• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtCobra

Welp, 300 motes and no Obsidian Mind. :(
Man, I could've told you not to use your precious motes on shit like that... but I was too late... The chances of getting your desired exotic helmet are pretty small so I'm not gonna bother with that.
You could've used all those motes on unsuccessfully rerolling a weapon, think of the rage you could've brought upon yourself :(
What a waste.

Thanks to the guys who helped me through VoG HM last night - my first raid in Destiny!

It was pretty fun - the bosses weren't too spongy, but maybe that's because my team all had really pro gear.

The one thing I would say is there were 2 sections - one with some disappearing platforms and one after the first boss - that seemed a little... easy? The floating platforms I jumped on the first one, then jumped again and just glided to the end, the other section was just a straight drop for about 2 minutes.

Overall though it was pretty fun! Nice group of guys to play with and got a couple of trophies for my troubles (and some shards which I guess are good?)

Congrats on your first raid and good to know you had fun.

You're referring to the Gorgon maze and the Jumping puzzle - more guardians have died and wiped there than at any other encounter in Destiny :p

Thanks to the guys who helped me through VoG HM last night - my first raid in Destiny!

It was pretty fun - the bosses weren't too spongy, but maybe that's because my team all had really pro gear.

The one thing I would say is there were 2 sections - one with some disappearing platforms and one after the first boss - that seemed a little... easy? The floating platforms I jumped on the first one, then jumped again and just glided to the end, the other section was just a straight drop for about 2 minutes.

Overall though it was pretty fun! Nice group of guys to play with and got a couple of trophies for my troubles (and some shards which I guess are good?)

2 minutes lol.

I don't think the Gorgon drop is supposed to be hard, but it does catch people out occasionally. :p

Jumping puzzle isn't hard either. Some people just have a really bad time with it for whatever reason.

nOoblet16

The disappearing platform can be done in multiple ways, it's harder for other classes if you but they have their own ways of doing it. It's hard entirely because people do not bother to learn much about the jump/boost mechanic and don't pay much attention to it...so they are unfamiliar with their own class' jump timings. I remember this guy who had 3 warlocks but didn't even know that he could gain a lot of height to his jump if he pressed jump twice quickly...he only used to use his jump for gliding.

And the drop that comes after the first boss i.e. the Templar isn't suppose to be a puzzle..plus there are two paths, the hidden path is a lot more fun.

Moobabe

2 minutes lol.

I don't think the Gorgon drop is supposed to be hard, but it does catch people out occasionally. :p

Jumping puzzle isn't hard either. Some people just have a really bad time with it for whatever reason.

Congrats on your first raid and good to know you had fun.

You're referring to the Gorgon maze and the Jumping puzzle - more guardians have died and wiped there than at any other encounter in Destiny :p

Yeah I think I triggered the Gorgon on my first time through - was not sure what I was supposed to be doing at all! Second time wasn't too bad - got the kill for my grimoire as well!

Made me realise how bad my gear is though! I got a couple of legendary bits - a gun and a helmet - but I think both were worse that what I already had.

The disappearing platform can be done in multiple ways, it's harder for other classes if you but they have their own ways of doing it.

And the drop that comes after the first boss i.e. the Templar isn't suppose to be a puzzle..plus there are two paths, the hidden path is a lot more fun.

Ah ok - I was a little behind everyone else so maybe I missed it!

Lnkn52

2 minutes lol.

Not everyone is gifted with eye coordination and foot /jumping skills Mrs. Lionel Messi.

Yeah I think I triggered the Gorgon on my first time through - was not sure what I was supposed to be doing at all! Second time wasn't too bad - got the kill for my grimoire as well!

Made me realise how bad my gear is though! I got a couple of legendary bits - a gun and a helmet - but I think both were worse that what I already had.

Which gun?!
Not everyone is gifted with eye coordination and foot /jumping skills Mrs. Lionel Messi.

lol it's all about timing, lnkn.

Carn82

The Archive mission on Venus. Keep a Heroic checkpoint on that mission and it's easy as heck to get that bounty in a few minutes.

That, and the first HoW mission is good as well (takes a bit longer tho, but that might result into some more engram drops)

Moobabe

Oh, sorry about that. :/

It's decent.

I don't think it's as good as the legendary I have which was from some quest from the Reef. Still - a good time was had by all!

Plus reading that Kotaku piece about ToO makes me wanna play that - but the gear requirements... man.. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Exotic weapon collection complete!

Surprisingly great Xur week for me. I can stop feeling annoyed that I didn't buy Plan C months ago when Xur sold it over and over. Purifier Robes means I'm only missing, like many of you, Bones of Eao.

I'm somewhat sad that I no longer have a carrot to chase. I'll still do Crota/DS and Atheon for fun but I'll miss that sense of expectation for a drop.

Carn82

Also, isn't most of Yellowstone sitting on a giant caldera, that when it explodes, will shroud the Earth in years of darkness? That stuff is pretty hardcore.

Motherfucker... I spent over 300 motes last time he sold Chest engrams to get Purifier Robes and only got one. Now he's selling them with a better roll than mine!

Gonna have to buy a pair...

Waldini

On Vacation. Going to Yellowstone.
10hr drive today ;___;

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

^lol I'm the worst. Thanks for not giving up hope Nami :)

Also, isn't most of Yellowstone sitting on a giant caldera, that when it explodes, will shroud the Earth in years of darkness? That stuff is pretty hardcore.

There are many tales told throughout Yellowstone National Park to frighten children. Lately, those tales have stopped.

Now... the children are frightened anyway. The Darkness is coming back.

Morning DGAF!

Bought the purifier robes and eternal warrior from Xur. Then I rolled a celestial nighthawk for my Hunter. Three new exotics for me. You did good today Xur, you did good.

I'm ready for some Trials tonight! I need those exile helmets across the board.

Edit: also popped an Etheric Light on my chosen last night with Preformance Bonus, Snapshot, Send It, Perfect Balance, and Final Round.

Carn82

There are many tales told throughout Yellowstone National Park to frighten children. Lately, those tales have stopped.

Now... the children are frightened anyway. The Darkness is coming back.

Be brave, Yellowstone-visiting Guardians!

on the topic of Yellowstone, I always liked this alternative ending to the Yogi Bear movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6w0r-ScEG4

( and yes I know this is a parody and yes I know that in the series it's called Jellystone)

ocean

Banned
Still missing Celestial Nighthawkian and The Ram. Really want The Ram though I never use my Warlock anyways.

Sont wanna gamble Motes. I'll just wait for Xûr to sell them. One day..

Lucky you. No vacations for me until the end of 2016, and in August I will limit myself to one day trips to nearby places or hiking the local places (the joys of living in a valley with small mountains and hills everywhere). Still worn out (specially in the wallet) after Thailand in November.

And damn, there are like thousands of places in the U.S. I'd like to see...

BTW, Am I the only one that on important days always has a charge cable for the DS4 connected to the console or charger, ready to hook it in case I run out of power? It woud not be the first time I die while looking for the usb cable and the elongator.

swnny

Just gave in and ordered the expansion pass for 30% off.
Looking forward to be able to play with fellow gafers unlimited by the lack of expansions... at least until The Taken King hits.

PSN is swnnyh, shoot me a msg.

Not a caldera exactly, but the whole area is believed to be a super volcano.

Mass extinction event if it goes off.

It's the weekend!

You know what that means! :D

Drizzay's Weekly Reminder

Where be that Thunderlord Post, Ser Drizzay?

You're the one who already set the expectation that it won't be posted until Narmerquest is complete.

Each day that goes by without the post just increases the hype for it

Which comes first.

1. Drizzy Thunderlord Post
2. Narmerquest Complete
3. Yellowstone Super Volcano Erupts

LiK

Nothing from Xur I want since I own them all already. I own or have owned every fucking exotic in this game except Hawkmoon. Fuck this game. I want that gun for PVP and it won't give it to me.

Last night was like a punch to my gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom