• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

I can do crota PSN : TheTurboFD

Would love crota. Only done hard mode once before tho. 34 titan. Psn Nightzoor :)

Trying to start a Crota's End run! Did ya'll want to do Hard or Normal? I've only done Hard once and definitely got carried through the whole thing, but am totally up for trying! I've never run sword.

1. Owensboro (OwensboroEsq)
2. TheTurboFD (The TurboFD)
3. Nighte (Nightzoor)

noomi

If I have an adept Messenger, is there any reason to grind for a Hopscotch Pilgrim?

Whats so much better about the pilgrim though? I though stats were nearly the same, and it looks like people are re-rolling it to the same perks pretty much

Whats so much better about the pilgrim though? I though stats were nearly the same, and it looks like people are re-rolling it to the same perks pretty much

No, the messenger's perks do not compare to hidden hand, feeding frenzy, small bore, etc. But the base stats are pretty much the same.

Pilgrim is much better perk wise. The only thing messenger has over pilgrim is the Arc damage.

kiguel182

I think this is the first week ever that I reached the maximum crucible marks. Since I bought the game at launch.

Which sucks because he does give me less of a motivation to play crucible matches since I'll earn less stuff.

http://t.co/XEuIHwz97U

To all Titans out there, watch this and learn why Defender was a bad choice for this moment right here. If that guy was a Striker, it would have been over.

ToloW53.gif

Nighte

Trying to start a Crota's End run! Did ya'll want to do Hard or Normal? I've only done Hard once and definitely got carried through the whole thing, but am totally up for trying! I've never run sword.

3. Nighte (Nightzoor)

Maybe there is someone experienced that can contribute with a hard mode kill? Last time for me i got carried by a pro lfg group.

Luis_23

3. Nighte (Nightzoor)

I just recently got the game and this is my first time posting and trying this raid, but if you would have me I would appreciate it! I can't start until after 4:30 CST since I'm at work :( I have a 32 Hunter BTW.

I guess the easiest way would be to buy current vendor gear to level up a bit and then start doing the higher PoE to get armor cores to buy max light lvl armor from Variks / etheric light to get to 34. Also ascend your Exotic armor pieces for a level boost.

Prison of Elders level 32 is a good start.

Completing it gives you an armor core you can trade in for a Light 42 armor piece. (You need 4 pieces of Light 42 armor to reach level 34).

You can also ascend an exotic armor piece with an exotic shard (can buy one from Xur or break down a different exotic to get a shard). This will turn the exotic into a light 42 armor when maxed out.

All exotic armors after HoW drop as the light 42 version.

You can also get Ethertic Light from PoE 34 and 35 and a chance at EL in Nightfall. EL allows you to upgrade any legendary armor to light 42.

If you have the marks, buy vendor armor. That will get you level 32 gear without any extra grind. You can also run the Crota raid for 32 gear, but it requires a lot of xp and materials to level up to 32.

Best bet is to run through House of Wolves to get access to Prison of Elders. Get carried in a 32. That will get you a piece of 34 armor.

Get carried in a 34 PoE. That will get you an etheric light and you can ascend any legendary piece of armor to another 34.

Plus an Ascended Exotic, and you're 3/4 there. Another PoE 32 at the weekly reset and you'll hit 34.
edit: Er, actually, wait til the reset to use your Etheric Light as you don't know which armor piece is available in advance.

Trials of Osiris is another source of both 34 level gear and Etheric Light if you're into PvP.

Thanks guys appreciate the help :) Amazing how taking a break from a game makes you feel like a complete noob again.

Kal_El

Red Bull Destiny Code Giveaway

I started a spreadsheet for those in need of Red Bull Destiny codes and for the benefactors that are giving them away: Destiny GAF Red Bull Giveaway List

Simple rules if you want a free code and can't get one for whatever reason:
1. Limit to one per NeoGAF ID.
2. Quote/Reply to this post.
3. Codes will be given in signup order. First come, first served.
4. No guarantees that everyone on the list will get a code.
5. Signup will stay open as long as there are still benefactors giving away codes.
6. Rules are subject to change based on feedback from recipients and benefactors.
7. If you get a code from somewhere else, please let me know so we can cross out your name on the list.
8. Codes can be used worldwide as far as we know. If you can pull up your profile on Bungie.net, you should be able to redeem it.
9. If you don't see your name on that list after replying/quoting this post, please PM me with a link to your post and I'll make sure you get into whatever position you belong in on the list.

You can find out more about this Red Bull promotion and redeem the codes at: Red Bull Quest web site.

For the benefactors who will be giving codes away, please Private Message me with your email and I will give you "edit" access to the Spreadsheet so you can "check-off" who you've given a code to and when. To be fair, please giveaway codes in chronological order and edit the spreadsheet as soon as you send the code.

We need more code donations. I can't drink more than one can a day. LoL.

Edits since the original post are in italics.

I'd love a code

Now the big question, Anyone trying to do the following:

1) HM VoG
2) Normal CE
3) Trials to try to get my L29 New Warlock 3 wins with the buffs?

Kurumi

It's Friday! ToO is back, Xur has the Purifier Robes, and gf is out of town so I have all weekend to play.

Now if I could just get my ass to mercury. I feel like the only DGAFer who hasn't been yet.

And I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Now I know I'm not alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom