• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitsurugi

Yesterday RNGesus blessed me.

Gunsmith luck:

had 25k glimmer, 700 or so weapon parts. Motes i got too many.

Rolled my old Effidet, got:
- scumbaggy final round
- double down
- Shortgaze
- middle collumn field scout or perfect balance

Super-scumbaggy 24 rounds of sniper in round1? Hell yeah, then swap to perfect balance.

Then i rolled Matador-64:
aggressive ballistics, SP (ofc), increase range/decrease stability, lucky shot (wanted kneeepads, but hell, those lucky shots can 1 shot a bladedancer!)

BTRD:
- rangefinder, hidden hand, max stability, snapshot.

Cost?
About 3k glimmer and a few weapon parts.

Gunsmith felt sorry for my super expensive her benevolence and party crasher rolls, which cost me 200k glimmer or more. True story sadly.

Back in The halo days, I always hoped they would implement an action that would allow you to as a corpse, stab anybody who crouches over your body. Sort of a "crotch attack" for teabaggers.

Well, the raid is settled for Sunday then, so I can readjust my weekend schedule and do the weekly cleaning on Saturday (which is my binge gaming day if there are no plans).

I still haven't tried Prison of Elders. Does it reuse maps? The way I understand it, it is an arena for PvE?

ocean

Banned
My most treasured gun in the game. I'd dismantle any Exotic before parting with this. I wouldn't change a single perk on it. My favorite sights, extra ammo, Snapshot for quick aiming that can often avoid a trade and land me a kill instead, and Final Round to make sure that last bullet counts.

LDR 5001
Ambush
Double Down
Snapshot/Perfect Balance
Final Round

26hH20i.jpg

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before The Traveler, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my City. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is the Tower's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Nuszka

Played some destiny trials version on x360 and I have to say bungie did a great work keeping most of the assets on last gen consoles, think it's the best looking 360 game I have seen so far. How is the vanilla weapons and gear still available there I do not know.. Anyway I had tons of fun starting a fresh guardian and came to a realisation that I don't play destiny for pecking on content like a pigeon but mostly for fun I absolutely love it , playing online with gaffers, heaving a lough. Currently I'm tempted on scrapping my male exo warlock for a female awoken , wish I could customise the looks of guardians. Btw xur hope you better deliver as you were the only reason I left my ps4 on standby - need those HoW hunter boots and helmet.

Never knew you were Marcello. Can never figure out who is who with these different names. Used a month or so to configure my brains to the DrDrizz aka Boguester nick ^^

Tell me about it, I keep forgetting to ask Ghaleon for a name change, hopefully memorialize the Boguester nick in the Member tag somehow. One online identity would be nice, and PSN wins by default since we can't change it.

Nuszka

Not even worth logging in tbh, some might get the purifier robs , for me nothing worth of notice. Next week we have to get some hunter gear , we had the gauntlets so it's time for the other two , or is it just wishful thinking.

so... whats the point of buying more than 1 exotic from xur considering i can only equip one at a time?

Swap them out when the situation calls for it, they all have different benefits for different scenarios and play styles.

Yep, some are PvE focused, others PvP focused. Some are pretty bad regardless, but many have specific uses and people swap them out a lot.

Trials of Osiris gives several over looked Exotics like Lucky Raspberry and the Crest of Alpha Lupi new life as they are very useful in Elimination.

noomi

Aha well, bought some heavy ammo packs from Xur and that about wraps it up. He has nothing I need this week....

Going to do daily story and crucible

I can't seem to get any of the new helms damnit. Just bought 4 more helms, 2 helms of inmost, 1 knuklehead and another Light Beyond.

Make that 2 knucleheads...

Carn82

Last night I couldnt sleep so I decided to just do the three weeklies (had not played Destiny this week). During my third run with my 32 Warlock I got matched with two level 34 Guardians both rocking 365 Vision of Confluences, Black Hammers and Gjallarhorns. That shit was done reallllllll quick ^_^

Not sure if I should buy anything from Xur or keep the money. I could buy the purifier robes, but since I don't have a legendary helmet yet I'd have to stick again with a blue one.

Could buy stuff for an alt, though. Having a 32 Warlock, should I go for the Titan or the Hunter?

Shito

Last night I couldnt sleep so I decided to just do the three weeklies (had not played Destiny this week). During my third run with my 32 Warlock I got matched with two level 34 Guardians both rocking 365 Vision of Confluences, Black Hammers and Gjallarhorns. That shit was done reallllllll quick ^_^
Speaking of which, I wonder how the matchmaking work for those?
Yesterday I helped a friend who started playing Destiny again a few days ago, he's 29 and I carried him on the weekly so he could get strange coins to buy an exotic at Xur today. We got matched with another 29, who was waiting alone at the beginning of the first phase. Watching the game's log on bungie.net afterwards, I see there were 3 other people that were there before, all 29s and 30s... This is the first time I was matched with low level people on the weekly, so I wonder if there's some kind of level check where the game tries to match you with the same levels as you...
I was 34 with 365 VoC, BH and Horn, so it went faaaast as well. ^^

ocean

Banned
so... whats the point of buying more than 1 exotic from xur considering i can only equip one at a time?
What makes Exotics, well, Exotic, is that they have unique perks. They may be totally useless in one scenario and amazing for another. I'll give you an example.

The Hunter chest piece on sale this week is the Crest of Alpha Lupi. It lets you revive friends and be revived way more quickly than normal. When playing Skirmish this helps a little. When playing Trials of Osiris it's just amazing and can mean the difference between a clutch comeback and a loss. If you're playing Trials, this is an extremely solid option.

Now let's say you and some buddies wanna play Clash. There's no revives in Clash. All of a sudden this Exotic is way less attractive. You might be inclined to use Lucky Raspberry instead, or Knucklehead Radar.

The point is, Exotics are designed to have perks which are extremely useful for specific situations. Outside a few generally underwhelming ones, all Exotics have a shining moment.

One of the most interesting aspects of the game is strategizing around your Exotic choices. Picking one means leaving another. Do I want double grenades or faster revives? A fourth Golden Gun shot or the ability to go invisible while Gunslinger? Spawn with enhanced Axion Bolt or have double enhanced Scatter grenades?

Bungie has done a far better job in making most Exotic armor useful than with the weapons. As a rule of thumb, you can just assume that every Exotic armor is worth owning.

Kyoufu

Tempted to blow my motes on engrams for Obsidian Mind. It's the only helm I need though.

What do you guys think? Is the helm worth it?

Carn82

Speaking of which, I wonder how the matchmaking work for those?
Yesterday I helped a friend who started playing Destiny again a few days ago, he's 29 and I carried him on the weekly so he could get strange coins to buy an exotic at Xur today. We got matched with another 29, who was waiting alone at the beginning of the first phase. Watching the game's log on bungie.net afterwards, I see there were 3 other people that were there before, all 29s and 30s... This is the first time I was matched with low level people on the weekly, so I wonder if there's some kind of level check where the game tries to match you with the same levels as you...
I was 34 with 365 VoC, BH and Horn, so it went faaaast as well. ^^

Hmm I dunno. We all were in the same Grimoire-range tho; I sometimes wonder if that accounts for something. But then again, I've had enough strikes with < 3000 score Guardians (or level 29s). I think that it's just pretty random within a set range.

Not sure if I should buy anything from Xur or keep the money. I could buy the purifier robes, but since I don't have a legendary helmet yet I'd have to stick again with a blue one.

Could buy stuff for an alt, though. Having a 32 Warlock, should I go for the Titan or the Hunter?

I would suggest to buy exotic blindly which you dont have, legendary gears are easily available on tower and can be bought later-on.

Go with hunter with bladedancer later-on start titan.

ocean

Banned
Yep, some are PvE focused, others PvP focused. Some are pretty bad regardless, but many have specific uses and people swap them out a lot.

Trials of Osiris gives several over looked Exotics like Lucky Raspberry and the Crest of Alpha Lupi new life as they are very useful in Elimination.
Hey Lucky Raspberry has been a top tier PvP choice since forever :p Spawning with enhanced grenades = sogood.gif

ocean

Banned

The Purifier Robes are 42 Light straight out of the box, which is fantastic while you're still trying to level up. Moreover, it is a super useful Exotic that's definitely worth owning. It's only got 3 upgrade bubbles and they're all pretty cheap, you'll have it upgraded in no time.

I'd suggest you buy it and just grab a Legendary Helm from a vendor as soon as you have the marks. Since you're level 32, make sure to run the Daily Heroic missions at 32 for a nice Mark reward.

The Hunter piece on sale is pretty good but if your Alts are still low level I wouldn't start buying stuff for them until you really feel you're set with your main. Besides, Alpha Lupi is an old Exotic meaning it has a very long, grindy upgrade tree that requires a ton of XP and planetary materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom