• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Oh man forgot that today is trials day, was out in sun all day sun bathing (brown people like it too ya know !).

So who among the people I usuall yplay with is around for Trials ? Zocano? Silver? Gunawi? Any SoM?

Edit: Oh wait it's tomorrow...bleh !

SonComet

They are most certainly going to be updating the game before TTK. Deej said as much in a recent weekly update. There will be QoL stuff and Weapons Balancing stuff... no promise of a Vault upgrade though... also going by past experience it makes the most sense for them to push these updates later on closer to the launch of TTK in early September.
I hope they do some serious weapon balancing before then or they are going to lose a lot of players.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've only finished Crota a few times but I got Fang Of Ir Yut last night. It looks like I'll keep it but is it worth using an Etheric to upgrade it? Is it going to offer much over something like a Gheleon's Demise with full auto and precision damage?
The advantage of the raid weapons is that they deal elemental damage, which is used for burns.

Shito

I've only finished Crota a few times but I got Fang Of Ir Yut last night. It looks like I'll keep it but is it worth using an Etheric to upgrade it? Is it going to offer much over something like a Gheleon's Demise with full auto and precision damage?
If you are not swimming in etheric lights, it might be best to wait a bit to get more / get a better raid primary, like VoC or FB.
Fang is good, but it's not *that* good to be ascended at all cost.

The advantage of the raid weapons is that they deal elemental damage, which is used for burns.
Yep, and during burns the difference between a 331 and 365 attack weapon is way thinner than without a burn.

phen0m24

lol, why do you guys torture yourselves?

Hey they did it once before, the app came out of left field

#1 would be Lock character / more secure. And if deleting a character that has Locked items, to not allow the user to delete the character until they either move those items to the vault or unlock them. #1 #1 #1

Bigger Vault and Take Bounties via phone app/bnet would be my #2, easily.

The rest would be #3 for me.

I heard they are going to make deleting characters easier. JK! :)
Too soon?

They are most certainly going to be updating the game before TTK. Deej said as much in a recent weekly update. There will be QoL stuff and Weapons Balancing stuff... no promise of a Vault upgrade though... also going by past experience it makes the most sense for them to push these updates later on closer to the launch of TTK in early September.

See the hype will be building up closer to Sep based on preorders and the new console. I think they should give us something now, in the doldrums, to keep us around through the "I don't want to play PoE anymore and I already grabbed my last 2 golden chests so who cares" downtime.

Lol.

Last week _______ of you became legend opening chests on patrol. Look at this beautiful MotW that didn't make the cut for the big video but we feature now.

We want to celebrate you. Destiny is improving. We are listening. We want to show you what we want to do with weapon balancing, the economy, bug fixes, difficulty tuning, cosmetic options and everything TTK will bring. But not today.

Stay tuned.

This is what we'll ultimately get.

123rl

Thanks. I do have a 365 Fatebringer and a Word Of Crota. I've played VoG on hard once and I got a Fatebringer! :D fatebringer is my default weapon across each character now

I normally do a 34 PoE every week so I do have some Etheric Lights, but not many. I'll level it up and see how it goes. I was just wondering if it's merely a good gun or I was unknowingly sitting on an amazing gun

bitsurugi

Oh man forgot that today is trials day, was out in sun all day sun bathing (brown people like it too ya know !).

So who among the people I usuall yplay with is around for Trials ? Zocano? Silver? Gunawi? Any SoM?

Edit: Oh wait it's tomorrow...bleh !

Hahaha, lolled irl man! ^^

noomi

Today is weekly update day.... so possibly a small thing or two about TTK new and what's coming our way....

Off topic but Customer demos are stressful. Especially when your worthless teammate that does nothing but talk the talk gets equal credit when you do all the work and bust your ass.

Anyways, I'll be home in 4 hours. Level 20 will be mine once again.

phen0m24

Here's the joke version of the previous gif:

au2692J.gif

Dude.

Dude!

Dude?

Namathustra how did you not include:

LUKE SMITH. WEARER OF HATS. ?????
grave oversight my man

Shito

Thanks. I do have a 365 Fatebringer and a Word Of Crota. I've played VoG on hard once and I got a Fatebringer! :D fatebringer is my default weapon across each character now

I normally do a 34 PoE every week so I do have some Etheric Lights, but not many. I'll level it up and see how it goes. I was just wondering if it's merely a good gun or I was unknowingly sitting on an amazing gun
It's a good gun but you already have the best arc primary. :)
It's a very solid scout rifle if you like those, but VoC is better than it because of full auto / solar.

ocean

Banned
This is why SGA is the most fun weapon you can bring to VoG:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tsVDofzGslk

Screw Ghallarhorn. Use a Sniper on Atheon/Templar and SGA on Oracles and Detains.

Fits the lore so well, this is exactly what a paranoid person would want to feel safe after the horror. Something you can shot keep shooting until something to shoot at actually appears.

Owensboro

Holy hell, no VoC, FB etc?! Crazy talk! Join up with a group when they post here, just let them know you are inexperienced... that said, I'd like to run both raids on hard from the start later today so maybe we could get a group set up...

Hey, let me know when the Heroic Crota goes down. I absolutely want in on that!

PSN: OwensboroEsq.

Btw, rocket league is helluva fun!

Sleeper hit and free on PS+ right now! Get it DGAF!

Just added it to my download queue. That game looks fun as hell.

Hey they did it once before, the app came out of left field

I heard they are going to make deleting characters easier. JK! :)
Too soon?

See the hype will be building up closer to Sep based on preorders and the new console. I think they should give us something now, in the doldrums, to keep us around through the "I don't want to play PoE anymore and I already grabbed my last 2 golden chests so who cares" downtime.

This is what we'll ultimately get.

Hahaha no I mean I'll never be fully over it
That is maybe until I get back to L34 with my full gear sets and what not
, but posting and talking about it and GAF's support including people that are banned/lurkers/etc. And staying positive and dealing with it right away has been helping a ton. I couldn't be going through it if it weren't for DGAF. DGAF is the best.

Plus Reddit and Bungie forums, most people gave me so much crap on day 1 that hurt so I kind of got that over with. I wasn't expecting consoling but people that literally get a joy from that kind of thing is upsetting. Glad I'm not a person that gets joy out of other people's misery.

Screw Ghallarhorn. Use a Sniper on Atheon/Templar and SGA on Oracles and Detains.

Fits the lore so well, this is exactly what a paranoid person would want to feel safe after the horror. Something you can shot keep shooting until something to shoot at actually appears.

My "Go To" combo on VoG:

Fatebringer/Atheon's Epilogue (just for Atheon)
Found Veredict/Black hammer (just for Atheon)
Gjallarhorn/Corrective Measure (just for Atheon)

I use my SGA for Qodron tho.

SkylineRKR

I don't bother with Fang. I use FB for anything Arc burn related. Wish I had VoC, I think I am the only one in the world who doesn't have it after 50+ clears.

Yeah I should upgrade this finally. Have 2 bounties waiting for Xur. They were usually my shard income but I've nothing left to upgrade anyway.

Shito

I don't bother with Fang. I use FB for anything Arc burn related. Wish I had VoC, I think I am the only one in the world who doesn't have it after 50+ clears.
I got VoC on my second Atheon kill, and FB on my second HM Templar kill.
My elusive drops seem to be helmets...

SkylineRKR

I got VoC on my second Atheon kill, and FB on my second HM Templar kill.
My elusive drops seem to be helmets...

Helmets? Try like 12 of them. At some point I became so desperate, that I urged my team to only play Normal as I was about to hit 10 Vex Mythoclasts. Which they wouldn't do.

Have to admit I haven't played VoG for a long time though, I heard drop rates were somewhat adjusted.

LTWood12

So seriously, what happened to Bastion, First Light, & Skyshock? Were they completely removed from the game? Haven't played any of these maps since the first couple of months.

PuMa

So seriously, what happened to Bastion, First Light, & Skyshock? Were they completely removed from the game? Haven't played any of these maps since the first couple of months.

People bitched so Bungie took them out. I think they're only in the Combined Arms rotation or something. Kinda sucks, I didn't mind those maps.

Arrrammis

They split them in to a separate playlist called combined arms. I wish they would have them in the normal control playlist, they were mostly balanced compared to others and offered more variety.

LTWood12

Combined Arms only.

People bitched so Bungie took them out. I think they're only in the Combined Arms rotation or something. Kinda sucks, I didn't mind those maps.

For real? I never hear anyone talk about playing that mode. Wish they'd put them back in. I thought they were fun. At least different.

edit: I'm pretty sure I've never actually even played Skyshock. Would check my grimoire but bnet is down.

phen0m24

Yeah I should upgrade this finally. Have 2 bounties waiting for Xur. They were usually my shard income but I've nothing left to upgrade anyway.
I use FB on non Hive.

Knights with shields? Yeah 365 Oversoul Edict all day. :)

deafmedal

I would like to run a VoG flawless, but I'm avaliable until 9 pm Central time.

Hey, let me know when the Heroic Crota goes down. I absolutely want in on that!

PSN: OwensboroEsq.

Just added it to my download queue. That game looks fun as hell.

Okay, I'll be around most the afternoon/night, save supper and Big Brother, keep an eye on the thread and we can run all the fucking raids tonight :)

Edit:
Helmets? Try like 12 of them. At some point I became so desperate, that I urged my team to only play Normal as I was about to hit 10 Vex Mythoclasts. Which they wouldn't do.

Have to admit I haven't played VoG for a long time though, I heard drop rates were somewhat adjusted.

Yeah they've been adjusted, now you get 2 hats half the time you run! You could have 12 more in 1/4th of the time!

For real? I never hear anyone talk about playing that mode. Wish they'd put them back in. I thought they were fun. At least different.

Players complained that they were "too big".

I failed to see the same problem, tho. I wish all 3 were back into the Control rotation. They are better than Exodus Blue at least.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So is Found Verdict the best PVE shotgun to ascend? I'm still limited on etheric light but I have yet to ascend a secondary that isn't an exotic

VoG tonight, 2 spots left.

Thursday, 7/9/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

I want to do a CE newbie raid. Just recently bought the DLC and havent done it yet.

LTWood12

I use FB on non Hive.

Knights with shields? Yeah 365 Oversoul Edict all day. :)

Ever stop to think that maybe those shields are there to give you a little bit of a break Colonel? I like to take it those few seconds to really reflect on life (and reload my Fatebringer).

PuMa

edit: I'm pretty sure I've never actually even played Skyshock. Would check my grimoire but bnet is down.

Yeah, people really hated on Skyshock as soon as it was released. I didn't mind it though. It definitely was a nice change of pace from some of the corridor-ridden, shotgun-fest maps. First Light was great (post tank nerf), and Bastion wasn't bad at all.

kiguel182

Speaking of multiplayer maps, are the DLC maps included in normal rotation if I go play like Control or something or do I have to go to a special playlist to get those?

zewone

The vehicle combat in this game is atrocious. Which is weird since it's so good in Halo.

Since you're a huge, vulnerable target in a vehicle in Destiny most people just sniped.

So you got this huge, open map (needs to be for vehicles), which just lead to running for two minutes to get to a destination only to be sniped and respawning and having to do it again.

They need to remove any idea that vehicles will ever work in this game.

Speaking of multiplayer maps, are the DLC maps included in normal rotation if I go play like Control or something or do I have to go to a special playlist to get those?

The Dark Below maps are now available to everyone, so they are in normal rotation. HoW maps are still locked behind paywall, so you need to play one of the two HoW playlists to run into them.

LTWood12

Yeah, people really hated on Skyshock as soon as it was released. I didn't mind it though. It definitely was a nice change of pace from some of the corridor-ridden, shotgun-fest maps. First Light was great (post tank nerf), and Bastion wasn't bad at all.

I'm really surprised people complained about them so much. I mean, they're bigger than the other maps, but I didn't think they felt huge by any means.

EL CUCO

I'm really surprised people complained about them so much. I mean, they're bigger than the other maps, but I didn't think they felt huge by any means.
I liked the maps as well, the problem is the "vehicles" suck so it basically becomes a Snipe fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom