• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my ignorance...

Reroll weapons?

Oh no worries! HoW introduced the ability to reroll almost all legendary weapons that are obtainable for this DLC (there's the symbol of II on the top right corner) except for Trials of Osiris and Weapons from Variks. You go to the Gunsmith, equip the weapon you want to reroll and gamble! It recreates the weapon with 0 xp, rerolling the perks and if it has a burn, the burn as well.

Previously this feature was only for Iron Ban er weapons and only with the Iron Banner vendor. You can still reroll iron banner weapons from any iron banner and it's all done at the Gunsmith

If you have a weapon you want to reroll, I'd suggest looking up the guides on reddit. For instance, here are the shotgun, machine gun and sniper reroll tips:

https://m.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/37auty/house_of_wolves_shotgun_reforge_megathread/
https://m.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/39xtdh/machine_guns_reforging
https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/37gpws/sniper_rifle_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp

Usually people reroll with a specific perk list in mind, and they usually first decide whether they're aiming for a PvE roll or PvP roll.

matmanx1

Flawless CE is way easier than VoG.

I don't need any trophies, but I can help if you guys need 1.

Thorn needs a Fire-rate and maybe a range nerf.

ARs need a buff. Mostly a damage buff.

Shotgun range needs a nerf so Fusion Rifles can look better again.

I think that's it.

If they go for separate PVE/PVP balance there's a lot more they can do tho. Like increase Fusion Rifle damage to make sense using one on PVE instead of a shotgun.

Nerf shotgun range? To what, 2 inches? They are already useless at about 2 arm lengths as is and that's too powerful?

I will agree AR's need a buff, no argument there. I'm not sure what to do with fusion rifles. I would almost favor a damage buff so that they are more useful in PVE but other than that I am not sure.

On the other hand, how can you ever have no cheese on your fridge?

Life without cheese isn't really life. I don't know what it is, but it's certanly not living.

My fridge always has at least 4 types of cheese.

Nerf shotgun range? To what, 2 inches? They are already useless at about 2 arm lengths as is and that's too powerful?

I don't think we've been playing the same game... lol

If rolled right (agressive, shot package/rangefinder, reinforced/rifled barrel), a shotgun can and will destroy you from the other side of a room.

I will agree AR's need a buff, no argument there. I'm not sure what to do with fusion rifles. I would almost favor a damage buff so that they are more useful in PVE but other than that I am not sure.
Wut. The good shotguns can kill you from across the room, it's ridiculous.

grief

So who fancies doing a flawless/clan run tonight on one of the raids when the servers are back up?

I need:

- Flawless raid
- Raid with full clan
- Strike with full clan

For my plat.

I feel more comfortable raiding VoG than CE personally. But I'd be more than happy to do CE if the majority wanted to!

I still need the Flawless raid and strike with clan but I'm open to help out with any of the above things if I'm needed.

PuMa

It's been discussed to death in here, but the god-rolls give some shotguns a ridiculous OHK range. Definitely needs nerfing. Or maybe just get rid of shot package.

Frenden

Banned
It's been discussed to death in here, but the god-rolls give some shotguns a ridiculous OHK range. Definitely needs nerfing. Or maybe just get rid of shot package.

Removing Shot Package is a good start (he says eyeing his vault full of god roll shotguns, boo).

I know this would make people upset but I wish they modified the Final Round perk on snipers to something else. Since they stealth nerfed aim assist for her Benevolence then why not stealth nerf the dumbest sniper perk.

I spent almost 3 weeks, over 500 rerolls on HB and then they do that. I still love the gun though. But I did not appreciate that.

PuMa

I know this would make people upset but I wish they modified the Final Round perk on snipers to something else. Since they stealth nerfed aim assist for her Benevolence then why not stealth nerf the dumbest sniper perk.

I spent almost 3 weeks, over 500 rerolls on HB and then they do that. I still love the gun though. But I did not appreciate that.

It's good for POE. The problem is just that people exploit it in PVP.

Edit: Bungie.net is back now.

Removing Shot Package is a good start (he says eyeing his vault full of god roll shotguns, boo).

remove shot package and range perks from shotgun rolls and then they won't

Players would absolutelly rage if they removed shot package. lol

I'm all for it! I'm a guy that moved from Fusion Rifles to Shotguns because right now it makes no sense to use a FR instead of a Shotgun.

I would love to go back to FRs.

EL CUCO

Hey! I just reforged me a final round Spear. Let me repay some scumbags first :D

Did you guys also have that awful SOCOM USB headset?

Playstation-2-Headset-Kopfhoerer-Socom-US-Navy-Seals-Logitech-a.jpg

I think SOCOM was the reason most people bought that ridiculous Network Adapter.

hdd.jpg

Not only did I have that, but I bought a modded Dual Shock from eBay with the L3 disabled and moved to a button on the side so I could spam-strafe without changing fire modes.

All this talk of old shooters: Destiny is pretty much the first shooter I've ever played (not counting games with shooter mechanics as part of the experience such as Uncharted). I never really had much interest in the genre, sticking more to RPGs, puzzle games, and the occasional MMO, but talks of loot, raids, and other social aspects lured me in.

My enjoyment of the game, surprisingly, has mostly come from the core shooter mechanics, though, which makes me regret passing up this genre for so long.

Ganhyun

FFXI still remains my favourite online game ever.

It was a different type of MMO for sure. You always had to make sure you went and killed some easy stuff after leveling to make s ure you didn't delevel on death and have to take all the armor and all back off.

I finally got Black Hammer. Is this gun still glitched? It messes up a lot for me, especially on walkers. Doesn't work at all on Atheon either. I thought they fixed this a long time ago.

I wish Destiny had a gun like SOCOM II's AK-105. Used my IW for clan wars, but I had so much fun with the slow-firing, hard-hitting 105.

SpecX

I got the adapter and hard drive for Final Fantasy 11 myself.

Same, then my stupid brother went and pulled the adapter to use on his system without unplugging the system which shorted the jack. Sony was generous and repaired my system free of charge, but his dumbass did it again...

Akai XIII

Woo another NM shader. Now I have:
Amalthea
Cleopatra AK
Nefertiti AK

I have these two FWC shaders:
Babylon 9191
Nineveh 8611

But just 2x Revenant Wings from DO. The FWC ones look kinda craps tbh.

LTWood12

I finally got Black Hammer. Is this gun still glitched? It messes up a lot for me, especially on walkers. Doesn't work at all on Atheon either. I thought they fixed this a long time ago.

I've used it quite a bit in the last week and white nail seems to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom