• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Honestly I prefer using Vision of Confluence over Fatebringer. The range and auto fire means I can be extremely lazy with it, whereas Fatebringer requires some effort.

If we can ascend Year 1 weapons over to Year 2, VoC will be the first primary I ascend for sure. :3

Fatebringer is more fun imo. I think now that I've gone full HC and Pulse, I no longer like autofire.

Slermy

Red Bull Destiny Code Giveaway

I started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

Simple rules if you want a free code and can't get one for whatever reason:
1. Limit to one per NeoGAF ID.
2. Quote/Reply to this post.
3. Codes will be given in signup order. First come, first served.
4. No guarantees that everyone on the list will get a code.
5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.
7. If you get a code from somewhere else, please let me know so we can cross out your name on the list.
8. Codes can be used worldwide as far as we know. If you can pull up your profile on Bungie.net, you should be able to redeem it.
9. If you don't see your name on that list after replying/quoting this post, please PM me with a link to your post and I'll make sure you get into whatever position you belong in on the list.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

We need more code donations. I can't drink more than one can a day. LoL.

Edits since the original post are in italics.

Oh, I'd love one if there are enough!

What time will you be available? Haven't confirmed yet but I assume I'll be doing our usual Stabie, Wicked and the Driz runs from 1 to ~4pm EST. if Wicked's internet cooperates we'll be done by 5 at the latest then I could hopefully help out a little. Ideally snag another decent player to tag along, although 3 wins isn't a tall order.

Reposting for new page since it probably will get missed.I will be up around 1pm and will have to leave by 5pm PST.

If it works out great. If not, I am sure I can find some other folks around.

Going to bed now for about 6 hours sleep.

Namikaze1

Finally! My best match in Cauldron so far.

CJjvAAjVEAAHUWA.jpg:orig

Fake edit: Cauldron again :(

ocean

Banned
That's exactly why it would be great to have custom matches as a Crucible option! I would love to do something like that.
With the current Meta everyone basically has the same stuff so it's similar to a CoD style pick your guns. Like anyone playing even semi seriously will have all the Exotic HCs, a Matador/Felwinter's with the same damn roll, Benevolence/LDR/clone with no FR and a high impact/Velocity RL with the same damn roll also.

For practical purposes setting a standard load out for a match would be super easy, everyone has near identical stuff.

Honestly I prefer using Vision of Confluence over Fatebringer. The range and auto fire means I can be extremely lazy with it, whereas Fatebringer requires some effort.

If we can ascend Year 1 weapons over to Year 2, VoC will be the first primary I ascend for sure. :3

Haha. I feel the same way.Will we ever have anything better?

Adding optional matchmaking to everything should be a priority at this point.

Not that you can't get a group or people to do them with here but for most of the content it would really make things simpler.

Agreed. Too appease people who are all hell no to it just make it optional so they can't get mad about it.

EL CUCO

My team and I have been doing sweaties lately. It's alot more fun than playing pubs. Also more competitive.

We should get a little DGAF tourney going.

PuMa

With the current Meta everyone basically has the same stuff so it's similar to a CoD style pick your guns. Like anyone playing even semi seriously will have all the Exotic HCs, a Matador/Felwinter's with the same damn roll, Benevolence/LDR/clone with no FR and a high impact/Velocity RL with the same damn roll also.

For practical purposes setting a standard load out for a match would be super easy, everyone has near identical stuff.

Exactly. That's why I think it would be great to create a custom match where limitations are set up for the loadouts. I would love to do an all Scout Rifle match or something like that.

I can't even tell how much hate I got for that mission... And literally anything with with those green magic circles, so I am available to help with that and have my revenge.

The DLC missions have been triggering rage close to causing a ragequit. Namely:

- The Warmind
- The final part of the urn quest
- the final HoW mission against Skolas. I found a way of cheating with this one, but I was this close to uninstalling and putting the disc in a blender.

Were you under-leveled for any of these missions? Being even 1 level below the enemies is a huge disadvantage and being above their level doesn't help in any significant way. Doing any of those missions solo can be a pain regardless of your level, especially if you don't have all the best weapons and gear.

A lot of Destiny encounter design forces you to play very conservatively when tackled solo. Stay behind cover a lot, don't overexpose yourself for very long, wait for your shields to recharge, etc. Large mobs can kill you in a split second and some of those missions have long final encounters where a death will send you quite a ways back.

I definitely wish they had optional match making for more of the story missions, even the daily. People without PS+ could still use the non-MM version, right?

ocean

Banned
You just make it optional.

Like a toggle between playing solo or matchmaking.
I wouldn't mind, but this isn't how they've done it. If something has matchmaking in the game - like Strikes - it's just locked out for people who don't have PS+. The toggle would be a nice idea but for whatever reason they have chosen not to do this since launch.

If it had MM I'd do the Daily every day, which I very seldom so. Mi doubt they'll add it though.

My team and I have been doing sweaties lately. It's alot more fun than playing pubs. Also more competitive.

We should get a little DGAF tourney going.

Who have you been matching with? Playing against your own clanmates or other teams? A tourney would be super fun (and sweaty). Not sure what kinda prizes we could put up for grabs. "Get to pick the next OT title" or something, lol.

Reposting for new page since it probably will get missed.I will be up around 1pm and will have to leave by 5pm PST.

If it works out great. If not, I am sure I can find some other folks around.

Going to bed now for about 6 hours sleep.

Sounds good buddy! Get some nice zzzz's then we'll see what's up.

Lnkn52

Who have you been matching with? Playing against your own clanmates or other teams? A tourney would be super fun (and sweaty). Not sure what kinda prizes we could put up for grabs. "Get to pick the next OT title" or something, lol.

Their very own grimoire card.... And on the OT for the duration of it's life span.

ocean

Banned

Sounds good buddy! Get some nice zzzz's then we'll see what's up.
I'd love to see some warmups in Rumble. Split the top 6 into two teams, force matchmaking into Rumble and just be crazy for 20-30 minutes for viewer enjoyment :p

Their very own grimoire card.... And on the OT for the duration of it's life span.

oooh, now you are talking!

I'd love to see some warmups in Rumble. Split the top 6 into two teams, force matchmaking into Rumble and just be crazy for 20-30 minutes for viewer enjoyment :p

That sounds like fun! ... except it involves playing Rumble BibleThump

It would be funny if everyone was in party chat, joking and talking shit about killing each other.

EL CUCO

Just within our own group and some other Gaffers. We can do like Adamant does and have a one day event at the end of the month. The Winners can have their names up on the OT or something.

Skele7on

Banned
Huh sounds interesting. I don't follow the competitive seen super closely though, just occasionally see 13Devils play sweaties.

I'd love to tune in to some GAF action! Set it up, I'll buy popcorn.

We rotate rules as it makes for a lot more fun than the usual ho ho ho thorned mo fo.

Yeah I hope we can set this up could be a lot of fun.

Do you guys ban burns from Warlock nades as well?

of course they're exactly the same. /s your team are probably some hot garbage anyway, so stay quiet.

ocean

Banned
oooh, now you are talking!

That sounds like fun! ... except it involves playing Rumble BibleThump

It would be funny if everyone was in party chat, joking and talking shit about killing each other.
Yeah I saw 13d do it the other day and it looked super fun. All of them on part chat trash talking and joking around. It was only 5 though so each round included the unluckiest random in the world ;p

kiguel182

I wouldn't mind, but this isn't how they've done it. If something has matchmaking in the game - like Strikes - it's just locked out for people who don't have PS+. The toggle would be a nice idea but for whatever reason they have chosen not to do this since launch.

If it had MM I'd do the Daily every day, which I very seldom so. Mi doubt they'll add it though.

I also don't think they'll add it, alt ought it is the main feature I wish the game had right now.

But a toggle seems like a no brainer to avoid that.

EL CUCO

Am I missing something? How are people doing this when Crucible is matchmaking?
2 people on opposite teams that are geographically closest to each other host their own lobby. Team mates join. The 2 opposite hosts then attempt to matchmake simultaneously. While in chat you update each other on the MM progress.

Sometimes it takes a few tries but if they're near its pretty fast.

Future

Finally rolled a near God roll for party crasher

Aggressive ballistics
Shot package
Small bore
Luck in the chamber

I think people would rather have reinforced barrel, but smallbore synergizes with luck in the chamber by lowering max ammo so that seems good?

Also, it looks like accursed ballistics gives more range... Yet people prefer aggressive for the impact?

Holy crap, I managed to get my Titan and Warlock to lv 30 and 27 respectively. People weren't lying when they said levelling was much faster now.

Hope I can get my warlock to around 29 so that I can do the next tier of the weekly heroic, but given that I have no rep with anyone with her, I'll have to rely on dumb luck for a purple armour to drop.

Edit: Also, how's the Ice Breaker these days? Its basically the only decent exotic weapon I have. Is it still considered good or has it been nerfed/outclassed?

With purifier robes as my warlock's first exotic, I moved up to Level 28. And I have 0 light gloves. I'm ready for Hard Mode VoG. Hopefully a team is running it within the next 7 hours!

Haha, Double Dutch Destroyers, if we get to pick customized team names for sweaties/GAF tourny, I know what we are going with!

Setting up either could be a lot of fun I think. You could even spread it out over multiple modes. Like Control/Clash teams, Skirmish teams, doubles teams.

edit1: ^ lol, glad you liked it Tears! :)

edit2: Skele7on is the Twitter Cryptarch if that's what you're talking about Lik. (edit3: it's not what you were talking about, lol)

Finally rolled a near God roll for party crasher

Aggressive ballistics
Shot package
Small bore
Luck in the chamber

I think people would rather have reinforced barrel, but smallbore synergizes with luck in the chamber by lowering max ammo so that seems good?

Also, it looks like accursed ballistics gives more range... Yet people prefer aggressive for the impact?

You need either rifled or reinforced barrel to max out the range with aggressive ballistics. Small bore doesn't give a big enough range increase to compensate for the AgB. If you had one of those perks, the accurized barrel wouldn't actually increase the range because it would already be maxed while allowing you to have maxed impact from the aggressive ballistics.

purg3

slept with Malkin

I've been going back to VoC after ascending it along with Fatebringer. Such a great all around weapon.

So what's the speculation on continuing to be able to upgrade year 1 weapons into future expansions? I mean if we can keep doing this, doesn't seem like there's any real point to using newer weapons. But on the other hand it increases options and the available weapon pool.

Skele7on

Banned
Nice edit. Cryptarch complex?

Why would I have a complex? Your post just annoyed me.

As you blatantly misread it said sometimes.

If you're truly into being competitive you'll know how annoying thorn is, so taking that tick out leads to cleaner fairer gun battles.

Does anyone know which Gaffer owns the Legendary Engram Twitter account?

That would be FRENDEN. I own TheCryptarch.

stb

Xur, my man!

With him selling both Eternal Warrior and Purifier Robes, all I have left is Bones of Eao from HoW exotics (that aren't cypher-locked).

I haven't done a Weekly Heroic in weeks, though, so my strange coin stash will be down to the mid-50s. I *think* that leaves me enough to buy any remaining exotics, though. I should math that out.

LiK

edit1: ^ lol, glad you liked it Tears! :)

edit2: Skele7on is the Twitter Cryptarch if that's what you're talking about Lik.

Nope, it's another popular parody account.

Why would I have a complex? Your post just annoyed me.

As you blatantly misread it said sometimes.

If you're truly into being competitive you'll know how annoying thorn is, so taking that tick out leads to cleaner fairer gun battles.

That would be FRENDEN. I own TheCryptarch.

Hah, cool, thanks.

Were you under-leveled for any of these missions? Being even 1 level below the enemies is a huge disadvantage and being above their level doesn't help in any significant way. Doing any of those missions solo can be a pain regardless of your level, especially if you don't have all the best weapons and gear.

A lot of Destiny encounter design forces you to play very conservatively when tackled solo. Stay behind cover a lot, don't overexpose yourself for very long, wait for your shields to recharge, etc. Large mobs can kill you in a split second and some of those missions have long final encounters where a death will send you quite a ways back.

I did the Crota ones at 29, with 2/3 legendary armor, and HoW... Maybe at the same level. The exotic helmet moved me directly to 32.

- In the warmind, the initial problem was that I thought waves would keep coming unless I killed the wizards and tried to kill them without getting rid of the mininions. After understanding that it was easier. Biggest issue was the vestiges taking out your safe spots.

- With the Urn, I could not find a safe spot to heal and kill from behind cover. I would have to hover hoping I would not get shot. I believe that one practically has no safe areas, and thralls will force you to move. I only had an scout rifle and it was not enough rate to kill them.

- The last story fight about skolas, I would get swarmed immediately while trying to kill the Servitors before the waves came. Skolas coming for me plus captains with shields. Since my best weapons at the moment were a legendary scout rifle and the murmur, I barely could do anything. I went down one level, but I would get fallens even from behind. In the end I found that retreating to the farthest part, very few enemies would come down and Skolas could not move beyond a point, making him an easy target moving around a column.

Usually I play it safe when soloing on hard with the heroic, but some missions don't have a safe area and enemies will make a run for you instead of keeping the distance with firearms. Thralls in heroic can be the worst in terms of invading your safe place. No other enemies except for blade fallens can be so moronic in making it so personal and close quarters.

Overall, I am still having issues with weaponry. I have a decent scout and pulse for PvE, and I got the low grade humillity sniper, but I am really missing a shotgun and a rocket launcher, making bosses extremely hard to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom