• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

God I love Bad Company 2. Made so many insane kills in that game. Favorite remains killing 4 on a moving boat all the way across the map with the Engineer's AT4. You know how hard that was?! I thought I missed and somehow got them.

Impala26

So seriously, what happened to Bastion, First Light, & Skyshock? Were they completely removed from the game? Haven't played any of these maps since the first couple of months.

Combined Arms only.

People bitched so Bungie took them out. I think they're only in the Combined Arms rotation or something. Kinda sucks, I didn't mind those maps.

I'm not upset that they're not in the Control playlist, but in lieu of that, Combined Arms should most definitely be a PERMANENT playlist of its own. It's the closest thing Desinty has to Halo's BTB... plus it's the only playlist you can complete that "Kill guardians on a vehicle" bounty... yet that thing just randomly pops up at the Bounty Trackers REGULARLY at random.

GhaleonEB

Has Bungie or Activision released any updated stats on how many people are playing the game recently? I thought they mentioned something about unique user counts at one time but I forget the number.

Not that I'm aware of. Bungie and Activision are very protective of Destiny sales numbers and active players. Both are clearly huge but they keep it sheltered.

So lately I've been hoarding Public Event rewards packages. I have my PS4 going through the XB1 so I can do them concurrently with the snap feature. Fun fact: they trigger in a particular area on both consoles at the exact same second.

I MAY have put more time into that series than Destiny, and that's saying something. Man, the clan wars...so intense.

I miss clan wars so much (even though we weren't that great). I also just loved palling around with my clan—knowing everyone's tendencies, annoying my buddies with headshots from across the map, all the laughs.

It was also a great community. The fact that no one EVER touched grenade and rocket launchers even in casual matches was pretty hardcore.

I'd kill for a PS4 SOCOM (as long as it didn't suck like SOCOM 3 and on).

PuMa

Has Bungie or Activision released any updated stats on how many people are playing the game recently? I thought they mentioned something about unique user counts at one time but I forget the number.

For today, zero.

DsFhEEGzo9LVu.gif

I was HUGE into SOCOM and SOCOM2. Yes, we are old.

I miss clan wars so much (even though we weren't that great). I also just loved palling around with my clan—knowing everyone's tendencies, annoying my buddies with headshots from across the map, all the laughs.

It was also a great community. The fact that no one EVER touched grenade and rocket launchers even in casual matches was pretty hardcore.

I'd kill for a PS4 SOCOM (as long as it didn't suck like SOCOM 3 and on).

OMG. Socom 2 was my jam for over 1500 hours worth. Frostfire all day! A new Socom is the biggest game I'd look forward to than any other game.

Desert Glory, Frostfire, Crossroads, The Ruins, Night stalker, heck even Blizzard.

shermas

I know I'm super late on this, but if we already have Destiny and both expansions, what's the cheapest way to get all the Taken King stuff (emotes, class items) without spending $80 for the Collector's Edition? Is there any way?

kiguel182

I just noticed the expansion has a promo for 24 euros.

I can't believe I bought it for 34 and it dropped like one or two days later. My luck...

123rl

Every week I do Nightfall, fresh with hope that I will get a Ballerhorn and every week I'm crushed with the reality that I'll never get a Ballerhorn. ;__;

I said the same thing for months and I got my first gjallorhorn from a Nightfall last week. The game has taunted me for months but then it finally happened. It'll drop when you stop hoping for it to finally drop.

Tawpgun

So lately I've been hoarding Public Event rewards packages. I have my PS4 going through the XB1 so I can do them concurrently with the snap feature. Fun fact: they trigger in a particular area on both consoles at the exact same second.
Gzus

Poopsock is strong

Kyne

I know I'm super late on this, but if we already have Destiny and both expansions, what's the cheapest way to get all the Taken King stuff (emotes, class items) without spending $80 for the Collector's Edition? Is there any way?

There's a $60 package now that comes with the expansion + CE extra digital content.

$60. $40 for TTK and $20 for emotes/class items

PuMa

OMG. Socom 2 was my jam for over 1500 hours worth. Frostfire all day! A new Socom is the biggest game I'd look forward to than any other game.

Desert Glory, Frostfire, Crossroads, The Ruins, Night stalker, heck even Blizzard.

Oh man, great maps all around. I remember all of those so vividly. Just like some Destiny Crucible maps will be etched into my brain for years to come now.

I'm sure our paths probably crossed in SOCOM at some point.

123rl

You just gotta truly believe it's gonna happen.

I'd say go the other way. Expect it to never happen and it'll just be there one day. The last of my friends who didn't have one managed to get on in the Nightfall the week before I did it. So I did it the following week 3x and got 9 strange coins, then a crappy fusion rifle. The third go, which I didn't care about even finishing? A Gjallorhorn!

Oh man, great maps all around. I remember all of those so vividly. Just like some Destiny Crucible maps will be etched into my brain for years to come now.

I'm sure our paths probably crossed in SOCOM at some point.

Haha I made some good friends from that game. Even visited 1 of them. He introduced me to MySpace Hahaha. We ran into each other a few times so we then became online friends then IRL. I hung out at US East/west a lot. But yea, sooo many memories. I ran a gamebattles clan too and had some ridiculously intense matches. G^

If only saving videos was an option then haha

SkylineRKR

I got Fourth Horseman last night on my first POE run. Is it worth leveling?

Do it. One of my favourite weapons in the game. Incredibly fun to use once you've upgraded it to its exclusive perks and fast reload. Its basically Found Verdict on steroids, but takes up an exotic slot.

Hearing all of you talk, I feel as if I had lived inside a cave for years. Destiny is my third online experience in my life and pretty much my first mmo. 2005 with Ragnarok Online (pirate servers), a few hours of L4D2 maybe in 2010 and this. Everything else has been offline for me, even when I had Xbox Live Gold. No wonder I once finished 56 games in a year.

PS: Maybe the fourth. I always forget about Phantasy Star Online.

I just noticed the expansion has a promo for 24 euros.

I can't believe I bought it for 34 and it dropped like one or two days later. My luck...

I bought the expansion pass one week ago at full price. I try not to think about it a lot.

Frenden

Banned
God I love Bad Company 2. Made so many insane kills in that game. Favorite remains killing 4 on a moving boat all the way across the map with the Engineer's AT4. You know how hard that was?! I thought I missed and somehow got them.

I played more BC2 than any other shoot last gen.

Combat shotgun + magnum slugs = sniping helicopter pilots with a shotty. Loved. That. Game.

PuMa

Haha I made some good friends from that game. Even visited 1 of them. He introduced me to MySpace Hahaha. We ran into each other a few times so we then became online friends then IRL. I hung out at US East/west a lot. But yea, sooo many memories. I ran a gamebattles clan too and had some ridiculously intense matches. G^

If only saving videos was an option then haha

Gamebattles was cool. I was in Wolfhounds clan <WH>. We had a website with forums and everything. We were usually in US East/West as well. DGAF community actually comes pretty close to what it was like in the SOCOM community. It's too bad Bungie didn't integrate the clan function better though.

I'm now having Socom 2 withdrawals.

PSN needs to hurry up and get back up!

I found this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuyIQv_SjpM

matmanx1

Do it. One of my favourite weapons in the game. Incredibly fun to use once you've upgraded it to its exclusive perks and fast reload. Its basically Found Verdict on steroids, but takes up an exotic slot.

I got one for my first PoE completion and I find myself using it as often as possible. It really is a Found Verdict on steroids. It's hilariously good at killing Fallen Captains and Hive Knights very quickly at close range. Stuff just melts.

LiK

Tempted to buy those handcannon replicas. Kinda wish there were official ones. Even the ones on Etsy are expensive.

I hate server work, screws us night shift working folk, not to mention the EU's bungie.

As opposed to doing it during the day for EU and mid-day workers, making it so an arguably larger playerbase cannot play either.

It's reasonably certain that they pick the least peak times that most of their network guys are able to perform a maintenance. It's always play time somewhere in the world.

Ryck

4th outage in 6 days. I know it's "scheduled" but still wtf.

Also picked up Destiny this morning for PS3... Gonna see if the ridiculous RNG that refuses to give me a Gally is tied to my screen name. (1200 hours 200 raid completions!!!) I have like 4 accounts on my ps3 so...

Yes I realize how sad this is. I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom