• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

edit1: ^ lol, glad you liked it Tears! :)

edit2: Skele7on is the Twitter Cryptarch if that's what you're talking about Lik. (edit3: it's not what you were talking about, lol)

You need either rifled or reinforced barrel to max out the range with aggressive ballistics. Small bore doesn't give a big enough range increase to compensate for the AgB. If you had one of those perks, the accurized barrel wouldn't actually increase the range because it would already be maxed while allowing you to have maxed impact from the aggressive ballistics.

Ah so better to accursed with that roll. Will keep this one and try to roll a true God roll then with my other crasher

LTWood12

Dr. Drizz,

Haven't dipped my toes into Trials since baby Simon has come into the world. Would love to play w/ you one night this weekend, or even Monday if you're around.

Also, saw a post of yours earlier that said 'pre-doctorate.' I'd love to know a bit about what field you pursued sometime!

Lothars

Edit: Also, how's the Ice Breaker these days? Its basically the only decent exotic weapon I have. Is it still considered good or has it been nerfed/outclassed?
I feel Ice Breaker is still one of the best exotics in the game.

It's outclassed in some ways but the recharging ammo is hard to beat.

My Warlock needs some Helms, so I bought 6 Helm engrams: (lost over 200 strange coins on my old Lock, just found that out since I didn't really need them before):

1) Glasshouse
2) Skull of Dire Ahamkara
3) Mask of the Third Man
4) Arachnid
5) Obsidian Mind
6) Light Beyond Nemesis

Yay, 3 lock helms

EL CUCO

Why would I have a complex? Your post just annoyed me.

As you blatantly misread it said sometimes.

If you're truly into being competitive you'll know how annoying thorn is, so taking that tick out leads to cleaner fairer gun battles.
Lol I see your twitter account has you gassed up. Shouldn't be so sensitive ;) it was a simple question that I was actually curious about. I follow the competitive scene plenty but I haven't seen Invigorate play much. I'm all for banning the Thorn if there isn't a way to keep it from 2 tapping.

You owe me an apology.

I feel Ice Breaker is still one of the best exotics in the game.

It's outclassed in some ways but the recharging ammo is hard to beat.

Yup. Plus I still find it super usefull for PoE with Qoudron. We always try to melt him right out of the gate, but if we can't, we resort to IceBreakers for the detainment.

Skele7on

Banned
Oh no way! I didn't know it was DGAF members behind those accounts.

Yeah we made them like September 17th was a fun time!

Lol I see your twitter account has you gassed up. Shouldn't be so sensitive ;) it was a simple question that I was actually curious about. I follow the competitive scene plenty but I haven't seen Invigorate play much. I'm all for banning the Thorn if there isn't a way to keep it from 2 tapping.

You owe me an apology.

hehe you dick I have grown skin of a tree running that account :)

Sorry I went defensive and should have not, I've had a bad day sorry babe <3

We should play soon and get some games in, I personally have been mostly running with NLB for the last three weeks, I've got pretty good at it.

But once again sorry <3

EL CUCO

Yeah we made them like September 17th was a fun time!

hehe you dick I have grown skin of a tree running that account :)

Sorry I went defensive and should have not, I've had a bad day sorry babe <3

We should play soon and get some games in, I personally have been mostly running with NLB for the last three weeks, I've got pretty good at it.

But once again sorry <3
Ilu BB :p <3

Rubenov

I'll be good to play sweaties starting today at 430 est, and will be good to go all weekend long. So anytime after 430 works for me.

hunted down the remaining golden chests this morning. I have become legend! according to the triumph page on Bungie.net. The emblem shall; be mine!

zewone

Sweaties seem like people who can't handle real PVP matchmaking (final rounds/thorns/etc.)so they have to play the game in a small sandbox.

If you find it fun, that's cool, but I don't see it being very competitive.

Kyne

Sweaties seem like people who can't handle real PVP matchmaking (final rounds/thorns/etc.)so they have to play the game in a small sandbox.

The concept of a specific game mode made by the people is interesting to me.

I'd love an auto rifle only match type.

based on the sequence so far the prevailing opinion is that it will be a Mars map. Blind Watch or Firebase Delphi.

OK that's what I was thinking. I feel like it could be Timekeeper which could be interesting since I haven't played it much. Bungie could troll hilariously and choose Bastion though.

Oh my god, it's MLG rules in Halo all over again.

BR starts, The Pit, Fox only...

zewone

Lol r u srius?
Very serious. You're playing against a MUCH smaller pool of people with rules defined by yourself.
The concept of a specific game mode made by the people is interesting to me.

I'd love an auto rifle only match type.
Definitely interesting and probably fun as a distraction, but not competitive.
Oh my god, it's MLG rules in Halo all over again.

BR starts, The Pit, Fox only...

I HATED MLG rules in Halo. Seriously, just play the game.

Fucking boss just threw a huge pile of bullshit on my desk and basically told me to "figure it out".

Gonna miss trials on reset because of this bullshit.

Very serious. You're playing against a MUCH smaller pool of people with rules defined by yourself.

Definitely interesting and probably fun as a distraction, but not competitive.

I HATED MLG rules in Halo. Seriously, just play the game.

He does have a point. It's fun and all for people who want it but it's not gonna make players better in general PVP cuz you're taking out stuff that's in regular PVP matches.

Don't get me wrong, I hated MLG rules in Halo, too. But they kept to themselves and got their own playlists and that was fine.

They're pretty much doing the same thing here. In no way can they possibly impact that way you play the game. If they want to limit their weapons and/or abilities playing against you in PvP because they want to practice, who cares?

I once played a rumble game with 1 hand because I had a bet with my wife that I could still do better than last place with 1 hand.

PuMa

With all this talk of sweaties, I figured we should take a moment to remember Pete Schweddy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9t5AJNF0so

Classic. And don't forget that this happened!

newest_flavor_sept_2011_custom-264409ef50a1a48a70f40d9399c0d470b2150630-s300-c85.jpg

Edit: Eh, nvm. Seems appropriate already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom