• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Variks is selling boots. That means I can get any gear Xur sells for the Warlock. That means minimum I'll boost up 17 light, max 42 depending if it's helm, gloves or Chest.

Gordon

Does it even drop anymore?
Drop rate must have been nerfed. I run Eris bounties every day for exp and I haven't seen a husk in months.

So, Uh, which weapon to take from the Elder Cipher....

Lord of Wolves looks fun, but a fusion sniper rifle sounds great too... maaaaan.
The Bow is nifty, but not amazingly powerful. I was underwhelmed at first. It really shines on an arc burn nightfall, particularly if juggler is on. It holds a ridiculous amount of ammo - like nearly 100 rounds, depending on gear buffs. Not my favorite stat to go crazy on, but it has it's uses. Nice to have a reasonably powerful long range gun for adds that won't run dry too fast. Other than that I think it was doing about 1/3 the damage of Patience & Time to the spider walker in the Taniks strike. ~10k vs. ~30k. RoF is slower so it didn't have as much effect as P&T, but in a longer fight it would have done better because P&T would have run dry.

I'm down for an attempt.

I'm up for it.

Ok, that's 3 at least. Anyone else that had asked about it? Puma, Okay, Subtervotion, Deaf, etc.? I'll be around for a while yet tonight so anytime is cool with me, or if there are 6 people who need the trophy I can bow out. We could start as soon as we have 6 or sometime later if people aren't available now. Making a list always helps...

Flawless CE (PS4)

1.) Drizzay (if needed)
2.) Dr. LC
3.) Sexy Sentient Sushi
4.) ?
5.) ?
6.) ?

Lol where do you get these pictures... To be fair, I was the original founding member and President of the Unstabie Fan Club (sponsored by Canned Water), back before Trials even existed. Then all you Johnny-come-latelys started your jiggery pokery while Wicked forsook his GHorny Fartbringer heritage. Unstable and me originally had a 3rd designated Trials member (non-Gaffer) but she's been super flaky and doesn't seem to play much at all.

We are all just jealous you get a permanent seat on the Unstable train to Mercury each week.

Carry on.

Well probably no luck getting a VoG normal raid group anymore tonight. Let's try my luck at LFG, though I can already see me being under levelled by 1 might get in the way.

Got my first Elder Cipher! But I got no keys so I gotta farm one. Is it faster to farm a key from small chests in PoE or the Ether Chests in patrol?

Gordon

PvE weapon ascension after VoC, FB, FV?
Black Hammer? Maybe Hunger?

Got my first Elder Cipher! But I got no keys so I gotta farm one. Is it faster to farm a key from small chests in PoE or the Ether Chests in patrol?
If you get a decent fireteam together you can hammer out PoE 28s really fast, and they have the potential to drop those HoW 331 weapons like Loner.Rebel and Hopscotch Pilgrim too.

So, Uh, which weapon to take from the Elder Cipher....

Lord of Wolves looks fun, but a fusion sniper rifle sounds great too... maaaaan.

I picked up Queensbreaker today. Got enough shottys and Dregs Promise looks underwhelming. QB should be fun to play with.

That's a really good roll, my second 365 Shadow has that plus one of the Stability upgrades in the middle column. You definitely want really high stability for that really fast fire rate.

Full auto is a must, but either Hidden Hand or Third Eye would be good as well for PvP.

I did get Full Auto and Third Eye on a roll, but not a fan of Scouts in PvP.

I will keep this as is. If I get a 2nd, I will go for broke trying for Full Auto + Zen Moment.

McArkus

Ok, that's 3 at least. Anyone else that had asked about it? Puma, Okay, Subtervotion, Deaf, etc.? I'll be around for a while yet tonight so anytime is cool with me, or if there are 6 people who need the trophy I can bow out. We could start as soon as we have 6 or sometime later if people aren't available now. Making a list always helps...

Flawless CE (PS4)

1.) Drizzay (if needed)
2.) Dr. LC
3.) Sexy Sentient Sushi
4.) ?
5.) ?
6.) ?

I would like to do it but don't have the dark below, cold be possible to change the flawless to VoG?

Flawless CE (PS4)

1.) Drizzay (if needed)
2.) Dr. LC
3.) Sexy Sentient Sushi
4.) ?
5.) ?
6.) ?

Sorry its getting too late for me. Good luck guys.

So I have a PoE question. People were telling me I could grind PoE on one character and use the points to buy stuff to gear up my other two. But I had a quick look at that Fallen vendor guy, and he seemed to only be selling Titan gear. Can I actually buy warlock and hunter stuff from him while playing as a Titan?

So I have a PoE question. People were telling me I could grind PoE on one character and use the points to buy stuff to gear up my other two. But I had a quick look at that Fallen vendor guy, and he seemed to only be selling Titan gear. Can I actually buy warlock and hunter stuff from him while playing as a Titan?

You can stock up on Armor cored and transfer to alts. Buy class specific gear with that class.

32 POE awards you armor core. That core can be shared between characters and used to buy armor for a different character.

You can only get 1 armor core per week per character from 32. 34 gives you a weapon core. 35 gives you both armor and weapon cores.

Gordon

Your alts need to have access to the reef (be level 20 iirc). Once they do they can spend cores just like your main can, and the gear will be class-appropriate.

Yup. Lfg is lame. People really looking got L32+ only for Normal Mode Level 26 VoG. Pathetic.
Math is hard m'kay?

I would like to do it but don't have the dark below, cold be possible to change the flawless to VoG?

Flawless CE is much, much easier (and faster) than VoG, although I'm always down to do flawless VoG. It's really challenging and exciting, CE is more for people who want to have a fun but not too frustrating way to get the flawless raider trophy.

Sorry its getting too late for me. Good luck guys.

No worries, the hardest part is just coordinating a group to do it. The actual run is very easy so I don't mind doing it multiple times if there are people for it.

1) Grind for armor cores on ur titan.
2) Transfer armor cores to ur other chars
3) Visit the reef with ur other chars and purchase the armor.
4) ???
5) Profit

Lnkn52

Todd has become Legend. I will speak of him with the upmost respect around here. He deserves to have a GAF grimiore card.

DsSL5Hi.gif

Found a group. They've been looking for a while so they're desperate. They're asking me if I've done it before since I'm low level. I have a maxed Fatebringer and Black Hammer and ghorn equipped. It's hard to figure out haha

Normal Vault of Glass - this weekend. Newbie raid for first timers.

Raid starts at level 26 but minimum level to enter is 23.
However, to be effective, level 25+ is preferred.

No gear requirements, bring your blues and greens if that's all you have.

Sunday 12PM GMT +1 (EU)
Sunday 7AM GMT -4 (US)
Sunday 9PM GMT +10 (AU)

Depending on time, we can also do a normal Crota's End raid afterwards, minimum level to enter is 27 though since it's a level 30 raid.

Our raiders:

1. DeathJr. (PSN: ruthlesbarbarian) GMT+10
2. Apple Season (PSN: figaliz) GMT+1
3. Kurumi (PSN: XxNinjaAyanexX) GMT -4
4. SolicitorPirate (PSN: SolicitorPirate) GMT+10
5. stlobus (PSN: lobus) GMT -4
6. kiguel182 (PSN: kiguel183) GMT+1

ALT: Darth Chocula (PSN: Cedricknave)

DrDrizzay101 aka Vault lore keeper can organize another newbie raid if other first timers are looking to get into the action this weekend.

The sherpa(s) will not instruct the newbies in the ways of the vault, they will learn and discover (and die a lot) on their own. It will be glorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom