• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trance? I was trying to help him with my son's character - 2 33's and a 34. Lol

No Lol'ing... If people were able to beat 33 crota as 32s and people beat 35 skolas as 34s, we should be able to deal with this no problem. We didn't wipe until the boss. And only then because I'm a jackass that should just shut his mouth sometimes.

Red Bull Destiny Code Giveaway

I started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

Simple rules if you want a free code and can't get one for whatever reason:
1. Limit to one per NeoGAF ID.
2. Quote/Reply to this post.
3. Codes will be given in signup order. First come, first served.
4. No guarantees that everyone on the list will get a code.
5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.
7. If you get a code from somewhere else, please let me know so we can cross out your name on the list.
8. Codes can be used worldwide as far as we know. If you can pull up your profile on Bungie.net, you should be able to redeem it.
9. If you don't see your name on that list after replying/quoting this post, please PM me with a link to your post and I'll make sure you get into whatever position you belong in on the list.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

We need more code donations. I can't drink more than one can a day. LoL.

Edits since the original post are in italics.

Yes please! Aussie here.

Axoman

What's your GT? I still don't understand this whole adding friends thing.

Axoman909

XB1 friends kind of work like Twitter. You initially add someone and you become a follower, you don't actually become "friends" until that person adds you as a friend back.

So, both people need to add each other as friends before you actually become friends.

Gordon

I have an awesome Plug One.1 with crazy range that I shrek kids with. Longer range fusions ARE still viable in Crucible, you just need to use them tactically, not BUCK-WILD like you're running a Matador or Felwinter's.

It's still a shame that the Pocket Infinity was nerfed to hell and back though... :-(
FRs are solid, but only if you're playing less aggressive players. If they're running buck-wild, I get just as wrecked. It's a fragile balance. Pretty map-dependent.
And yeah - everything really novel and compelling got nerfed to obscurity generally right before it dropped for me. I used to actually really enjoy running any old crucible mode with my Shadow Price and whatever FR I had back then. Perun's Fire for a good while. It was nice - mid-range fights happened. Now it feels like it's 90% Thorn from the distance or *poof* a hunter appears in front of you and splatters you across a wall with Felwinter's.
FRs are decent in control though. Good for covering doorways and such where you get a radar prompt. Still, a lot of 2SK nonsense goes on. I run with high impact +accelerated coils and still.

I finally got Black Hammer. Is this gun still glitched? It messes up a lot for me, especially on walkers. Doesn't work at all on Atheon either. I thought they fixed this a long time ago.

It works fine, you're just missing. Atheon's crit spot is stupidly hard to hit for whatever reason.

I finally got Black Hammer. Is this gun still glitched? It messes up a lot for me, especially on walkers. Doesn't work at all on Atheon either. I thought they fixed this a long time ago.
Atheon's sweet spot is a little lower than expected.

zJGKfrT.jpg

Flawless CE with Drizzay, Puma et al still happening tonight?

Just finished a Skolas kill (GG to Bomba and Pink!), gonna grab some food now and then I'm down for whatever. Me and Bomba might do another Skolas kill, and I gotta make sure Rasen gets a kill at some point here too... Not sure what time everyone was thinking, but I'm happy to help with a run if there are enough folks around for it.

Anybody up for helping me attempt 35 POE for the first time?

I'm getting jack squat from the LFG board.

I'm not super hardcore, but I've done everything else in this game at least once successfully, and I'm pretty relaxed. I just really want to get that emblem and Skolas is standing between me and my precious prize.

edit. I should say PSN and my account name is the same as GAF.

Definity

I don't think my sunsinger firebolt grenades leave a burning effect. Am I missing something? Do I need something for this?

You positive you're using touch of flame in your skill tree?

Edit:
If someone is burning (pvp) I believe each tick counts as 7 damage.

OkayRene

Just finished a Skolas kill (GG to Bomba and Pink!), gonna grab some food now and then I'm down for whatever. Me and Bomba might do another Skolas kill, and I gotta make sure Rasen gets a kill at some point here too... Not sure what time everyone was thinking, but I'm happy to help with a run if there are enough folks around for it.

Does 8PM EST work?

GhaleonEB

Anybody up for helping me attempt 35 POE for the first time?

I'm getting jack squat from the LFG board.

I'm not super hardcore, but I've done everything else in this game at least once successfully, and I'm pretty relaxed. I just really want to get that emblem and Skolas is standing between me and my precious prize.

edit. I should say PSN and my account name is the same as GAF.

I can help in a little bit, but a word of caution - Skolas this week features Lightswitch. I beat him four times last week with no problems. The week before I couldn't, because everyone was getting one shot by Dregs. It will be a very rough introduction to Skolas, which in its current form is actually quite fun on non-Lightswitch weeks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How long does VoG NM take? I'd love to run it, but I'm busy until 9-930 and would want to try and knock it out in one sitting.

PoE 32 anyone?

Edit, nevermind. Just going to do strikes until dinner. If anyone is planning on doing 32 tonight and needs one, let me knkw

I can help in a little bit, but a word of caution - Skolas this week features Lightswitch. I beat him four times last week with no problems. The week before I couldn't, because everyone was getting one shot by Dregs. It will be a very rough introduction to Skolas, which in its current form is actually quite fun on non-Lightswitch weeks.
I'd still like to give it a shot if I can convince someone else to join :). I hope to be playing for the next several hours, so I'll keep an eye out for more.

Starting a nightfall room for 2. Shem0275 PS4 if you want to join.
Sorry for creating a party and then bolting. I had to do something for my wife, who I didn't plan on hearing from for at least a few more hours. I'm still free for the time being if you want to knock out a nightfall.

shem935

Banned
I'd still like to give it a shot if I can convince someone else to join :). I hope to be playing for the next several hours, so I'll keep an eye out for more.

Sorry for creating a party and then bolting. I had to do something for my wife, who I didn't plan on hearing from for at least a few more hours. I'm still free for the time being if you want to knock out a nightfall.

It's cool! I'm probably gonna sign off for a bit and eat but I will be looking for another one.

GhaleonEB

I just wrapped up my last meeting for work, hopping on now. I won't use a mic much until Skolas, still recovering from bronchitis.

noomi

That kotaku article was great, very happy they gave us a shoutout ;) good job Todd, you famous now!

Also bummer about weekly update, oh well. Hope it's a good one tomorrow....

Finally.... Hope Xur brings the goods.... Oh and heat engrams.

Namikaze1

After playing with Noomi and X___O on Monday for a Trials run, I'm thinking of coming back for more ToO. That was the first run since the last ToO gear piece was sold before the gear cycle began anew. Which I would say would be over three weeks ago.

Don't need any gear or weapon though I would love to get the shader and class items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom