• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh Xyor came out, there were a million wizards and I died cause I got stuck in poison and couldn't escape.

I spent an hour so far doing the first part of the strike and then whittling down phogoths health.

Fuck this game.

So if I popped into a raid before the oracles and boss and we dealt with it, and we logged out after we opened the chest down below, is that what's called the gorgon checkpoint?

That was my first time attempting a raid in three months.

phen0m24

Got Destiny for PS3 today and I was amazed how even my checkpoints from the ps4 version transferred over, the dlc packs didn't tho, I am guessing they want me to rebuy them?
Yes. They transfer up from 3 to 4 but not the other way. Works the same on 360/Bone.

Ikkarus

Ugh Xyor came out, there were a million wizards and I died cause I got stuck in poison and couldn't escape.

I spent an hour so far doing the first part of the strike and then whittling down phogoths health.

Fuck this game.
That mission can be a right pain. Are you on PS4? If so I don't mind helping you out.

found you a new buddy phaethon
11741060_10153371176079927_2173560028064992664_o.jpg

Ya6Xza0.jpg

Playing strikes to try it get Warlock Blue armor with higher light. Feels like September 2014 again.

I really hope Xur sells any gloves tomorrow. Any! Even Claws of Ahamkara or Sunbreakers!

Shout out to GoodCoffeeJoey on Xbone who helped me with Xyor. My god you are a saint.

Dunno if you're a gaffer or a lurker but either way you da man

Daemul

Teabagging makes me want to stop playing because it reminds me that I'm playing a game with people who think teabagging is funny.

The act of teabagging by itself is not funny, the salty reactions from many of the people on the receiving end of a teabag is what makes the entire thing funny, people get so easily wound up by it.

I've played dozens of FPS games, and I've never seen any community get more riled up about teabagging than the Destiny community does, people lose their shit over it. The amount of hate mail I've gotten after a crucible match is ridiculous, I once received a near essay long, multi paged message detailing how it was disrespectful and arrogant for me to teabag because I regularly finish at the very top of the leader board, seemingly implying that if I was a shit player than teabagging would be ok, something which gave my friends and I a good, long laugh.

This and more is why I will continue to teabag until the Destiny servers go offline for good, because if I'm going to be stuck playing this game with a community this hilariously uptight for the next 10 years, then you can be damn well sure that I'm going to take the complete mick out of it every step of the way.

Note:I'm not talking about DestinyGAF, but the rest of the online community.

Ikkarus

Right Hopscotch Pilgrim I will find you and I will wealed you!

If anyone wants to team up on Dragon Stikes drop me a message or just join up on me.

LiK

Got Timepiece and Foil from VoG. They're new for me but still no Hawmoon. Bleh

Cannot believe it escaped me like that. This game is beyond cruel.

ocean

Banned
The act of teabagging by itself is not funny, the salty reactions from many of the people on the receiving end of a teabag is what makes the entire thing funny, people get so easily wound up by it.

I've played dozens of FPS games, and I've never seen any community get more riled up about teabagging than the Destiny community does, people lose their shit over it. The amount of hate mail I've gotten after a crucible match is ridiculous, I once received a near essay long, multi paged message detailing how it was disrespectful and arrogant for me to teabag because I regularly finish at the very top of the leader board, seemingly implying that if I was a shit player than teabagging would be ok, something which gave my friends and I a good, long laugh.

This and more is why I will continue to teabag until the Destiny servers go offline for good, because if I'm going to be stuck playing this game with a community this hilariously uptight for the next 10 years, then you can be damn well sure that I'm going to take the complete mick out of it every step of the way.

Note:I'm not talking about DestinyGAF, but the rest of the online community.
I too am somewhat surprised at how much a virtual person crouching over you can affect and upset others. It's rather baffling that people can be so sensitive to something so meaningless.

That said, if you enjoy doing something that offers you zero satisfaction outside of upsetting others it says a lot more about you than it does about them.

Shito

I too am somewhat surprised at how much a virtual person crouching over you can affect and upset others. It's rather baffling that people can be so sensitive to something so meaningless.

That said, if you enjoy doing something that offers you zero satisfaction outside of upsetting others it says a lot more about you than it does about them.
That's more or less my stance, yeah.
I don't care about being teabagged, I just laugh it off -- it honestly is pretty tame and lame compared to all the shit talks or disrepect that can happen in fighting games.
That being said, seeing someone do it instantly make me lose any kind of respect or sympathy I could have for him. I'm talking stranger to stranger thing here, I have no problem with friends teabagging their friends in PVE, for example... ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom