completed it at release and never again. I keep some very fond memories of its atmosphere...

I can't even remember why I dropped it years ago when it was getting really good. This is reminding me of Ragnarok online, when I would only play Metroid Prime during Downtime of the server.

But going back to Destiny... I need to start preparing a mixtape on a pendrive. I'm not sure if Spotify can be used on the background, but I don't want to risk having lag during gameplay because of that. It's not that I have an amazing ISP, but I don't usually have a lot of lag.

4492532625.png

(Actually, that's more speed than I should have after requesting a downgrade)

deafmedal

I would do a VoG flawless run, so definitely keep me in mind if you can get some more interest.

Will do, but that's a big if heh :) Finding people for full raids has been proving tricky- not sure what the draw is for checkpoints as most of us should have damn near everything and enough exotic shards to upgrade everything twice over. Sure, I'd like another FB and maybe 2 more Fangs, and 2 FVs and maybe 2 more BHs but vault space is (too much) an issue. I'd already have that FB and the BHs and FVs were it not for the space limitations- I've sharded multiples of all. Even sharded multiple Foils.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I can't even remember why I dropped it years ago when it was getting really good. This is reminding me of Ragnarok online, when I would only play Metroid Prime during Downtime of the server.

But going back to Destiny... I need to start preparing a mixtape on a pendrive. I'm not sure if Spotify can be used on the background, but I don't want to risk having lag during gameplay because of that. It's not that I have an amazing ISP, but I don't usually have a lot of lag.

4492532625.png

Spotify works perfectly well in the background, my internets are generally right around yours and I've never had any problems with it. And I am SUPER lag sensitive.

ocean

Banned

Aggressive and Perfect Balance. If you don't use automatic fire the range on that thing is surprising regardless.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
VoG tonight, 2 spots left.

Thursday, 7/9/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

OkayRene

4492532625.png

Spotify works fine in the background with a playlist, but if you want to switch songs on the fly, you're going to want a computer or phone next to you to do it.

Ah, the good ole ledge! I fuck it up ~every 10 tries heh! I've been doing the puzzle itself legit for a good while now, the other night I wiped to show someone the way... and missed the first platform lol! Gotta be careful on the first jump before Templar's Well when playing as a warlock, I like to fuck that jump up too :p

Tried for a bit to get a group together but it ain't easy, what with CE and all :(

Nice roll, I've taken a liking recently to Scouts in PvP thanks to Mida, got a Luna to drop with auto, explosive rounds and 3rd eye and it's fun to use. Sure, I get bested by the trinity but it's fun just unloading a mag and watching the explosions lol! I bet it makes people mad when they get killed by it hehe!

Tried to reroll a Shadow but my stocks are running low, gonna have to try for rank 7 in ToO for parts and need to get moar raids in for the shards and energies for motes- I've blown through sooo many in my reforging and exotic engram exploits. Can't complain, I've got all the exotics save Bones and several good shotties, fusions, RLs, snipers and a couple BRTDs with great rolls.

If it wasn't for the jumps I'd like to try a flawless VoG. But the chances I'll die from a jump are just way too high for me to put other people through that pain and frustration.

I have a Deadshot with Full Auto and Firefly from a reforge, but due to Braced Frame it only has 13 rounds per clip. Still, very fun weapon. And yeah, after reforging a Matador and a Her Benevolence I became broke. Motes are easy enough to get, but weapon parts are the problem, Reforging just goes through them like a lightsaber through butter. That's why I have 2 NL Shadows I hadn't even tried to reforge. We really need a way to buy weapon parts.

When that TLW clicks though... it's amazing. Gotta keep practicing.

yup.

i've had thorn bounty on my titan for about six months now. back to zero.

Kal_El

Pointless as they won't contain anything new I don't think.

I'm pretty sure with HoW I did the same thing and the packages had new stuff in them. I'm almost positive but I can't remember.

Nevermind I remember what I did. Just have each faction within 1 bounty to turn in and once you turn it in get a new package after TTK.

kiguel182

Wait until somebody changes tour timezone to be best buddies with Hitler and you have to stick with It 70 years later. I should be in the same time zone as the UK.

Today everybody arrived late to a meeting at 9:00 because they thought it was stilk 8:00 (they were working on remote machines locatedthe UK)

Are you from Spain?

I'm from Portugal here ahah

I guess it's cool I can say London time and people will get.

Anyway, 11 am on Sunday it is. Unless I miscalculated and in that case I apologise in advance.

deafmedal

hey Hawk, if you ever do a Hard Crota raid for n00bs, I would be interested

I have zero elemental primaries to date hehe

Holy hell, no VoC, FB etc?! Crazy talk! Join up with a group when they post here, just let them know you are inexperienced... that said, I'd like to run both raids on hard from the start later today so maybe we could get a group set up...

If it wasn't for the jumps I'd like to try a flawless VoG. But the chances I'll die from a jump are just way too high for me to put other people through that pain and frustration.

I have a Deadshot with Full Auto and Firefly from a reforge, but due to Braced Frame it only has 13 rounds per clip. Still, very fun weapon. And yeah, after reforging a Matador and a Her Benevolence I became broke. Motes are easy enough to get, but weapon parts are the problem, Reforging just goes through them like a lightsaber through butter. That's why I have 2 NL Shadows I hadn't even tried to reforge. We really need a way to buy weapon parts.

When that TLW clicks though... it's amazing. Gotta keep practicing.
I would actually love the rush I know that part of the raid would bring- like doing Oracles with 2/3 standing, soo good lol!

I've been bouncing around between Red Death, HM, Mida, TLW, and for the first time yesterday, Thorn. I'm most comfortable with HM but Thorn really is ridiculous. I like using them all, tbh, but something about Mida and a fusion feels so satisfying to me.

On buying weapon parts, I'd like to see more robust inventories all the way around. Speaker conversion is awesome but I'd like more. Dude is pretty worthless so being a conversion vendor works well, we just need more options. Why are energies worth less than shards when drop rates/usage are similar? Give me something to do with Exotic shards, maybe a thousand glim-glams or something.

And give us armor reforging dammit!

Back from vacation! YAY!

So sick of the beach and drinking and girls.

Trying to play some VIDEYAGAMES!!

Sick of girls? I don't think such thing is possible.

Yeah man, we should. Are you going to be at that time? 4PM (3hrs and 40min from this post)

I'd be interested in knowing this as well, I've dismantled so many of these already....

What is this exactly? Flawless raid?

Edit: Oh. PoE. Nevermind. :) Probably gonna play some crucible to work on that Grimoire.

bitsurugi

Yeah man, we should. Are you going to be at that time? 4PM (3hrs and 40min from this post)

I'd be interested in knowing this as well, I've dismantled so many of these already....

Yeah, timing is perfect for me. Hopefully servers will be up by then :)

Can run also poe35, kinda sux this week, but did it already,2 weeks ago, so nothing new.

cakely

We tried that for House of Wolves ... a buddy and I each left about a dozen packages in the mail.... crucible, vanguard, and cryptarch.

On launch day they all contained The Dark Below gear. I assume that The Taken King launch will work the same way.

Kyoufu

No, not yet.

Now, if they announce they're extending the maintenance by another 6 hours, it's still not quite WoW.

But if they literally wait until the very last minute to make the announcement, then and only then, it's WoW.

I had forgotten all about Blizzard's last minute maintenance extensions until now. Those were fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom