• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

They must be thinking, "Hey, we're holding B and C and dominating. I have an idea, I'll capture A and really punish them..." I swear half the people have no idea how to play control.
I also feel like people who get angry about one person running alone to cap a point don't understand how the spawn worms either. It doesn't matter which points your team holds, it matters where your team is. Example: if the enemy holds B and C, but you have more players than them on C while the rest of their team is closer to A, you will spawn near C. I understand that people like to add more value to the points, but a lot of people don't seem to know what makes you spawn where (which is why I always urge my group to rush the spawn we want at the start of a match - we don't need to control the point, we just need to be in the area.

M3Rocket

Red Bull Destiny Code Giveaway

I started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

Simple rules if you want a free code and can't get one for whatever reason:
1. Limit to one per NeoGAF ID.
2. Quote/Reply to this post.
3. Codes will be given in signup order. First come, first served.
4. No guarantees that everyone on the list will get a code.
5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.
7. If you get a code from somewhere else, please let me know so we can cross out your name on the list.
8. Codes can be used worldwide as far as we know. If you can pull up your profile on Bungie.net, you should be able to redeem it.
9. If you don't see your name on that list after replying/quoting this post, please PM me with a link to your post and I'll make sure you get into whatever position you belong in on the list.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

We need more code donations. I can't drink more than one can a day. LoL.

Edits since the original post are in italics.

Hey man no worries. I'm going to get him to level that Saint 14. Even bought a can of
cat wizz
Red Bull to get a code for him

We didn't even need it last night if I hadn't been poisoning the strategy. We would have been more than able to handle the adds if we had just camped in that back corner. I seriously wanted to get out of bed last night and demand we all try again. But it was 2am... And I need my rest of im going to properly tie my shoes in the morning.

Moobabe

I started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.
7. If you get a code from somewhere else, please let me know so we can cross out your name on the list.
8. Codes can be used worldwide as far as we know. If you can pull up your profile on Bungie.net, you should be able to redeem it.
9. If you don't see your name on that list after replying/quoting this post, please PM me with a link to your post and I'll make sure you get into whatever position you belong in on the list.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

Yes please

Wonderful, please join us

Hopefully joining now!

black stig

Neo Member

Yes please.

Ganhyun

Same, then my stupid brother went and pulled the adapter to use on his system without unplugging the system which shorted the jack. Sony was generous and repaired my system free of charge, but his dumbass did it again...

Brother would hand no hands anymore. lol

Homeboyd

Forgot about this. You can take me off.

noomi

Need one for Skolas.

*edit*

Sorry guys, going to pass actually, getting hungry and wife is coming home in like 5min. Maybe later tonight.

BondFancy

DGaf is best Gaf, sign me up I haven't gotten a code yet, there's no 711's near me.

Hyun Sai

By the way, I've got one old LDR 5001 with Spray and play, Field Scout, Final Round.

Is it any good for PVP or I should prefer the Shadow Veils ?

Oh baby yes please

It would be nice to get a code!
I doubt we will get this promotion in my country.

Namikaze1

I've never done PoE so maybe you dont want me but i'd be willing to go and learn. How long does it take?
PoE 35 can take an hour or so if you don't wipe and with a good team who knows the mechanics.

Though time varies for a lot of folks. Some really only need an hour, others need several hours.

Owensboro

I'd like a code! I'll see if I can find any over the next week to give away too, but I've had no luck so far :(

Axoman

We didn't even need it last night if I hadn't been poisoning the strategy. We would have been more than able to handle the adds if we had just camped in that back corner. I seriously wanted to get out of bed last night and demand we all try again. But it was 2am... And I need my rest of im going to properly tie my shoes in the morning.

If you need help doing the 34 PoE on XB1 and I'm online, feel free to send me a message/invite. I added you a few days ago, but I don't think you've ever added me.

PoE 35 can take an hour or so if you don't wipe and with a good team who knows the mechanics.

Though time varies for a lot of folks. Some really only need an hour, others need several hours.

I see, i should probably do the easier ones first then otherwise i will just delay the whole thing. Next time noomi, when im wiser :)

Frenden

Banned
I have an OG Perun's Fire with Rangefinder and Perfect Balance and Red Dot ORS1 (highest range sight) and just ripped through folks in Clash with it.

Fusions are still fun with the right perks.

Triumphs complete. First time doing Crota on hard mode. Also got the warlock helmet, one of the few things still on my Wanted list. Thanks everyone :)

Agent

Are you me? I think you are me...

Many days/evenings jumping into SOCOM and clan wars after school. I was in East 2 a lot as well. What a coincidence!

Also a FFXI beta person. ;-)

Scary

Nice, that would be crazy if we played with/against each other regularly. I'm trying to remember my username, I think it was phantomforce. I was in a clan called =BB= Blood Brothers if I remember correctly.

I actually still have SOCOM people on my friends list. There was a SOCOM thread in the Gaming side a few weeks ago and quite a few people mentioned they still play with people from the game. It's crazy that happens when the idea of friend lists, etc. was so primitive back then.

Nuszka

Has anyone here tried logging in with their current account to trials version of destiny? Is it even possible , if you get it from a different region maybe?

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member

I would love to get one too :) Thanks for the opportunity to win one :)

Gordon

They must be thinking, "Hey, we're holding B and C and dominating. I have an idea, I'll capture A and really punish them..." I swear half the people have no idea how to play control.
I love that guy
team-y-u-no-play-objective.jpg
I follow him around the rest of the match like the adoring fan in skyrim

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have an OG Perun's Fire with Rangefinder and Perfect Balance and Red Dot ORS1 (highest range sight) and just ripped through folks in Clash with it.

Perun's Fire and Light of the Abyss still work basically unchanged in the Crucible IMO. You were never well-off trying to hit people at long range with them in the first place so they weren't hit hard by the nerf.

Impala26

Perun's Fire and Light of the Abyss still work basically unchanged in the Crucible IMO. You were never well-off trying to hit people at long range with them in the first place so they weren't hit hard by the nerf.

I have an awesome Plug One.1 with crazy range that I shrek kids with. Longer range fusions ARE still viable in Crucible, you just need to use them tactically, not BUCK-WILD like you're running a Matador or Felwinter's.

It's still a shame that the Pocket Infinity was nerfed to hell and back though... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom