• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So who fancies doing a flawless/clan run tonight on one of the raids when the servers are back up?

I need:

- Flawless raid
- Raid with full clan
- Strike with full clan

For my plat.

I feel more comfortable raiding VoG than CE personally. But I'd be more than happy to do CE if the majority wanted to!

We'll do 3x GK/Atheon some time today.

I've used it quite a bit in the last week and white nail seems to work fine.

I´ve noticed that the white nail perk fails sometimes if you shoot too fast, you need to take some time between shots, i´ve seen it fail quite a bit in PoE fighting Urrox for example, i had to wait for his head coming back to a neutral position after a few shots or the perk would fail even if your shots were all crits with yellow damage

matmanx1

On the other hand, how can you ever have no cheese on your fridge?

Life without cheese isn't really life. I don't know what it is, but it's certanly not living.

My fridge always has at least 4 types of cheese.

I don't think we've been playing the same game... lol

If rolled right (agressive, shot package/rangefinder, reinforced/rifled barrel), a shotgun can and will destroy you from the other side of a room.

Ahh so it's a certain set of perks and not exactly the shotguns that need the nerf. I took a couple of months off and you definitely could not kill someone across the room with a shotgun back in March as far as I remember.

I do have a Secret Handshake with range finder and shot package but the impact is fairly lousy and it often takes two shots to kill someone even at close range. Did shotguns get a range buff or something?

QYiv0zn.png

Anyone care to do Crota HM with me? We can probably do everything up until the Deathsinger/Crota with less than 6 players and start right away, and then make sure to get a bigger team on Crota.

Edit:
Anyone up for quick VoG or Crota HM now? Emphasis on quick. :D

Add yourself. PSN

1. j0hnny_385
2. PewPewPewBow for Crota HM ?

By quick do you mean "no first time shit noobs allowed!"

Because I'd fall into that category...
Haha, no no, of course not. Feel free to join!
But preferably with "majority" of exp folks, I only got 2 hrs max before I gotta go.
And this is my last Destiny play before I'm off for 3 weeks vacation. ^_^
School of Hawk brehs, anyone?

Moobabe

Haha, no no, of course not. Feel free to join!
But preferably with "majority" of exp folks, I only got 2 hrs max before I gotta go.
And this is my last Destiny play before I'm off for 3 weeks vacation. ^_^
School of Hawk brehs, anyone?

In that case!

Add yourself. PSN

1. j0hnny_385
2. PewPewPewBow for Crota HM ? PewPewPewBow for Crota HM ?
3. Moobabe

Add yourself. PSN

1. j0hnny_385

I can do a quick hard crota run (just one run).

Awesome.
Add Outlaw_Omega on PSN
And if we can get one more and are ready we can start right away.

I'll add you, but finding anyone for PoE is a chore. I am going to squeeze in this raid first assuming it gets off the ground.

Ahh so it's a certain set of perks and not exactly the shotguns that need the nerf. I took a couple of months off and you definitely could not kill someone across the room with a shotgun back in March as far as I remember.

I do have a Secret Handshake with range finder and shot package but the impact is fairly lousy and it often takes two shots to kill someone even at close range. Did shotguns get a range buff or something?

The 3 shotguns that dominate the meta are matador, party crasher, and felwinters. They all have high impact and can hit the range cap for shotguns with the right perks. Their only drawback is slow rate of fire but in pvp that doesn't matter when you're one shotting people from across the room. In PvE they aren't that good, found verdict is still MVP

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm currently the only player in my clan 'Space Magicians'. Bungie.net states the the clan tag does not show up in game if your clan has less than 3 members, but currently it does show under my name for everyone. If I where to switch between clans from time to time and later decide to go back to Space Magicians, would my lone wolve clan tag still show up?

Moobabe

Moo he's doing hard mode - just FYI. If you've never done a raid before you might want to start with a NM normal mode Crota or VoG.

:)

Just saying - full disclosure there

Will I get wrecked? Or is it worth diving in balls deep and rolling with these pros?

phen0m24

Will I get wrecked? Or is it worth diving in balls deep and rolling with these pros?
If you're doing a hard and never raided before? You'll die. Unless you're a sunsinger, no revives.

If I were you, and I was once, I would ask if anyone is doing a normal of either raid so you can learn the mechanics first before you go into a hard. Because honestly if you're underleveled or are lost you might be more of a liability than asset, unfortunately. :(

Especially since Johnny said "quick" Crota lol

Moobabe

If you're doing a hard and never raided before? You'll die. Unless you're a sunsinger, no revives.

If I were you, and I was once, I would ask if anyone is doing a normal of either raid so you can learn the mechanics first before you go into a hard. Because honestly if you're underleveled or are lost you might be more of a liability than asset, unfortunately. :(

Especially since Johnny said "quick" Crota lol

I am a Sunsinger! I'll roll with these guys for a bit and if I feel like I'm getting in the way like a turd then I'll drop :)

Thanks for the help though man - if it's shit biscuits then I'll try a normal raid over the weekend maybe.

Where on the Red Bull can is the code exactly?

There is still one spot for newbie VoG tonight. Sign up here.

I'll sign up for this too!

Agent

Did you guys also have that awful SOCOM USB headset?

Playstation-2-Headset-Kopfhoerer-Socom-US-Navy-Seals-Logitech-a.jpg

I think SOCOM was the reason most people bought that ridiculous Network Adapter.

hdd.jpg

I know i'm super late to the party on this, but I was just in a meeting at work for the last 3 hours. I'm catching up on the thread and saw this and the talk about SOCOM/FFXI and immediately got the nostalgic feels. To this day I don't think I've had as good of an online shooter experience as I did in SOCOM/SOCOM II. I would probably be ashamed if there was a way to count up the total hours spent between both of those games. That was literally my freshman year of college. Go to class then play SOCOM in clan wars. East 2 represent.

I actually got the hard drive for free. I was a beta tester for FFXI and they sent us the game and hard drive. Once the beta was over we had to send it back, but then we got the retail version of both. Needless to say I spent more hours than I want to admit in FFXI as well. I got to do all of that through the PlayStation Gamer Advisory Panel (GAP). I don't think it even exists anymore. It was an invite only thing. I got to play so many betas and games before release along with many free things. The thing is, back then they actually were like beta releases. Not like beta releases today where it is code for "hey test our servers". There was private forums to discuss bugs, issues, etc. It was pretty cool.

I might cry and freak out if i were to hear the beginning song of SOCOM/SOCOM II at a future Sony Press Conference like the dude did for Shenmue.

I am a Sunsinger! I'll roll with these guys for a bit and if I feel like I'm getting in the way like a turd then I'll drop :)

Thanks for the help though man - if it's shit biscuits then I'll try a normal raid over the weekend maybe.

Join Hawkians group if you want a nice slow walk through normal mode

Edit: nice just saw your edit

Dawg

Question: is there any way to buy the legendary edition right now and play the released content already or do you have to wait until the september release?

I'll sign up for this too!

You are of course completely welcome to join by me, but I see Hawkian has 1 spot on the newbie VoG raid on the post above yours.

matmanx1

The 3 shotguns that dominate the meta are matador, party crasher, and felwinters. They all have high impact and can hit the range cap for shotguns with the right perks. Their only drawback is slow rate of fire but in pvp that doesn't matter when you're one shotting people from across the room. In PvE they aren't that good, found verdict is still MVP

I see. I do have a Party Crasher +1 but it has full auto so I haven't tried to re-roll it.

RetroMG

Did you guys also have that awful SOCOM USB headset?

Playstation-2-Headset-Kopfhoerer-Socom-US-Navy-Seals-Logitech-a.jpg

I think SOCOM was the reason most people bought that ridiculous Network Adapter.

hdd.jpg

I'm late on this too, but I had it for Metal Gear... only I got it after MG Online was pretty well done. I used it to DL the online camouflage, though, and I used the headset for Karaoke Revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom