• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
I kind of figured that, guess I'll put in some crucible work with it over the weekend. Would like to have a few weapon backups once the eventual Thorn nerf drops.
If your main goal is mitigating the inevitable nerf of the God tier HCs you'd be better off practicing with a high impact Pulse Rifle (ew) like Red Death, Hopscotch Pilgrim, The Messenger, 3 Little Words or Spare Change. Chances are The Last Word will also suffer whenever Thorn gets Suros'd.

OkayRene

So I leveled up my Last Word to the last exotic perk in the tree and tried using it in PvP yesterday. What's the key to using this weapon and being effective? Should I not be ADS'ing? Seems like I was getting killed quick when other people were wrecking me with it.

I went back to Thorn after that

Zoba wrote this guide on using TLW.

purg3

slept with Malkin
If your main goal is mitigating the inevitable nerf of the God tier HCs you'd be better off practicing with a high impact Pulse Rifle (ew) like Red Death, Hopscotch Pilgrim, The Messenger, 3 Little Words or Spare Change. Chances are The Last Word will also suffer whenever Thorn gets Suros'd.

Yeah, I started grinding dragon strikes over the past 2 days in hopes of a Hopscotch. I did get a spare change drop so far though and I have a Red Death. I don't think TLW will get hit as hard as Thorn though. Outside of the 111 glitch shots or whatever.

Zoba wrote this guide on using TLW.

Thanks!

ocean

Banned
Yeah, I started grinding dragon strikes over the past 2 days in hopes of a Hopscotch. I did get a spare change drop so far though and I have a Red Death. I don't think TLW will get hit as hard as Thorn though. Outside of the 111 glitch shots or whatever.
I hope they fix the 111 on ADS glitch. I just hope they don't overdo it with the nerf. I have a suspicion they'll cut the range so hard it'll be useless and it would be the Saddest Day in Crucible.

Jinjo

Nah I just have this friend who started and I want him to get icebreaker, missed it by a week last time.

I just hope increases the amount of exotics in ttk

Definitely don't think gjallarhorn should be sold.

It should be sold imo. I'm fine with it having an extremely low chance of being sold though. Different rarity tiers for exotics is fine. Thunderlord & Gjallarhorn are definitely top of the pack.

Also, we definitely have more ways of getting exotics outside of Nightfalls than we did in vanilla. It used to be just Gorgon chest + Atheon. Now we have Crota & Deathsinger and also PoE.

So far Xur has only sold one HoW Hunter exotic and two each for Titans and Warlocks. The Nine have forsaken us, fellow Hunters.

To be fair, I feel the current HoW exotic situation with Xur is better than the TDB clusterfuck where it was shitty exotics all around with Xur. Back to back Dragon's breath & NLB x2. Ugh. Never again.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, it's the only phase I really dislike in VoG: way. too. long.
As Drizz insightfully points out, what makes it drag longer than it should is that it's the only segment of the game where skill won't let you finish faster. No matter how strong your team and weapons and strategy are, it'll come down to that timer regardless. It used to feel drawn out because Conflux used to be a real bitch on Heroic and you were worn out by the end of it and staying at Oracles in the same room for a long time was just tiring.

Now the issue is that the previous still holds true except you can breeze through the rest of the Raid easily and still have to slog through each Oracle round.

SkylineRKR

Gjallarhorn should be sold again. Its been since launch day pretty much which is ridiculous. I've gotten about 3 during the month before TBD and after. But others aren't so lucky and I feel for them. Its like I still don't have Hawkmoon but got everything else at least twice.

Even TL, a weapon that was as elusive as Hawkmoon to me for a long time, dropped about 3 times since I got it first time.

The difference is though, Xur CAN sell Gjallarhorn. Hawkmoon will not be sold until it drops on Xbox.

ocean

Banned
As for Ghallarhorn being sold, Bybgie should just do it. Nothing will change. Most people have it. Those who don't are being unnecessarily punished for being unlucky and feel like they're missing out.

Nobody here has stopped playing because they have a Horn. The whole "players leave without a carrot" things just strikes me as bizarre and doesn't match what I've observed. Players leave when they get sick of running the same content, whether they're missing stuff or have it all.

If they sell it you'll only make some players pretty happy. I see zero downsides to this. It's not that rare and it's just unfair for a few people to feel like second class citizens. I've gotten like 5 and others who deserve them just as much as I in terms of skill or time played have zero.

Destiny-Top-Weapons-Infographic.jpg

That was 6 months ago. Ignoring players who joined between then and now, the group of people playing since launch who didn't have one by January must be a lot lower now. But there are certainly a few. That's just dumb. Sell it and let's all move on from the "must have Gjally" silliness, outside of running solo Raid segments there are exactly zero instances where it's required.

kiguel182

Chamber of Night mission on the moon.

Chamber of Night mission. Go to orbit if you don't get them all first time.

The public has spoken. Thanks! I'll do that then.

haha yeah for sure, that's a good attitude to take. I can't believe the prices they charge you folks, 35 euros is absurd. Total nonsense that they don't use basic currency conversion.

The second to last part of the quest can be tricky to finish solo unless you have the right gear, so just post here if you get stuck and someone should be able to help. I might use it as an excuse to finish that quest on my other two characters, lol. So tired on seeing that permanent green exclamation point over Eris.

Thanks, I'll say something here if I get stuck in it then!

purg3

slept with Malkin
They could also solve it by introducing new standout exotics to "replace" it. Still strange that we've had 2 expansions and most of the exotics since vanilla have been pretty much garbage. Hopefully TTK will fix this and bring some new heavy hitters into play.

Moobabe

Adding matchmaking to daily heroic story would be pretty useful - doesn't strike me as needing a huge amount of team work - just the extra bodies would be nice.

amar212

I just hope for the serious intervention in Thorn's Final Round glitch today.

I hope that Weekly Update has been postponed because of the patch regarding that thing.

I still remember how fast they were patching the non-exisiting "Infinite Golden Gun Glitch" which wasn't glitch in the first place, it wasn't infinite and it was in the game since the day one. Only thing that needed to be patched in that "glitch" was the property of the Scatter Grenade to register nodes as kills towards super-fill, but instead of that they've added the stupid cool down which totally neglected the point of the overall loadout.

Nevermind.

I am hoping that today's ToO will be more nicer place to play than last week.

As far as a solid GAF team, I would nominate Unstable, Wicked and Drizzay. Also, Tears, Robinson and Blaze.

would anyone be up for a Gaf vs Invigorate game?

Imo Unstable, Zoba and Rubenov are the top 3 DGAF PvP'ers. Of course I'm biased towards people I've played with a lot, and there are a lot of great players here who don't post as much or I haven't played with (including all XBoners).

That said, as far as teams that play together consistently, we can certainly hold our own as can the Double Dutch Destroyers. I've never done any sweaties but it would be fun to try sometime, and the team lineups could always be fluid. Does it always have to be Skirmish or can you wait until Elimination comes back as a normal Crucible playlist? Even Salvage would be cool to try.

I watched a little of Giggle Monster's clan practicing against each other today with strict rules: Only legendary scout rifles, no special weapons, no heavy, no supers, no exotic weapons or armor and no radar since it was Inferno Control. Mostly Scholars with a few NL Shadows, grenades and melee only. It was cool, matches were very intense and competitive. I'd like to try matches with standardized load outs, like everyone uses the same white hand cannon, stuff like that.

ocean

Banned
They could also solve it by introducing new standout exotics to "replace" it. Still strange that we've had 2 expansions and most of the exotics since vanilla have been pretty much garbage. Hopefully TTK will fix this and bring some new heavy hitters into play.
I don't think any Exotic "replaces" another. There's only 7 Exotic weapons since Vanilla and saying they're garbage is unfair.
Queen's Bow: super fun
Lord of Wolves: super fun
4th Horseman: king of whisper-range DPS
No Land Beyond: it's a novelty weapon and can freaking wreck in PvP in the right hands. Not bad, but like a true Exotic it's got a niche use
Dreg's Promise: meh. Not bad, not great.
Dragon's Breath and Necrochasm are just garbage, plain and simple.

Most of the great Exotics are vanilla because most of the Exotics are vanilla. Queen's, Lord of Wolves, 4th Horseman are easily better than several of the Vanilla ones.

Each Exotic has its place and I wouldn't like to see any of them being "replaced".

SkylineRKR

I almost never ran Gjallarhorn in Raids. I was too lazy to switch up in game. Kept Corrective there.

In Crota HM the weapon became sort of required at first.

I think the solution is to make another exotic just as powerful. I don't think Horn is OP really. Its just that other rocket launchers are far too weak in PvE. If I fire Truth in Void NF i'm like 'wtf did I waste heavy ammo on?'. You only have like 7 shots, ofcourse it needs to melt.

Dragon's Breath was fucking useless. First of all it was another Solar on top of Hezen and HoC. And secondly it has no horseshoes, low velocity and the DoT is shitty. They blew it there. An Arc rocket launcher comparable to Gjallarhorn would've been great.

The second to last part of the quest can be tricky to finish solo unless you have the right gear, so just post here if you get stuck and someone should be able to help. I might use it as an excuse to finish that quest on my other two characters, lol. So tired on seeing that permanent green exclamation point over Eris.

I can't even tell how much hate I got for that mission... And literally anything with with those green magic circles, so I am available to help with that and have my revenge.

The DLC missions have been triggering rage close to causing a ragequit. Namely:

- The Warmind
- The final part of the urn quest
- the final HoW mission against Skolas. I found a way of cheating with this one, but I was this close to uninstalling and putting the disc in a blender.

kiguel182

Adding matchmaking to daily heroic story would be pretty useful - doesn't strike me as needing a huge amount of team work - just the extra bodies would be nice.

Adding optional matchmaking to everything should be a priority at this point.

Not that you can't get a group or people to do them with here but for most of the content it would really make things simpler.

Moobabe

Adding optional matchmaking to everything should be a priority at this point.

Not that you can't get a group or people to do them with here but for most of the content it would really make things simpler.

Yeah - like I did the weekly strike in about 10 minutes. But I'm on the final part of the heroic story (again, only a few minutes long) but the numbers are too great for me to solo.

Dave_6

Exotic weapon collection complete!

Surprisingly great Xur week for me. I can stop feeling annoyed that I didn't buy Plan C months ago when Xur sold it over and over. Purifier Robes means I'm only missing, like many of you, Bones of Eao.

I'm somewhat sad that I no longer have a carrot to chase. I'll still do Crota/DS and Atheon for fun but I'll miss that sense of expectation for a drop.

Congrats science! My RNG with the HoW exotics has been pretty bad so I've still got a few to get. Xur having the Robes is nice to see though, even though their stat roll isn't the best.

I've still yet to have one Cipher drop from PoE either :(

ocean

Banned
That would lock players who don't have PS+ out of doing the Daily Heroic missions though.

Skele7on

Banned
Imo Unstable, Zoba and Rubenov are the top 3 DGAF PvP'ers. Of course I'm biased towards people I've played with a lot, and there are a lot of great players here who don't post as much or I haven't played with (including all XBoners).

That said, as far as teams that play together consistently, we can certainly hold our own as can the Double Dutch Destroyers. I've never done any sweaties but it would be fun to try sometime, and the team lineups could always be fluid. Does it always have to be Skirmish or can you wait until Elimination comes back as a normal Crucible playlist? Even Salvage would be cool to try.

I watched a little of Giggle Monster's clan practicing against each other today with strict rules: Only legendary scout rifles, no special weapons, no heavy, no supers, no exotic weapons or armor and no radar since it was Inferno Control. Mostly Scholars with a few NL Shadows, grenades and melee only. It was cool, matches were very intense and competitive. I'd like to try matches with standardized load outs, like everyone uses the same white hand cannon, stuff like that.

I'm down.

Obviously we'd use the usual sweaties rules like no thorns final rounds out,
honestly we could always make it more of a weekly thing with rolling rotations gametypes ect,
would be just some fun really, although initial searching is always a bloody pain!

But yes lets get something together and arrange it!

ocean

Banned
Obviously we'd use the usual sweaties rules like no thorns final rounds out, honestly we could always make it more of a weekly thing with rolling rotations gametypes ect, would be just some fun really, although initial searching is always a bloody pain!

But yes lets get something together and arrange it!
No Thorns what? Never seen that rule.

Kyoufu

Honestly I prefer using Vision of Confluence over Fatebringer. The range and auto fire means I can be extremely lazy with it, whereas Fatebringer requires some effort.

If we can ascend Year 1 weapons over to Year 2, VoC will be the first primary I ascend for sure. :3

ocean

Banned
Can it be that difficult to add it as an option for those with PS+?
I don't know the tech or policy limitations, but players with no PS+ can't just run Strikes solo. They just can't run Strikes at all. Not sure what the roadblock to adding the option is, but I'm fairly sure matchmaking for Heroic Story missions is somehow related to this.

Skele7on

Banned
No Thorns what? Never seen that rule.

You haven't? Sometimes we play it and when it's just hawks and last words it makes for a better game, ticks are cheap.

Honestly I prefer using Vision of Confluence over Fatebringer. The range and auto fire means I can be extremely lazy with it, whereas Fatebringer requires some effort.

If we can ascend Year 1 weapons over to Year 2, VoC will be the first primary I ascend for sure. :3

Vision for PVP Fatebringer - PVE

What time will you be available? Haven't confirmed yet but I assume I'll be doing our usual Stabie, Wicked and the Driz runs from 1 to ~4pm EST. if Wicked's internet cooperates we'll be done by 5 at the latest then I could hopefully help out a little. Ideally snag another decent player to tag along, although 3 wins isn't a tall order.

I will be up around 1pm and will have to leave by 5pm PST.

If it works out great. If not, I am sure I can find some other folks around.

PuMa

That's exactly why it would be great to have custom matches as a Crucible option! I would love to do something like that.

Edit:

Bladedancer Down!
mPQLWZ.gif

Moobabe

Anyone wanna jump in on this heroic daily story (ps4?) I'm right at the end I think

Been booted for inactivity - still, it's not a mega long one

ocean

Banned
You haven't? Sometimes we play it and when it's just hawks and last words it makes for a better game, ticks are cheap.

Vision for PVP Fatebringer - PVE
Huh sounds interesting. I don't follow the competitive seen super closely though, just occasionally see 13Devils play sweaties.

I'd love to tune in to some GAF action! Set it up, I'll buy popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom