• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gammacide

There's also:
A fan at the Tower you can use to make Guardians standings at the Postmaster's roof fly
A memorial to the millions of Fallen who perished to our loot addiction at the Original Loot Cave
And you can turn the postmaster's light on and off in the reef.
Edit: beaten but breathing.

Lnkn52

If this is gonna be a thing you need to update my card with the like a boss face haha.

Should be in the OP as well. Right above guardian lord list for teh lols

Todd2.gif

kiguel182

Well, just did the "kill the Thrall with fusion riffles" part of the TDB quest.

I'm kinda dreading the kill the cursed with your melee attack. Anyone knows a good spot to do that one?

kiguel182

I just realised that the Fusion Rifle I used to complete this part of the quest is the one I'll receive when I complete it ahah I guess I must have gotten it randomly.

Oh well, I think I'll still finish the quest unless I get super stuck in some part and then move on to the story quests in HoW.

EDIT: Wait, I got that wrong. Murmur was the one I got for the first batch of quests. I think.

Well, just did the "kill the Thrall with fusion riffles" part of the TDB quest.

I'm kinda dreading the kill the cursed with your melee attack. Anyone knows a good spot to do that one?

I would pick on any cursed I saw on the Hive are you access from Anchor of Light. I just was careful to trim any other thing near them and make sure nobody could int erfere while doing it. Depending on the distance I performed the meele I would lose between 50 and 75% of the life bar. And this is the easy part.

I did not get the murmur at the end of this quest, but a piece of armor (that sucked).

I've been searching for a Hopscotch and landed a KAU8 Constellation Scar yesterday. Is it worth rolling? Or do I keep on searching? Having fun on Dragon so I don't mind either way.

5JjW9uz.png

Raawwwrrr, noooo! What have you done? A quick perusal of his recent posts didn't show any red flags, probably a self-imposed ban for IRL reasons. Hopefully.

Well since no one has responded to my post, I guess I'll head off to do some solo Skirmish. Let's see if my back is strong enough.

Streaming here for a bit: twitch.tv/namikaze01

Not sure when I'll be able to get online but I'd be down for either Skirmish or Salvage in preparation for Trials if you and/or others are around then. How long will you be playing?

LiK

5JjW9uz.png

Raawwwrrr, noooo! What have you done? A quick perusal of his recent posts didn't show any red flags, probably a self-imposed ban for IRL reasons. Hopefully.

Not sure when I'll be able to get online but I'd be down for either Skirmish or Salvage in preparation for Trials if you and/or others are around then. How long will you be playing?

Most likely self-imposed ban. Probably got school stuff.

Why are people saying Blind Watch is the ToO map for this weekend? Was that revealed in some way?

Based on the map rotation so far: it's been a new planet each week. They did one map on all 6 planets, so last week was back to BShrine which is the only Mercury map. If the cycle holds (assuming they don't repeat unless they have to), then today would be either BW or Firebase.

edit: but it's still all speculation based on a very small sample size. It's not like they'd have to go in the same order of planets every time even if they were rotating a new planet each week.

BokehKing

Banned
That Red Death though. Pretty sure all the weapons have been sold multiple times already so what do you expect? Only Thunderlord & Gjallarhorn have been sold once.

I guess everyone is still holding out that Gjallarhorn hope.
Nah I just have this friend who started and I want him to get icebreaker, missed it by a week last time.

I just hope increases the amount of exotics in ttk

Definitely don't think gjallarhorn should be sold.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks again Hawkian for that walk through of VoG NM last night. I had never seen 2 of those encounters (one being the Gorgon maze), so it was nice to get a taste of that. Excited to do HM at some point! That said, you taught us about checkpoint magic for chests, so if nothing else, I'll have to try and steal that from someone before reset (I don't think I'll have leveled my gear enough by then to feel comfortable in HM).

Onto general progression, what do I do to start obtaining better/strong weapons? Is it just luck? Or just run bounties and such for rep to buy better guns?

I just realised that the Fusion Rifle I used to complete this part of the quest is the one I'll receive when I complete it ahah I guess I must have gotten it randomly.

Oh well, I think I'll still finish the quest unless I get super stuck in some part and then move on to the story quests in HoW.

EDIT: Wait, I got that wrong. Murmur was the one I got for the first batch of quests. I think.

Like Apple said, you only get an armor piece at the end (kinda crappy Light 33 Gauntlets). Definitely not worth doing just for that, you can buy better stuff with marks at the Tower vendors. The only caveat is that the final mission in the quest line is super duper fun and everyone should do it at least once imo.

Namikaze1

5JjW9uz.png

Till Trials starts.

milkham

5JjW9uz.png

he asked for a two month ban

Thanks again Hawkian for that walk through of VoG NM last night. I had never seen 2 of those encounters (one being the Gorgon maze), so it was nice to get a taste of that. Excited to do HM at some point! That said, you taught us about checkpoint magic for chests, so if nothing else, I'll have to try and steal that from someone before reset (I don't think I'll have leveled my gear enough by then to feel comfortable in HM).

Onto general progression, what do I do to start obtaining better/strong weapons? Is it just luck? Or just run bounties and such for rep to buy better guns?

bolded -> Hawkian has gone to the dark side...

As for weapons, running raids is a great way, especially hard mode. A lot of the best legendary weapons in the game drop from the two raids, some of which are exclusive to hard mode (e.g. Fatebringer in VoG), some are exclusive to normal mode (e.g. Black Hammer in CE) and some are found in either difficulty (e.g. Vision of Confluence in VoG).

You can buy stuff from the Tower using marks, get stuff to drop in random Crucible matches or Strike playlists, or drops from Prison of Elders chests. But most of these are not as good as the raid stuff, and will require you to get lucky with the perks either on the drop itself or by re-rolling at the Gunsmith.

You need to be level 3 with a given Tower faction to buy their weapons so that requires a lot of reputation grinding mainly through bounties. The only downside for raid weapons is that it depends on lucky RNG and you can only run each raid once per week per character. If you run normal mode first, you can run hard after and still get drops but not vice versa.

he asked for a two month ban

Good to know, thanks for the heads up milkham!

kiguel182

Like Apple said, you only get an armor piece at the end (kinda crappy Light 33 Gauntlets). Definitely not worth doing just for that, you can buy better stuff with marks at the Tower vendors. The only caveat is that the final mission in the quest line is super duper fun and everyone should do it at least once imo.

Yeah, I'm not doing it for the loot but more to do that extra mission. And I do like some of the challenges and they allow me to do different stuff.

And hell, if I payed 35 euros for this I better do as much as I can ahah

Yeah, I'm not doing it for the loot but more to do that extra mission. And I do like some of the challenges and they allow me to do different stuff.

And hell, if I payed 35 euros for this I better do as much as I can ahah

haha yeah for sure, that's a good attitude to take. I can't believe the prices they charge you folks, 35 euros is absurd. Total nonsense that they don't use basic currency conversion.

The second to last part of the quest can be tricky to finish solo unless you have the right gear, so just post here if you get stuck and someone should be able to help. I might use it as an excuse to finish that quest on my other two characters, lol. So tired on seeing that permanent green exclamation point over Eris.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So I leveled up my Last Word to the last exotic perk in the tree and tried using it in PvP yesterday. What's the key to using this weapon and being effective? Should I not be ADS'ing? Seems like I was getting killed quick when other people were wrecking me with it.

I went back to Thorn after that

LiK

Last night's VoG reminded me how long and boring the whole defending the conflux section was. Two rounds max would've sufficed.

Skele7on

Banned
As far as a solid GAF team, I would nominate Unstable, Wicked and Drizzay. Also, Tears, Robinson and Blaze.

Would love to watch

Unstable-Zoba-Wicked-recks-Rubenov-Drizzay etc (lots of other pro mode players too many to list all) vs. LTJohn and Invigorate.

As a part of Invigorate I can make this happen. It'd be a laugh too! Let me make some arrangements and we'll work on times!

PuMa

Based on the map rotation so far: it's been a new planet each week. They did one map on all 6 planets, so last week was back to BShrine which is the only Mercury map. If the cycle holds (assuming they don't repeat unless they have to), then today would be either BW or Firebase.

edit: but it's still all speculation based on a very small sample size. It's not like they'd have to go in the same order of planets every time even if they were rotating a new planet each week.

Or Pantheon again.

ocean

Banned
So I leveled up my Last Word to the last exotic perk in the tree and tried using it in PvP yesterday. What's the key to using this weapon and being effective? Should I not be ADS'ing? Seems like I was getting killed quick when other people were wrecking me with it.

I went back to Thorn after that
It's so different from other Hand Cannons that it has a fairly pronounced learning curve. Playing effectively with it requires practice. To ADS or not, to Auto Fire or not, will depend on the situation. The only way to understand how to approach each engagement is by practice.

It'll take a while but it pays off. It's the best PvP primary in the game. Took me dozens of games but I am never looking back now.

purg3

slept with Malkin
It's so different from other Hand Cannons that it has a fairly pronounced learning curve. Playing effectively with it requires practice. To ADS or not, to Auto Fire or not, will depend on the situation. The only way to understand how to approach each engagement is by practice.

It'll take a while but it pays off. It's the best PvP primary in the game.

I kind of figured that, guess I'll put in some crucible work with it over the weekend. Would like to have a few weapon backups once the eventual Thorn nerf drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom