• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

You're the one who already set the expectation that it won't be posted until Narmerquest is complete.

Which comes first.

1. Drizzy Thunderlord Post
2. Narmerquest Complete
3. Yellowstone Super Volcano Erupts
You're missing Unstable getting Black Hammer on PS4 and LiK getting Hawkmoon.

And my Necrochasm Buff.

Moobabe

The one thing I meant to ask re: Raiding

Are there specific builds I should be looking to go? Like if I choose Sunsinger are there certain traits I should prioritise over others?

Ji66a-Man

Helping Unstable with his Nightfalls and Weekly Heroics on Xbone.

NF1: Suros Regime
NF2: Gjallarhorn #2 (sharded)
NF3: Suros Regime #2 (sharded)

Last night, poor Lik opened the Gorgon chest at the exact same time as fellow Gaffer Rc. One of them got a Hawkmoon. It was RNGsus at his most brutal.

I'd much prefer Firebase over Blind Watch. I actually really like that map for 3v3. PSA if it is Firebase: the cap point spawns on top of the platform that's suspended from the ceiling in that big main room (between the two heavy spawns, right outside the window to B point).

Namikaze1

Last night, poor Lik opened the Gorgon chest at the exact same time as fellow Gaffer Rc. One of them got a Hawkmoon. It was RNGsus at his most brutal.

I'd much prefer Firebase over Blind Watch. I actually really like that map for 3v3. PSA if it is Firebase: the cap point spawns on top of the platform that's suspended from the ceiling in that big main room (between the two heavy spawns, right outside the window to B point).
Oh.

Oh dear.

I shouldn't have asked.

ocean

Banned
Since there's no re spawning, where you spawn isn't as big an issue in Elimination as it is in other modes. Spawning C side will still be less than ideal, but without Control points to consider or spawn switching shenanigans it should be good.

I love this map but I suck at it. I find its one of the trickiest maps to use a Sniper Rifle in, and I'm just no good with scumbag Shotguns :(

kiguel182

Finally, Xur day so I can continue this Dark Below quest.

Also, do the exotic engrams guarantee something for my class or is it still like vanilla?

SeanR1221

Should have my Fatebringer to 365 today, ready for Skolas.

I love this weapon. I don't like explosive rounds though. I feel like those throw off my precision.

As a gun slinger, popping off head shots, increasing my stability and reload speed with outlaw increasing the reload speed on top of that and firefly hurting surrounding enemies? Laaaaawwwwddddd

I'll be going to bed soon, but when I get up, I have a few hours to get the Trials Helm for my Hunter and that's it. I will be heading out of town through next reset.

Please GAF, help me. You're my only hope. Just need 3 wins as I will have all the boons purchased.

Carn82

So I'm better of not buying them?

I don't see other uses for Motes of Light so it seems like I won't lose anything either way.

Depends if you already have many exotic [insert class here]. If you have motes to burn just get a few and see what you get. If they're doubles or bad rolls you can shard them, netting you an exotic shard.

And if you're swimming in weapon parts, you can always use motes to re-roll your stuff :)

Owensboro

I don't see other uses for Motes of Light so it seems like I won't lose anything either way.

Worst case, it's a way to turn Motes of Light into Exotic Shards for other pieces of gear. At least, that's how I look at it since I need a ton of Exotic Shards.

Last week I got the Apotheosis Helmet from the engram, same helmet he was selling, so I got lucky, as I did not have enough coins.

Only 9 motes this week, so no lottery for me :(

PuMa

Good PSA.

kiguel182

Depends if you already have many exotic [insert class here]. If you have motes to burn just get a few and see what you get. If they're doubles or bad rolls you can shard them, netting you an exotic shard.

And if you're swimming in weapon parts, you can always use motes to re-roll your stuff :)

Worst case, it's a way to turn Motes of Light into Exotic Shards for other pieces of gear. At least, that's how I look at it since I need a ton of Exotic Shards.

Last week I got the Apotheosis Helmet from the engram, same helmet he was selling, so I got lucky, as I did not have enough coins.

Only 9 motes this week, so no lottery for me :(

I guess I'll buy one then.

I have no pieces of exotic gear anyway.

EDIT: Well, got an Hunter Helmet. I guess I'll just save it in the vault for now.

ocean

Banned

Mainly re rolling weapons at the Gunsmith.

There's 15 Exotic Helms in total, 5 per class. Getting one at random may be worth it if you have few (better chances of getting something new), but if you already have 12-13, the chances of getting the one or two you're missing are slim.

Nighte

VoG HM anyone? Need VoC & FB, feeling that RNGesus will be on my side today. ^_^
My last Destiny play in 3 weeks, I'm off for vacation in a couple of hours. Whooo!

Add yourself, we go when we're full:
1. j0hnny_385

Do like me and get FB and VoC on your first run ever then (normal and hardmode):p (Didnt even know how lucky I was when they dropped:p)
Best of luck :) Id love to come on my hunter(Lvl 30 only) but im still at work for the next 3 hours..:(

th3dude

The problem is that there are so many helmets and the engrams can be for any class, so it is hard to get what you want.

Motes can also be used to reroll weapons.

Arrrammis

The one thing I meant to ask re: Raiding

Are there specific builds I should be looking to go? Like if I choose Sunsinger are there certain traits I should prioritise over others?
Really, its up to your personal play style. If you melee a lot, go strength. If you use a lot of grenades, go discipline. As far as perks go, armor and weapons from each raid have people ks that work best for their raid(e.g. VoG weapons have a damage boost against oracles), so those usually work best for that raid once you get them.

nOoblet16

Since there's no re spawning, where you spawn isn't as big an issue in Elimination as it is in other modes. Spawning C side will still be less than ideal, but without Control points to consider or spawn switching shenanigans it should be good.

I love this map but I suck at it. I find its one of the trickiest maps to use a Sniper Rifle in, and I'm just no good with scumbag Shotguns :(
On some maps a particular side can provide you with some advantage though. Like in Burning Shrine it's better to spawn outside due to many reasons, such as easier access to cap point (cover is available quite close to the point for people on alpha side), the openness and lastly the sun glare.

It's one reason why I push for the team to go outside and set up base on Alpha side as soon as possible if we are Bravo on Burning shirne. It works most of the time but when against a good team who know the importance of setting base up outside it can get a bit tricky.

On widow's court the top spawn (I think Bravo) is hilariously imbalanced because it gives you high ground and it's ridiculous how fast you can get to the other team's heavy in front of the church which is completely open compared to their own heavy which is in a nice little cover next to their spawn.

For most maps though it doesn't matter.

Dunlop

Last night, poor Lik opened the Gorgon chest at the exact same time as fellow Gaffer Rc. One of them got a Hawkmoon.
While I have 2 Hawkmoons, I seem to be the last player in the game without a Gally

It dropped for someone in our ce hm last night and he mentioned it was the 3rd one this week, sob

ocean

Banned

I love this weapon. I don't like explosive rounds though. I feel like those throw off my precision.

As a gun slinger, popping off head shots, increasing my stability and reload speed with outlaw increasing the reload speed on top of that and firefly hurting surrounding enemies? Laaaaawwwwddddd
Explosive Rounds is a bad perk for Fatebringger in PvE.

The way ER works is strange. If you get a body shot on an enemy it'll do 50% extra damage, which is nice. But if you get a critical hit, you get no bonus. Instead, the actual crit is lower (yellow number) and then compensated by Explosive Round damage.

Basically instead of getting a crit for X damage, you now get crit+explosive (two damage ticks) for the same X amount.

The problem is that both Outlaw and Firefly require you to get a kill with the crit in order to proc. so let's say an enemy has (I'll make numbers up) 1,600 health. A Fatebringer crit does 1900. Land the crit and both Firefly and Outlaw will proc. beautiful.

If you use Explosive Rounds, the crit will do, say, 1300 damage and Explosive Rounds will do 600. You did the same 1900 as before, but the crit alone wasn't enough to get the kill. The game will not register it as a precision kill since it was the white Explosive damage which killed, not the yellow crit damage. Result: no Outlaw, no Firefly proc.

Field Scout always on FB.

Helping Unstable with his Nightfalls and Weekly Heroics on Xbone.

NF1: Suros Regime
NF2: Gjallarhorn #2 (sharded)

If only it were October... I'll never understand his resistance to having one Horn per character. The app is easy etc etc but I love having a Horn in every Guardian's inventory. Just feels right. I rarely swap weapons anyway, just use whatever each character has except for Trials and PoE 35.

Yeah never been a big fan of Explosive Rounds either, plus they can mess up the Firefly perk. Field Scout only gives 1 more bullet in the mag but a lot more in reserve, and I actually like Single Point Sling for faster strafing while ADS'ing on fools' heads.

If you need help w Skolas and I'm around I can lend a hand (and a Horn), although priority to folks who still need the loot. Managed to get 3 new Guardian's into the Skolas Killer Club yesterday, more the merrier who can snag that snazzy Year 1 emblem.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
anyone wanna help me with daily heroic? I'm a bit underleveled so the last bit is kicking my ass. PSN: ultrajari, fireteam is open so just jump in.

edit: thanks Bardelius!

What!? After all my time spend in Destiny and the tower I only just found out you can play music in the bar in the hanger. How to I not find this sooner?

While I have 2 Hawkmoons, I seem to be the last player in the game without a Gally

It dropped for someone in our ce hm last night and he mentioned it was the 3rd one this week, sob

Lol trust me, you are not the last one in the #forevernoHorn club. It's shameful how many hours I played before getting my last White Whale exotic, although thankfully it was only the Thunderlord and not the mighty Horn or even the coveted (if slightly diminished) Hawkmoon.

nOoblet16

Explosive Rounds is a bad perk for Fatebringger in PvE.

The way ER works is strange. If you get a body shot on an enemy it'll do 50% extra damage, which is nice. But if you get a critical hit, you get no bonus. Instead, the actual crit is lower (yellow number) and then compensated by Explosive Round damage.

Basically instead of getting a crit for X damage, you now get crit+explosive (two damage ticks) for the same X amount.

The problem is that both Outlaw and Firefly require you to get a kill with the crit in order to proc. so let's say an enemy has (I'll make numbers up) 1,600 health. A Fatebringer crit does 1900. Land the crit and both Firefly and Outlaw will proc. beautiful.

If you use Explosive Rounds, the crit will do, say, 1300 damage and Explosive Rounds will do 600. You did the same 1900 as before, but the crit alone wasn't enough to get the kill. The game will not register it as a precision kill since it was the white Explosive damage which killed, not the yellow crit damage. Result: no Outlaw, no Firefly proc.

Field Scout always on FB.
I think ER is better overall.

Namikaze1

If only it were October... I'll never understand his resistance to having one Horn per character. The app is easy etc etc but I love having a Horn in every Guardian's inventory. Just feels right. I rarely swap weapons anyway, just use whatever each character has except for Trials and PoE 35.
I have a horn, Hawkmoon, and Fatebringer for each.

Though only one of the Hawkmoons is maxed out.

ocean

Banned
What!? After all my time spend in Destiny and the tower I only just found out you can play music in the bar in the hanger. How to I not find this sooner?
There's also:
A fan at the Tower you can use to make Guardians standings at the Postmaster's roof fly
A memorial to the millions of Fallen who perished to our loot addiction at the Original Loot Cave

I'll be going to bed soon, but when I get up, I have a few hours to get the Trials Helm for my Hunter and that's it. I will be heading out of town through next reset.

Please GAF, help me. You're my only hope. Just need 3 wins as I will have all the boons purchased.

What time will you be available? Haven't confirmed yet but I assume I'll be doing our usual Stabie, Wicked and the Driz runs from 1 to ~4pm EST. if Wicked's internet cooperates we'll be done by 5 at the latest then I could hopefully help out a little. Ideally snag another decent player to tag along, although 3 wins isn't a tall order.

Top O' the Pops Edit:

CCyHbk0VEAAJq8P.jpg:large

#NotOnlyWarlocks Edit:

There's also:
A fan at the Tower you can use to make Guardians standings at the Postmaster's roof fly
A memorial to the millions of Fallen who perished to our loot addiction at the Original Loot Cave

I knew about those and the lightswitch in the reef, but somehow missed the music in the bar. Hope for the future, country destiny, siege of madrigal. This is amazing.

PuMa

It wasn't there from the beginning. It was in one of the big patches a few months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom