• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, is the drop rate really that low? I was under the impression that it was in like the 10% range.
I dunno man. I still don't have the mythoclast either. My luck with the VoG loot has been shit. Granted, most of my runs came before they changed the loot tables, pre-DLC.

Arrrammis

Will I get wrecked? Or is it worth diving in balls deep and rolling with these pros?
You'd probably have more fun doing a normal raid first so that you're not stuck watching other people run around if you die. VoG is still my favorite part of the game, be sure to run it a few times with a good group!

Gordon

QYiv0zn.png

Anyone care to do Crota HM with me? We can probably do everything up until the Deathsinger/Crota with less than 6 players and start right away, and then make sure to get a bigger team on Crota.

Edit:
You just need an experienced hunter. A defender titan to draw boomer fire is handy too. Beyond that 2 or 3 Gjallarhorns are sufficient. I've 3-manned Crota with new players recently (I run titans and my buddy Hunter runs a solid hunter - go figure lol) but I'm on 360.
You can 2-man it if you both know what you're doing. Point being you don't really need a full party as long as you have decent gear and you're level 33/34. I find the full party is often a liability, with more targets for the boomers to cut down triggering oversouls, and less coordinated heavy ammo management. Not that ammo is much of a concern, seeing as a 34 can 2-sword him without breaking a sweat.

Owensboro

Anyone up for quick VoG or Crota HM now? Emphasis on quick. :D

Add yourself. PSN

1. j0hnny_385

I'd be down for the Heroic Crota..... but I've only ever done it on normal. As long as it's not too different I'd love to get it done. Need it for the emblem thing.

PSN: OwensboroEsq
Titan

Moonabe, you're out of Crota HM? :)

If yes, we need two more.

Add yourself so I can add you to teh party. ;)

Crota HM PSN:

1. j0hnny_385
2. PewPewPewBow
3. MostWantedZero
4. ReignOfSparrows

We go in ~10min.

When I get home from work I'm going to try to find a group to finally tackle Skolas and get the final piece I need for the Emblem. I'm going in blind, so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get it on my first night. Any tips?

Moobabe

Crota HM PSN:

1. j0hnny_385
2. PewPewPewBow
3. MostWantedZero
4. ReignOfSparrows

We go in ~10min.

Yeah I'll drop and try the VoG normal! Thanks anyway man!

Gordon

I'd be down for the Heroic Crota..... but I've only ever done it on normal. As long as it's not too different I'd love to get it done. Need it for the emblem thing.

PSN: OwensboroEsq
Titan
The boomers are majors so you can't just 2SK them, and there's no chalice so healing is restricted to health-on-orbs helmets and Suros/Red Death (and super activations, although I never was too clear on that)

PuMa

Ahh so it's a certain set of perks and not exactly the shotguns that need the nerf. I took a couple of months off and you definitely could not kill someone across the room with a shotgun back in March as far as I remember.

I do have a Secret Handshake with range finder and shot package but the impact is fairly lousy and it often takes two shots to kill someone even at close range. Did shotguns get a range buff or something?

You have range finder and shot package? That would be a crazy feat.

Crota HM PSN:

1. j0hnny_385
2. PewPewPewBow
3. MostWantedZero
4. ReignOfSparrows
5. Beast-Legacy

We go in ~10min.

Would love to join. I'm already friends with MostWantedZero.

PuMa

I know i'm super late to the party on this, but I was just in a meeting at work for the last 3 hours. I'm catching up on the thread and saw this and the talk about SOCOM/FFXI and immediately got the nostalgic feels. To this day I don't think I've had as good of an online shooter experience as I did in SOCOM/SOCOM II. I would probably be ashamed if there was a way to count up the total hours spent between both of those games. That was literally my freshman year of college. Go to class then play SOCOM in clan wars. East 2 represent.

I actually got the hard drive for free. I was a beta tester for FFXI and they sent us the game and hard drive. Once the beta was over we had to send it back, but then we got the retail version of both. Needless to say I spent more hours than I want to admit in FFXI as well. I got to do all of that through the PlayStation Gamer Advisory Panel (GAP). I don't think it even exists anymore. It was an invite only thing. I got to play so many betas and games before release along with many free things. The thing is, back then they actually were like beta releases. Not like beta releases today where it is code for "hey test our servers". There was private forums to discuss bugs, issues, etc. It was pretty cool.

I might cry and freak out if i were to hear the beginning song of SOCOM/SOCOM II at a future Sony Press Conference like the dude did for Shenmue.

Are you me? I think you are me...

Many days/evenings jumping into SOCOM and clan wars after school. I was in East 2 a lot as well. What a coincidence!

Also a FFXI beta person. ;-)

Scary

deafmedal

Welp, looks like I just missed a raid run heh. Had a nice nap and some food... worth it :)

Anybody like to run a raid as soon as we are full? Will start a list if there is any interest.

Navy Bean

Man these people I'm getting matched up with on control are hilarious. It's so bad.

They must be thinking, "Hey, we're holding B and C and dominating. I have an idea, I'll capture A and really punish them..." I swear half the people have no idea how to play control.

Look up deafmedal and Moobabe may want to raid the VoG :)

Yo bud. Can't do the PoE with josh/you tonight. If you guys still need to do it tomorrow, count me in.

I think I finally understand the mechanics. All my fault we didn't get it done last night. Ugh. I'm such an idiot sometimes. It's a small miracle I can tie my shoes
the first time, most times.

phen0m24

Yo bud. Can't do the PoE with josh/you tonight. If you guys still need to do it tomorrow, count me in.

I think I finally understand the mechanics. All my fault we didn't get it done last night. Ugh. I'm such an idiot sometimes. It's a small miracle I can tie my shoes
the first time, most times.

Hey man no worries. I'm going to get him to level that Saint 14. Even bought a can of
cat wizz
Red Bull to get a code for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom