• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy hell, no VoC, FB etc?! Crazy talk! Join up with a group when they post here, just let them know you are inexperienced... that said, I'd like to run both raids on hard from the start later today so maybe we could get a group set up...

I would actually love the rush I know that part of the raid would bring- like doing Oracles with 2/3 standing, soo good lol!

I've been bouncing around between Red Death, HM, Mida, TLW, and for the first time yesterday, Thorn. I'm most comfortable with HM but Thorn really is ridiculous. I like using them all, tbh, but something about Mida and a fusion feels so satisfying to me.

On buying weapon parts, I'd like to see more robust inventories all the way around. Speaker conversion is awesome but I'd like more. Dude is pretty worthless so being a conversion vendor works well, we just need more options. Why are energies worth less than shards when drop rates/usage are similar? Give me something to do with Exotic shards, maybe a thousand glim-glams or something.

And give us armor reforging dammit!
I'm available at night eastern time, after work :p
Oversoul Edict and Fate Bringer are the ones that I really want hehe

noomi

Yeah, timing is perfect for me. Hopefully servers will be up by then :)

Can run also poe35, kinda sux this week, but did it already,2 weeks ago, so nothing new.

Cool, I'm down for this. I'll do a level 35PoE as well if you guys want, I can bring my titan so it'll be even easier :D

Edit: Oh. PoE. Nevermind. :) Probably gonna play some crucible to work on that Grimoire.

Yup PoE, I might join you for some crucible tonight after all that. Want to get that ash factory!

As close as possible. Does anyone have a hard death singer or crota checkpoint because Noomi is a poop?

EDIT: Fake top of page! Buy my book!

Cool, I'll be on.

SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAP A CHECK POINT

Clunker

If your good at PvP and you like PvP then most of the exotic bounties are trivial.

If you are primarily a PvE player and you never play PvP but you want to do the exotic bounties then many of them can be a hugely difficult chore that takes forever.

This difference determines which side of the "Thorn bounty is easy/hard" debate you are on too.
Real talk: The Thorn bounty made me a better PvP player. I was always pretty decent (and I swear the player demographics must be way different on PS3 than on anywhere else because I am NOT a great FPS player by any means but I tend to wreck shop in Crucible), but not running in and Quake-II-ing my way around the map forced me to get better with positioning, actually use shotguns right (I'm a hunter so void options were limited), and just stop dying overall!

I was so excited with actually finishing the bounty that I then rolled into Iron Banner (not using the Thorn though, sticking to Red Death) and managed to squeak my way to Rank 5 the last day. Even managed that 10-kill Iron Wrath bounty on my final game, when up until that point I'd only ever gotten a 10-kill streak maybe twice in my entire Destiny experience. Used that last Etheric Light to get to 34 and I felt like a golden god.

I don't see a lot of PS3 players around this OT, but if anyone would like someone to raid or PoE with, hit me up (PSN is Lunkermesh). Now that summer's here I have time to actually play. :) I'm not super-pro (fuck, this week's PoE 32 with Qudron had me banging my head against a wall for goddamned three hours with a PUG from the100), but willing to try!

kiguel182

Funny how reading the Thorn bounty the one that seems harder is the last one on the Summoning Pits because of the no matchmaking and just the overall boss. Seems like a pain in the ass.

Zocano

I see this all the time but christ stop suggesting to make the thorn just another damn hand cannon. Don't nerf the dot, buff it and make it last super long. Then, cut the bullet damage by half or more so you basically just become a dot machine and be the ultimate suppressor. Might actually make it useful in PvE too, I dunno. Been wanting to sound the horn at Reddit on a throwaway account or something cause we're just gonna get a samey fucking hand cannon that we don't need any more of. Make exotics weird and different.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I don't understand why people suggest reducing Thorn's magazine size. Do you want final round to proc more often? Just make it take longer to reload and reduce the burn damage so that 2 shots won't kill you.

Are you from Spain?

I'm from Portugal here ahah

I guess it's cool I can say London time and people will get.

Anyway, 11 am on Sunday it is. Unless I miscalculated and in that case I apologise in advance.

Yep. Not exactly proud, but glad to see somebody in a similar timezone.

Well, if we are doing it on Sunday, I just need to move house cleaning to saturday. Last two weekends I was on hold during the whole saturday hoping a group would assemble. One time I was a bit too late and there were too many newbies already, and the other... shit happened.

Namikaze1

Because I was bored, I did this:
fEEVEjX.gif

deafmedal

I'm available at night eastern time, after work :p
Oversoul Edict and Fate Bringer are the ones that I really want hehe

Cool, let's try and set it up (unless a flawless VoG crops up, I can't miss that shit lol) for later this evening! Not sure if you are on my FL, add me if not :)

Don't underestimate VoC, I have 3 fully ascended- best purple utility gun in the game, IMO.

So, anyone wanna run VoG flawless later, would need 4...
And/Or a full run of both HM VoG and CE, also would need 4...

Theorry

I don't understand why people suggest reducing Thorn's magazine size. Do you want final round to proc more often? Just make it take longer to reload and reduce the burn damage so that 2 shots won't kill you.

Dont forget the range. Its way to high for a handcannon. Its at scout rifle range now.

kiguel182

Yep. Not exactly proud, but glad to see somebody in a similar timezone.

Well, if we are doing it on Sunday, I just need to move house cleaning to saturday. Last two weekends I was on hold during the whole saturday hoping a group would assemble. One time I was a bit too late and there were too many newbies already, and the other... shit happened.

Apparently GMT+1 is 12 PM to me so I guess 13 for you.

GMT doesn't account for daylight savings time I just discovered.

Because I was bored, I did this:
fEEVEjX.gif

More like...

Atheon, forever DA BESS.
Crota, glitched motherfucker.
Skolas, the one nobody gives a crap about anymore.

Right?

What about "Lord of Necrochasm"

Bringer of Hawkmoons!

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/grizz-girls/2014-15

i'm not at liberty to name names or anything but...

i now know one of the girls on here

thank god for bay county, fl.

Ban this man right now! Somebody get Ghaleon here. lol

Karl2177

I see this all the time but christ stop suggesting to make the thorn just another damn hand cannon. Don't nerf the dot, buff it and make it last super long. Then, cut the bullet damage by half or more so you basically just become a dot machine and be the ultimate suppressor. Might actually make it useful in PvE too, I dunno. Been wanting to sound the horn at Reddit on a throwaway account or something cause we're just gonna get a samey fucking hand cannon that we don't need any more of. Make exotics weird and different.
Yeah. My only real concern with the dot is the moments when you are doomed to die. To me having the dot able to kill takes away nuances of the gunplay. It becomes a shoot and forget type of weapon and generally speaking, it's not as rewarding as other weapons. If I were in charge of weapon balancing, I would decrease the impact, increase the dot, but the dot can only take a player down to 1 hp. The kill must come from impact.

phen0m24

Looks around to see if Tyler is here and will yell at me again

It needs a counter. Because there isn't much of a rock paper scissors element to it. It is all of those. I kind of like the idea of the class item that grants DoT immunity or at least lessens its duration.

deafmedal

More like...

Atheon, forever DA BESS.
Crota, glitched motherfucker.
Skolas, the one nobody gives a crap about anymore.

Right?
Right! Horrible GIF, such a let down after the last one- sharp knees, 0/10 would not bang.
no *RITUAL OF NEGATION!*
Shit, I'd rather see that dude who pops out of the wall on Cosmodrome then lame-ass Skoalas, Bear of Bears.

ocean

Banned
You're suggesting a gun that lets me track you for an even longer time, and makes players lose their revive shields - making them vulnerable to grenade spam for even longer. This weapon would reward players even more than it already does for blindly spamming body shots at hyper distant targets.

I don't know man. Simply making accuracy at sniper range a little less crazy + reducing total damage from a double tap to 197 (survivable by any class if they have full armor) would make it a solid but not ridiculous weapon. Requiring a third shot to kill would bring its TTK in line with other top tier weapons at the ~.6s range.

So I did Kaliks Prime for the first time last night in PoE 34. I jumped on with some GAFers and we cruised right to the boss. We managed to take him down on only our second try.

Does the boss always regen health if you don't take out the dregs? Do the dregs stop spawning after the captain comes and tries to reach the point? I just wanted some clarification for when I run it with my other toons tonight.

kiguel182

Is the only way to have Thorn to do that bounty and that bounty is randomly given?

Man, I'll never have it will I?

Or when I do it will be "fixed" and it will not be the same.

Zocano

You're suggesting a gun that lets me track you for an even longer time, and makes players lose their revive shields - making them vulnerable to grenade spam for even longer. This weapon would reward players even more than it already does for blindly spamming body shots at hyper distant targets.

Yes, I am suggesting this exactly. It'll change a way to use the gun and it won't be strong enough to kill outright from far distances. A suppressive dot weapon is exactly "exotic" enough as it should be.

phen0m24

We might get patch notes and a weekly update on the same day? Bestill my beating heart.

What if they dropped another quality of life patch before TTK.. that would be awesome

Bigger vault
LFG options in game
Take bounties in orbit
buy from vendor in orbit
gunsmith in each tower

What if they dropped another quality of life patch before TTK.. that would be awesome

Bigger vault
LFG options in game
Take bounties in orbit
buy from vendor in orbit
gunsmith in each tower

#1 would be Lock character / more secure. And if deleting a character that has Locked items, to not allow the user to delete the character until they either move those items to the vault or unlock them. #1 #1 #1

Bigger Vault and Take Bounties via phone app/bnet would be my #2, easily.

The rest would be #3 for me.

McArkus

Cool, let's try and set it up (unless a flawless VoG crops up, I can't miss that shit lol) for later this evening! Not sure if you are on my FL, add me if not :)

Don't underestimate VoC, I have 3 fully ascended- best purple utility gun in the game, IMO.

So, anyone wanna run VoG flawless later, would need 4...
And/Or a full run of both HM VoG and CE, also would need 4...

I would like to run a VoG flawless, but I'm avaliable until 9 pm Central time.

Mindlog

We agree on pretty much everything balance related.
Thorn is supposed to be a strong PvP weapon. It was fine with 6 shots. Then they tried to make it a PvE weapon and created a very strong PvP weapon that's still not great at PvE. I fear a hard PvP nerf will just make it irrelevant.

Fix Gjallarhorn please.
Pointless as they won't contain anything new I don't think.
Actually very useful. If your factions are on edge but not over that means more postmaster vault space. Between faction packages and ~20 Public event packages you'll have a lot of XP in your pocket to max the new subclasses.

I'm 50/50 on sticking with Destiny through Taken King. The pricing is stupid, but few other games appeal to me the same way a Day 1 Raid does.

Deku Tree

Bigger vault
LFG options in game
Take bounties in orbit
buy from vendor in orbit
gunsmith in each tower

They are most certainly going to be updating the game before TTK. Deej said as much in a recent weekly update. There will be QoL stuff and Weapons Balancing stuff... no promise of a Vault upgrade though... also going by past experience it makes the most sense for them to push these updates later on closer to the launch of TTK in early September.

ocean

Banned

Bigger vault
LFG options in game
Take bounties in orbit
buy from vendor in orbit
gunsmith in each tower

We might get patch notes and a weekly update on the same day? Bestill my beating heart.
Lol.

Last week _______ of you became legend opening chests on patrol. Look at this beautiful MotW that didn't make the cut for the big video but we feature now.

We want to celebrate you. Destiny is improving. We are listening. We want to show you what we want to do with weapon balancing, the economy, bug fixes, difficulty tuning, cosmetic options and everything TTK will bring. But not today.

Stay tuned.

123rl

I've only finished Crota a few times but I got Fang Of Ir Yut last night. It looks like I'll keep it but is it worth using an Etheric to upgrade it? Is it going to offer much over something like a Gheleon's Demise with full auto and precision damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom