• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Shotguns so much because they're so OP. That Defender still had his overshield and you 1 shot him from 35 feet away.

Bungie, where is my Crucible rebalance?

What the frick? I have a shot package, hammer forged FL and I can't even one shot through an overshield at that distance.

I think that's just lag. That titan died because of the NovaBomb, not the shotgun.

I think. It's too far for Shotpackage to kill even without a shield.

About time this feature was added.

quest_hud_large.jpg

LiK

Bawahaha, we weren't the only ones who called out DeeJ for his incomplete Triumph screen.

Like many of you, I have some work to do. A pundit on Twitter noticed, and fired this missive directly across my bow:

“Can we get someone to be our community manager who is not just a casual fan?”

That hurt more than I would have thought. Filthy Casuals needs love, too. As much as the open shaming burned, I’ve decided to hunker down and accept the challenge. Each week, I’ll check another box off my to-do list. Keep your eyes trained on your favorite LFG site. I might need some help.

Ophelion

Quest stuff looks great. Turning in bounties from the quest screen is excellent too. Nice QoL update all around. Taken King is certainly shaping up to be a solid step forward for Destiny. If they sort out their storytelling and lore woes somehow, I'm gunna have to really dig deep if I want to keep grumbling about things. Props to Bungie for being so proactive in improvements lately.

Axoman

Hum... that's true.

Still, it can't possibly be a shotgun kill at that range over shield. Something is not right.

I think that's just lag. That titan died because of the NovaBomb, not the shotgun.

I think. It's too far for Shotpackage to kill even without a shield.

The video makes it look like I'm further away than I actually am. Watching frame by frame, I am standing just outside the ring of the capture point and he's right near the center by the flag.

kiguel182

Okay, last step of this quest and TDB (except the raid I guess). Ritual of Sacrifice here I come.

EDIT: I also like the idea of more quests. This whole TDB quest line has been fun even if it's pretty much just a series of bounties. But trying different stuff and approaching situations in a different way it's great.

But hopefully they don't turn them into super annoying and frustrating chores. That would suck out all of the fun in them. Not a big fan of "if you are dead your progress resets" type of design.

Ophelion

Still can't read Grimoire in the game

Ok, yeah, they really need to fix this. I wouldn't say no if they made it a little fancier with some kind of 3D model that represents the entry and a voice actor reading the entry ala the Mass Effect Codex either. Ideally, it would be Dinklage who reads the Grimoire, since I've got to imagine that info is stored in the ghost, but we all know that's not happening. Maybe get the new Cryptarch to read it?

None of that is strictly necessary, but I would love them for it.

Ho boy I'm low on glimmer. Where's the best place to grind it? Still that Exclusion Zone Mission on Heroic with a +Cabal Glimmer item?

do you have excess Ascendant Energy/shards? it can be traded for glimmer at the Speaker. failing that you could run Exclusion Zone on the second lowest difficulty

Owensboro

Well, do you WANT to be able to read the grimoire cards in game? I don't see why.

Gatekeeper room on Normal Vault of Glass.

Need at least 3 ppl to do it efficiently.

Normal Gatekeeper with an Axiomatic Bead on should be the fastest and the most fun with a group.

Aww hell. I'm going to assume if I've already beaten the VoG on my main I can't do that spot? Hrmm, maybe I can just do it on another character.

Aww hell. I'm going to assume if I've already beaten the VoG on my main I can't do that spot? Hrmm, maybe I can just do it on another character.

Edited my post, should've been Blue Polyphage. Nevertheless, you can just go back there and farm, no worries. If there are more people needing glimmer, I can probably provide the checkpoint. Best way is to run it with a Titan or Warlock, so you can chain supers and take out groups.

LiK

Well, do you WANT to be able to read the grimoire cards in game? I don't see why.

Not ONLY read them but they should have full narration like Mass Effect Codex. I don't give a fuck about my Grimoire score but I wanna read the Grimoire within the game when I want to. Being forced to read them outside the game is lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom