• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonComet

I got VoC on my second Atheon kill, and FB on my second HM Templar kill.
My elusive drops seem to be helmets...
I seem to get two helmets every other Atheon HM clear. I didn't get a VoG primary weapon until the weekend before TDB was coming out. Thankfully it was a fatebringer :D (and a Gjallarhorn that same raid).

Most i played on that moon map was on the beta. Back then the tank or whatever its name is still had some insane fire rate with the cannons. Nowadays using vehicles is just asking to get sniped.

LTWood12

de_dust 24x7

Modern Warfare 2 Map Nostalgia. Speaking of wide open maps:

wasteland-prev.jpg

Not sure why the thumbnail isn't working, but it's a picture of Wasteland.

EL CUCO

Most i played on that moon map was on the beta. Back then the tank or whatever its name is still had some insane fire rate with the cannons. Nowadays using vehicles is just asking to get sniped.
Interceptor got nerfed so hard it became a death trap. All because some people couldn't run inside when the enemy team had it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yes. I did it and didn't regret it.

Yes. It's a great all around weapon.

Definitely

Yes, ascend it without any regret.

It's terrible actually. You should ascend Swordbreaker instead.

Ascend Found Veredict you fool :p

Yeah the BEST, I got 3 all ascended. but no Fatebringer..... Stupid RNG.

lol I guess that is a yes then.

So I have Fatebringer, VoC, HoC(hornless), and then a Found Verdict upgraded. I think my next will be Black Hammer.

might as well just upgrade all of the VoG weapons at this point...

so far i have ascended fatebringer, VOC, word of crota, fang of ir yut, black hammer, found verdict, and pradyths revenge.

I have 16 Etheric light in my vault and dont know what if anything else I should ascend. is there any reason to save them? I wonder if they will of any use after TTK

so far i have ascended fatebringer, VOC, word of crota, fang of ir yut, black hammer, found verdict, and pradyths revenge.

I have 16 Etheric light in my vault and dont know what if anything else I should ascend. is there any reason to save them? I wonder if they will of any use after TTK

Just ascend everything. Between PoE and Trials, Etheric Light isn't hard to come by.

I was HUGE into SOCOM and SOCOM2. Yes, we are old.

God, I miss those games (and my IW-80A2 :p)! Destiny, give me a 3rd-person PVP mode!

matmanx1

Dont forget the range. Its way to high for a handcannon. Its at scout rifle range now.

I'm ok with this.

You're suggesting a gun that lets me track you for an even longer time, and makes players lose their revive shields - making them vulnerable to grenade spam for even longer. This weapon would reward players even more than it already does for blindly spamming body shots at hyper distant targets.

I don't know man. Simply making accuracy at sniper range a little less crazy + reducing total damage from a double tap to 197 (survivable by any class if they have full armor) would make it a solid but not ridiculous weapon. Requiring a third shot to kill would bring its TTK in line with other top tier weapons at the ~.6s range.

I also agree with this. I don't want Thorn to go back to what it was. It is a very cool and unique weapon and it should be powerful. Perhaps a 2 headshot guaranteed kill is a little bit much in PVP but I trade deaths with Thorn users using Hawkmoon/The Last Word frequently so it's not any more OP than those two guns, IMO.

And it's still second fiddle to Hawkmoon in PVE among Exotic primaries, right? It is according to Datto, anyway...

rNilla

I think Counter-Strike <=1.6, Battlefield 2, Day of Defeat, and Team Fortress Classic are the only other multiplayer games I've put significant time into. Also COD4 and the 360 Halos to a lesser extent. And Goldeneye. :)

Didn't realise we had so many BF vets in here!

Love the series myself and played since Bad Company 2.

Played BF3 competitively, not really got into BF4 as much though! Should all pop on for a few games of conquest some time, i'm one of those pesky jet pilots :p

Nighte

Since they run with the year 1 and 2 term im guessing they will try to do a gear and weapons reset but who knows... Guessing etheric light is for year 1 only but they might implement it as a reagent in year 2 as well.. Only devs really know..

noomi

Add me on stream dgaf bro's names noomi, same avatar as here, minus the "tooken" effect :D

I think Counter-Strike <=1.6, Battlefield 2, Day of Defeat, and Team Fortress Classic are the only other multiplayer games I've put significant time into. Also COD4 and the 360 Halos to a lesser extent. And Goldeneye. :)

Oh man, I was really big on all that too. CS 1.6 and all the mods that were out at the time for Half Life. Natural Selection was by far my favorite HL mod... so many fond memories and friends I still know 10+ years later :)

Any guess on the next ToO map for tomorrow?

Hmmm, Pantheon? :p

if if get my cypher back today and xur brings bones of eo tomorrow , Ill have every exotic again!

more vault space please!!!!!!

Slermy

I picked up a BTRD-345 from the Iron Banner over the weekend. I mainly play PvE though, and it's already better than my Swarm. So is it worth spending one of my 50 Motes of Light on this to re-roll it? It has Surplus on it already (I can't rmember all of the rest except for Grenadier, and CQB Ballistics), but I'm not sure what other great PvE perks I should try to go for.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Every week I do Nightfall, fresh with hope that I will get a Ballerhorn and every week I'm crushed with the reality that I'll never get a Ballerhorn. ;__;

amar212

THORN DISCUSSION

Two main problems: fire ratio is too high and overall PvP effect is heavily dependent on the connection.

Solution for problem 1: simply lower the damn fire-ratio. I do not have problem when people can aim handguns for crits. I have a problem with Thorn allowing for stupid spamming. Everything else is fine - dot, poison, mag size, whatever - but the fire-ratio is the hatch for all later problems.

Solution for problem 2: impossible to solve until dedicated servers. But Thorns poison makes p2p issues even more pronounced due to lag. It also makes problems for healing (Red Death and Suros) because lag-compensation kicks-in too late, resulting with Postmortem fot Thorner and me getting killed without being healed.

Theorry

I dont know. I think that the always two headshot kill is the problem combined with the range. Making a scout rifle right away useless imo. Because why not use thorn when you wanna play that way.
Its a sniper now and even at that range a two kill headshot.

Is the elimination point the same as control point B? It could definitely get messy in there, but I think it would be a really fun ToO map.

if its anhthing like the other too maps, it will be in the same area but a little off. I have a feeling its going to be up the little stairs right by B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom