• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haybro

Maybe 8:30PM EST, to be safe?

Those who previously showed interest: PuMA, StereoType, myself, ocean, deafmedal1, Gammacide, Church RvB. That's 8 people—two too many—but are any of you still down to run it at the aforementioned time?
Ah damn, I was hoping more for this weekend. I won't be able to run tonight, but good luck guardians!

M3Rocket

In the past two days I've run Prison of Elders about 18 times. It seems like I'll never see a Her Benevolence drop. More than half of those runs I didn't get a key from the small chest so it's basically 20 minutes = 1 strange coin and 1 mote of light. I'm mentally exhausted but I plan to run it 10 more times tonight in the hope that it'll finally drop. If I had a decent way to get treasure keys consistently it'd be okay but I don't. So I have to cross my fingers for a key and another for the sniper.

Should I give up GAF?

todd360

Congrats Todd!

That was a very accurate article about ToO. I suppose that's why it's called "Trails..." Still seems like a huge oversight for Bungie to PvP-gate the most useful elementary primaries for PvE. If only the Queen's or HoW legendary primaries were half as useful...

Thanks!

Well that is Bunige for you.

In the past two days I've run Prison of Elders about 18 times. It seems like I'll never see a Her Benevolence drop. More than half of those runs I didn't get a key from the small chest so it's basically 20 minutes = 1 strange coin and 1 mote of light. I'm mentally exhausted but I plan to run it 10 more times tonight in the hope that it'll finally drop. If I had a decent way to get treasure keys consistently it'd be okay but I don't. So I have to cross my fingers for a key and another for the sniper.

Should I give up GAF?

I got one from the chest, and I got one from a Queen's package.

noomi

After playing with Noomi and X___O on Monday for a Trials run, I'm thinking of coming back for more ToO. That was the first run since the last ToO gear piece was sold before the gear cycle began anew. Which I would say would be over three weeks ago.

Don't need any gear or weapon though I would love to get the shader and class items.

We did really good too, I don't think we ever even used a mercy. XO is a really good player, I try and team up with him and a few others whenever I can. During trials we usually have him host so we can play against Brazilians :p

that face when people actually look forward to Xur still....
I'm surprised people expect anything out of him at this point. It's like a bad on and off relationship.

THE DREAM IS DEAD.

0JSxGc3.gif

noomi

You can ask noomi to get you one, his bro-in-law made one for him :p

Better yet, just take his.

lol, I'm going to lock mine in a safe!

I actually spoke with LiK about this earlier today, but unfortunately my bro in law doesn't really seem to be interested in making more at the moment :(

Anyone on PS4 wanna do a raid with me? I've never done one before but thought it'd be cool to check out

Hey, send me a FR on PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

I'll try to get something organised for you. There are a couple more players looking for a first time VoG run, and we can start a new group sherpa'd by DrDrizzay :)

Maybe 8:30PM EST, to be safe?

Those who previously showed interest: PuMA, StereoType, myself, ocean, deafmedal1, Gammacide, Church RvB. That's 8 people—two too many—but are any of you still down to run it at the aforementioned time?

I'm available.

Edit: some irl friends just got on. Since it might be full, I'll skip this one. Unless it gets pushed back and I'm needed.

Namikaze1

Anyone up for some crucible? Skirmish?

Top of page courtesy of Nami:

Destiny Year 2 gif
I finally did something good for this community other than tell people some embarrassing thing that happened to me.

Now I wonder if Drizzay saw the PvE bosses GIF I made earlier...

We did really good too, I don't think we ever even used a mercy. XO is a really good player, I try and team up with him and a few others whenever I can. During trials we usually have him host so we can play against Brazilians :p
you up for more ToO anytime this weekend? Well, anytime except Sunday evening since I'll be doing the extra special podcast with Tidd, Fig, Hawkian (maybe), and special guests Kirk and Jason.

So lately I've been hoarding Public Event rewards packages. I have my PS4 going through the XB1 so I can do them concurrently with the snap feature. Fun fact: they trigger in a particular area on both consoles at the exact same second.
Gzus

Poopsock is strong
It takes about an hour every couple of days (doing 1 per character before/after reset). Doing them concurrently on PS4/XB1 saves time.

Daemul

From the article: The teabagging thing baffles me—when a team is so good that they just walk all over us, why do they feel the need to teabag us afterward? I mean, I get it, it’s psychological warfare. It’s a way to express some small amount of power over your vanquished foe. But also: Fuck off.

Brilliant.

giphy.gif

Teabagging is a reactionary mechanism for me, I teabag everyone, from randoms in Clash to friends of mine in Rumble, no one is safe from the crotch to the face. I especially make sure to teabag those who visibly get pissed off by it, so Kirk Hamilton should thank his lucky stars that I don't play Destiny on PS4 :p

Nah, its all harmless fun.

giphy.gif

Teabagging is a reactionary mechanism for me, I teabag everyone, from randoms in Clash to friends of mine in Rumble, no one is safe from the crotch to the face. I especially make sure to teabag those who visibly get pissed off by it, so Kirk Hamilton should thank his lucky stars that I don't play Destiny on PS4 :p

Nah, it's douchey.

noomi

Anyone up for some crucible? Skirmish?

I finally did something good for this community other than tell people some embarrassing thing that happened to me.

you up for more ToO anytime this weekend? Well, anytime except Sunday evening since I'll be doing the extra special podcast with Tidd, Fig, Hawkian (maybe), and special guests Kirk and Jason.

I'm about to log on for crucible so I can join.

Yep, I'll be down for more ToO. Friday night or Saturday night I should be available.

M3Rocket

You mean that whole Nami's Hunt for the Husk ordeal was something that "happened" to you rather than a stubborn personal decision??? Even then, that was a good thing you did there for us--you showed us why we shouldn't grind hours and hours for something with unknown and uncertain benefits. That RNGesus will RNG. That hopes can be extinguished and pounded into oblivion for what amounts to be the worst exotic weapon epic fail in Destiny?

Well, unless Fig is lying... Sometimes I can't tell whether to believe you or her about the Necro. ;-)

Namikaze1

You mean that whole Nami's Hunt for the Husk ordeal was something that "happened" to you rather than a stubborn personal decision??? Even then, that was a good thing you did there for us--you showed us why we shouldn't grind hours and hours for something with unknown and uncertain benefits. That RNGesus will RNG. That hopes can be extinguished and pounded into oblivion for what amounts to be the worst exotic weapon epic fail in Destiny?

Well, unless Fig is lying... Sometimes I can't tell whether to believe you or her about the Necro. ;-)
Don't ever trust a word fig says about the Necrochasm.

In fact don't believe anyone that isn't me when it comes to that weapon.

They're spreading lies!

I'm about to log on for crucible so I can join.

Yep, I'll be down for more ToO. Friday night or Saturday night I should be available.
Alright. I'm in orbit. Been there for a while now.

M3Rocket

Sorry--tea-bagging is juvenile at best. Obviously not harmless fun for many of us like the Kotaku author who have to endure that kind of unnecessarily infantile behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom