• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Dust Palace a two player mission or what? I can't even remember when was the last time we did the mission without somebody leaving.

Pd: First Dragón strike. Got shit, as expected. But at Least Spare Change .25 works sorta well.

zewone

So is Dust Palace a two player mission or what? I can't even remember when was the last time we did the mission without somebody leaving.

People seem to think it's a grind still, but with the shotgun buff and the psion HP nerf it's one of the fastest.

Really silly to leave.

ocean

Banned

Lol it's 3 player but it's probably the most often quit Strike. They nerfed the health on the bosses but at launch it was pretty damn long (shotguns were crap).

Now that Shotguns wreck and they have less health it's a breeze.

Lol it's 3 player but it's probably the most often quit Strike. They nerfed the health on the bosses but at launch it was pretty damn long (shotguns were crap).

Now that Shotguns wreck and they have less health it's a breeze.

I actually like that strike quite a bit now that they've made those changes. It also gives me an additional place to pop some resupply codes that I have coming out of my ears from all the time I've farmed the Exclusion Zone.

Dave_6

It's Friday! ToO is back, Xur has the Purifier Robes, and gf is out of town so I have all weekend to play.

Now if I could just get my ass to mercury. I feel like the only DGAFer who hasn't been yet.

If I have time and won't be holding you back, I'd be willing to play some Trials this weekend.

At least you didn't make my mistake.

I got one from the very first House of Wolves Nightfall I did, but I was already running low on space (both on my characters and in the vault) so I figured with all the other new weapons I was going to get, I decided to shard it...

Damn, yeah that sucks. I've done the same before with other weapons.

If it makes you feel any better, I only saw one other one drop last night. Zero drops the previous 2 nights, and I've pretty much maxed my vanguard marks for the week across 3 characters.

I really don't mind right now though. Playing a strike playlist is pretty relaxing since they aren't difficult; a nice break for me after my bullshit IB night Monday night.

EDIT: BTW, had a very satisfying 7 kill streak with my Party Crasher on Anamoly last night. Had 7 rounds left and manged to get 7 kills without dying which is rare for me. The last kill ended the match too.

Namikaze1

Whaaaaaassssssaaaaaaap!!!!

tumblr_lmeu56gpx81qafrh6.gif

You should. I'm super active on there. It helps me get through the work day :)

lol whenever someone posts a Bungie or PSN tweet here, I always see your Twitter name in the replies section. DGAF takes up all my "social media" time, I wouldn't be able to keep up with Twitter or anything else.

The hell? XD

I've been mentioning that people hold open the Gorgon CP for people to collect the chest on all their characters since somewhere around the third newbie raid. .

haha yeah I was just joking about our prior "disagreement" over CP sharing, weekly resets etc :)

Dr. Drizz,

Haven't dipped my toes into Trials since baby Simon has come into the world. Would love to play w/ you one night this weekend, or even Monday if you're around.

Also, saw a post of yours earlier that said 'pre-doctorate.' I'd love to know a bit about what field you pursued sometime!

Yeah, I assumed that's what happened last Monday night when I didn't see you around. My brother just had his first kid ~6 months ago, but I can't even imagine how crazy a newborn must be for your schedule. I'll be around so hopefully some time works out!

I generally try not to post too much "off topic" personal stuff in the thread but always happy to talk about real life stuff in party chats, while chilling and gaming.

Hey guys,

So I played Destiny pretty religiously when it first came out but grew tired of it. I'd purchased both expansions but never played them and just today picked the game back up. So obviously I've missed a fair bit, anything I should know about changes?

So obviously level 34 is achievable now, whereas before was stuck at 30. What's the path to get there?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Hey guys,

So I played Destiny pretty religiously when it first came out but grew tired of it. I'd purchased both expansions but never played them and just today picked the game back up. So obviously I've missed a fair bit, anything I should know about changes?

So obviously level 34 is achievable now, whereas before was stuck at 30. What's the path to get there?

I guess the easiest way would be to buy current vendor gear to level up a bit and then start doing the higher PoE to get armor cores to buy max light lvl armor from Variks / etheric light to get to 34. Also ascend your Exotic armor pieces for a level boost.

zewone

Hey guys,

Prison of Elders level 32 is a good start.

Completing it gives you an armor core you can trade in for a Light 42 armor piece. (You need 4 pieces of Light 42 armor to reach level 34).

You can also ascend an exotic armor piece with an exotic shard (can buy one from Xur or break down a different exotic to get a shard). This will turn the exotic into a light 42 armor when maxed out.

All exotic armors after HoW drop as the light 42 version.

You can also get Ethertic Light from PoE 34 and 35 and a chance at EL in Nightfall. EL allows you to upgrade any legendary armor to light 42.

LTWood12

Yeah, I assumed that's what happened last Monday night when I didn't see you around. My brother just had his first kid ~6 months ago, but I can't even imagine how crazy a newborn must be for your schedule. I'll be around so hopefully some time works out!

I generally try not to post too much "off topic" personal stuff in the thread but always happy to talk about real life stuff in party chats, while chilling and gaming.

Congrats on the niece/nephew! At 6 months things start to get quite a bit easier, at least it was for us. Hopefully that's the case w/ your brother.

Yeah it can be a little crazy at times. May try and do a late night tonight if it works out w/ the Mrs. I'll check in w/ you later.

Hey guys,

If you have the marks, buy vendor armor. That will get you level 32 gear without any extra grind. You can also run the Crota raid for 32 gear, but it requires a lot of xp and materials to level up to 32.

Best bet is to run through House of Wolves to get access to Prison of Elders. Get carried in a 32. That will get you a piece of 34 armor.

Get carried in a 34 PoE. That will get you an etheric light and you can ascend any legendary piece of armor to another 34.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you have the marks, buy vendor armor. That will get you level 32 gear without any extra grind. You can also run the Crota raid for 32 gear, but it requires a lot of xp and materials to level up to 32.

Best bet is to run through House of Wolves to get access to Prison of Elders. Get carried in a 32. That will get you a piece of 34 armor.

Get carried in a 34 PoE. That will get you an etheric light and you can ascend any legendary piece of armor to another 34.
Plus an Ascended Exotic, and you're 3/4 there. Another PoE 32 at the weekly reset and you'll hit 34.
edit: Er, actually, wait til the reset to use your Etheric Light as you don't know which armor piece is available in advance.

Trials of Osiris is another source of both 34 level gear and Etheric Light if you're into PvP.

GRIP

So the other night I decided I was gonna try to grind for the Pilgrim and saw one drop on the very first strike I did. Of course it didn't drop for me and went to the guy who spent the entire strike just fucking around and didn't even enter the final boss room until after the boss was dead. He ended up with a whopping 10 kills and I'm not even sure how he got that many.

Dave_6

Yeah definitely, I'll shoot you a message if I see you on. I didn't get to play at all last weekend, so I'm sure I'll be extra scrubby.

I didn't play much either and after Monday night, I took a ~48 hour break from it. Just casually been playing strikes and some random PvP since.

Yeah definitely, I'll shoot you a message if I see you on. I didn't get to play at all last weekend, so I'm sure I'll be extra scrubby.

I'd love to get a helmet or two this weekend if you guys are up for the challenge!

So the other night I decided I was gonna try to grind for the Pilgrim and saw one drop on the very first strike I did. Of course it didn't drop for me and went to the guy who spent the entire strike just fucking around and didn't even enter the final boss room until after the boss was dead. He ended up with a whopping 10 kills and I'm not even sure how he got that many.

Ugh. Not sure how people find that enjoyable.

RNG is a cruel mistress.

Ophelion

Did the heroic weekly last night with some randos. When we got to the boss, they cowered in the entry hallway and took pot shots around the door. It was just a heroic weekly. With Solar burn. And one of them had Gjallarhorn. I mean...what?

I ended up downing the boss on my own by just emptying my solar sniper rifle into its eyeball.

I just don't know what to think about that. It was like seeing an elephant terrified of a mouse. Clearly some people are not worthy of the horn's majesty. I mean, if he doesn't want to use it, I'll happily take it off his hands for him...

Axoman

If I have an adept Messenger, is there any reason to grind for a Hopscotch Pilgrim?

Edit for top of page.

This poor titan thought he was safe in his bubble.
smJw6hE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom