• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
found you a new buddy phaethon
11741060_10153371176079927_2173560028064992664_o.jpg

lol milkham...and ofc it's a warlock :p

GhaleonEB

Yeah, Skolas needs a checkpoint, badly. Just one at Skolas would be fine. I really dig the fight - fun mechanics, tight teamwork, adds that are numerous but fair. (No reavers, wave based.) But it's easily comparable to a raid to run through it all.

So I got a Six Dreg Pride II (arc damage) from Skolas earlier today. Is it worth leveling? It looks like a poor man's Fatebringer; I already have the real deal.

VoG > Skolas > Crota

My heart will go on agreeing w your opinions.

Yeah, Skolas needs a checkpoint, badly. Just one at Skolas would be fine. I really dig the fight - fun mechanics, tight teamwork, adds that are numerous but fair. (No reavers, wave based.) But it's easily comparable to a raid to run through it all.

So I got a Six Dreg Pride II (arc damage) from Skolas earlier today. Is it worth leveling? It looks like a poor man's Fatebringer; I already have the real deal.

Eh, not really. Unless you got Disciplinarian as the Fallen perk, it's pretty meh. I've got a void one which is fine but nothing special.

If you get a solar one, keep it. It's decent in solar nightfalls. Better than the solar jewel at least. Nothing beats VoC though.

neoism

My Titan is level 7. "Just like old times"

yup got my titan to level 10 holy shiiiieet the story is ridiculously boring to do over again...
not sure why they make leveling sooooo damn slow with the story...but you get 4k for every pvp game... i mostly got level 10 from pvp...

when the hell can i do crucible quests.... I only have 3 but they are always grayed out... I ill more than likey get to 20 before i even et close to the end of the story and just wont even bother...
:/

Can anyone on Xbox please help with Xyor?

I can barely do the first room solo.

I really need this thorn for trials

My gamertag is BluePhazon1337

yup got my titan to level 10 holy shiiiieet the story is ridiculously boring to do over again...
not sure why they make level sooooo damn slow with the story... i mostly got level 10 from pvp...

when the hell can i do crucible quests.... I only have 3 but they are always grayed out... I ill more than likey get to 20 before i even et close to the end of the story and just wont even bother...
:/

Yeah I am level 18 now. :p and holy shit it is boring

deafmedal

Fresh HM CE. One spot left!

1. deaf
2. SonComet
3. Fracas
4. TheTurboFD
5. Dunlop
6. ms1582

Fun run guys, got a 2nd OE, 6th Ghally (3rd this week), 2nd WoC and ?th TLW (2nd this week), along with a couple pieces of gear. Thanks for being patient while we figured out sword! That was my first real attempt on hard- so close that one time. Would be cool to do a HM sword class, I know it was discussed before *wink, nudge*

Did get a "Graverobber", didn't have that yet so yay!

Hope y'all had fun, and somebody got something good... :)

TheTurboFD

Fun run guys, got a 2nd OE, 6th Ghally (3rd this week), 2nd WoC and ?th TLW (2nd this week), along with a couple pieces of gear. Thanks for being patient while we figured out sword! That was my first real attempt on hard- so close that one time. Would be cool to do a HM sword class, I know it was discussed before *wink, nudge*

Did get a "Graverobber", didn't have that yet so yay!

Hope y'all had fun, and somebody got something good... :)

Ill trade you my suros regime i got in that raid for your ghally :[

what's so good about them

They make Scatter grenades basically like a nade with Wolfpack rounds. Good for both PvE and PvP. It's basically an insta kill in PvP and allows you to carry 2. Not only that, orbs let your nade cooldown fill up faster. To top it off, it's intellect and discipline.

Uhh is my game glitched?

I'm at Phogoth for the Xyor bounty, but there's no enemies around.

I killed all the enemies in the beginning, then broke his chains, which spawned some acolytes, and then I killed them too. Now there's no enemies at all. Wtf. I've been waiting for 5 minutes now and it's just an empty room with phogoth

Edit: nvm they spawned

LiK

They make Scatter grenades basically like a nade with Wolfpack rounds. Good for both PvE and PvP. It's basically an insta kill in PvP and allows you to carry 2. Not only that, orbs let your nade cooldown fill up faster. To top it off, it's intellect and discipline.

So that's what kept killing me in Trials whenever I see Warlocks with them. I want them too.

Ryck

We made it through Skolas after 2 hours earlier. Never again. PoE isn't for me.
Yeah I heard about that, I was only running it for the other guys. It's just not worth the trouble. Did you get anything? Danny got the scout in Solar which is kinda redundant haha.

coy

I try and refrain from complaining but the lag in Crucible has been downright atrocious. Stop with the frequent maintenance if no remedy to this nonsense is being implemented.

OkayRene

Yeah, it seems like everyone who was interested either disappeared or it got too late for them so no worries, we can do it whenever. Sometime this weekend.

Sorry about that, I got really focused on leveling up my Warlock. Went from 6 yesterday to 31 tonight, woo!

Uhh is my game glitched?

I'm at Phogoth for the Xyor bounty, but there's no enemies around.

I killed all the enemies in the beginning, then broke his chains, which spawned some acolytes, and then I killed them too. Now there's no enemies at all. Wtf. I've been waiting for 5 minutes now and it's just an empty room with phogoth

Adds show up based on phogoth's health. Keep working him. The drop ship you want comes in when he's real low... maybe 10%.

deafmedal

Ill trade you my suros regime i got in that raid for your ghally :[

Back in the day Suros was the drop. I got my first Ghally the Friday Xur sold it (first purple drop, random engram during strike) and would have traded it for Suros ;) Auto rifles were great, Bungie fucked that up heh. I still get killed by Suros from time to time :)

I wouldn't say no against Purifier Robes, can't seem to get it out of exotic engrams.
Bones of Eao would be great as well.

I agree w this assessment. Only two HoW exotics I'm missing now. Got a Kherpis Sting w a better stat roll from a legendary engram yesterday, so that's... something.

Sorry about that, I got really focused on leveling up my Warlock. Went from 6 yesterday to 31 tonight, woo!

No worries bro, the timing didn't seem to work out for enough of the 8+ people. I don't think we ever had more than 3 at once who were ready to go, lol. I saw you playing your low level alt, glad you made some progress!

Frenden

Banned
Started using Nothing Manacles on a max Int/Dis build in PvP today. With Annhilate and Bloom, they really rip face.

It's hard to give up the Ram, though. You get spoiled by that 20% armor buff.

I try and refrain from complaining but the lag in Crucible has been downright atrocious. Stop with the frequent maintenance if no remedy to this nonsense is being implemented.

It's really bizarre. Almost seems like it gets worse over time. Definitely doesn't get better, I can't remember another online MP that was so consistently bad.

VoG hard

1. Deathjr.
2. Ji66a man
3. Thenal84

3 spots..

I'm down. Will sign on in 2 min.

OkayRene

I noticed you were 31, that was super fast. Did you already have Warlock legendary / exotic gear?

Yeah, I've been stashing exotic armor for some time now. I ran out of vault space, so I figured it was time to delete that second Titan. :p

I'm currently rocking the Ram, Varicks boots, FWC chest, and rando blue gaunts.

Rest of the exotics I got so far:

Apotheosis Veil
Light Beyond Nemesis
Obsidian Mind
Skull of Dire Ahamkara

Heart of the Praxic Fire
Purifier Robes

I used to hate on Warlocks, but I'm kinda digging the Voidwalker. Even with just the Focused Burst jump, I feel like I can get a ton of movement in and out of fights in PvP by jump-canceling the way I do with my Titan.

I need to find some good purple Gaunts before attempting to be competitive in Trials this weekend.

LiK

It's really bizarre. Almost seems like it gets worse over time. Definitely doesn't get better, I can't remember another online MP that was so consistently bad.

I'm down. Will sign on in 2 min.

I'm coming. Fuck sleep. I wanna see if I get exotics

moris

Yeah I heard about that, I was only running it for the other guys. It's just not worth the trouble. Did you get anything? Danny got the scout in Solar which is kinda redundant haha.

I didn't get anything from Skolas. Never did and probably never will because like you said, not worth the trouble. I only jump in if people are in need of a third.

Also, good job on the hm CE run guys. Thank you for being patient with us scrubby swordwielders D:

Thanks again for doing the Vault tour Hawkian, and to the rest of the crew for a successful run! Was a lot of fun, and nice to do it relaxed to get a little sightseeing along the way.

Yes, thank you! That was a fun and informative walkthrough by Hawkian. Helpful for all the crazy circumstances it throws at you. I appreciate finally getting to take a crack at it with such a great crew.

I'll be around to take another try (I need my raid trophies!) or attempt The Dark Below. PSN: Cedricknave. Just PM/add me mentioning NeoGaf in the request. I just bought the discounted expansion this afternoon so I'm still rooting around and seeing what's new.

Ryck

Got Destiny for PS3 today and I was amazed how even my checkpoints from the ps4 version transferred over, the dlc packs didn't tho, I am guessing they want me to rebuy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom