• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurumi

Yo

quest_hud_large.jpg

Yes Bungie! You get Kurumi's Seal of Approval.

ocean

Banned
A little bit off topic: upgraded my iPhone to the beta version of iOS 9 and I feel like selling the thing or giving it away to a family member. There's no way I'm gonna keep this phone if I'm forced to use this shitty new font throughout the interface.

Back on topic: really surprised that Bungie decided to repeat maps. I mean I was fully expecting the planet rotation thing to have a 50% chance of being right, tops :p but repeating maps when like 7 others haven't been touched yet is a little disappointing.

Mindlog

The quest stuff in the Bungie update reminds me soooooooooooooo much of Defiance.
this is why I gave up playing as a Defender in Crucible.

Striker for life
I always use Defender in Control.
Drop bubble on B. Run away. As competition dictates you may shotgun camp the bubble.

Set Saint-14 bubble for duration.
If bubble is frequently bombed: Set bubble to produce more orbs.

Not ONLY read them but they should have full narration like Mass Effect Codex. I don't give a fuck about my Grimoire score but I wanna read the Grimoire within the game when I want to. Being forced to read them outside the game is lame.

Well...
I'd prefer if they didn't put all the cool lore on grimoire cards. I want to see that in missions.

This.
Yes Bungie! You get Kurumi's Seal of Approval.

Luke Smith shall sleep easy tonight then... :)

Weekly update is interesting. I'm liking the look of the updated UI with questlines. Even better that we can hand them in from the menu, but part of me is thinking that some of these quest lines will be along of the lines of speak to gunsmith, buy something from xur, take item to the speaker, shoot some stuff, speak to vanguard, shoot some more stuff, collect something, return to speaker.

Ref trials - wasn't pantheon week 2 or am I mis remembering

Woof. I'm sorry I missed that.

He's just not a great player. I don't mean that in an offensive way, either.

Deej just doesn't have the troubleshooting skills or good logic while he plays these games.

Honestly, he's probably a great template for the average player (hint: we are not the average player).

I've pointed it out before, but he makes simple mistakes: like never reloading his gun, or using his Novabomb on a single full health major enemy. Or using the Vestian Dynasty in Prison of Elders... at all...

I sometimes worry that he would have a hard time relating to those of us who are more buried in end-game content, but again, we are not the average player.

Mindlog

What's the best roll for the old Fellwinter's Lie now?
I forget what max range is and if the old FL hit it with the perks everyone used.

I really want to have some consistent GAF friends to play Trials with. All I ask is you communicate constantly and bring the hunger to win. Anyone?

I really want to have some consistent GAF friends to play Trials with. All I ask is your communicate constantly and bring the hunger to win. Anyone?

I'll be on tonight. Feel free to add me. I've been to Mercury twice and all thanks to awesome GAFers here. I can hold my own.

PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

Edit: I'll be on around 7pm CST

Pretty successful trials run with Xplicit and Pirate. I couldn't tell if it was due to the strength of our team or it being Friday, but the competition didn't seem to be as strong as the past couple weeks save for a few great snipers.

Kyne

I'll be on tonight. Feel free to add me. I've been to Mercury twice and all thanks to awesome GAFers here. I can hold my own.

PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

I can attest to this. This man has some clutch super moments.

I'll be looking for the helm on my Hunter sometime this weekend. Hoping Shady and I can hit you up again. (;

My Warlock has risen from the ashes!!!!!

CJkygNcUsAAd7Uu.jpg:orig

Unreal. Thanks for the Trials runs Slammin and Pirate! First Varik's boots. Then today, Xur's Robes brought me to L29 to start off Trials. Got the helm for L30. Then on the very last game, gloves dropped which brought me to L33 and I ascended those bad boys to get to L34.

I'm back

I can attest to this. This man has some clutch super moments.

I'll be looking for the helm on my Hunter sometime this weekend. Hoping Shady and I can hit you up again. (;

Of course! You and Shady are great to play with. I need the helmet for all of my toons so I'll be on for sure.

Unreal. Thanks for the Trials runs Slammin and Pirate! Started as a Level 29, got the helm for L30. Then on the very last game, gloves dropped which brought me to L33 and I ascended those bad boys to get to L34.

I'm back

ShangTsgunItHasBegun.gif

Dave_6

Unreal. Thanks for the Trials runs Slammin and Pirate! First Varik's boots. Then today, Xur's Robes brought me to L29 to start off Trials. Got the helm for L30. Then on the very last game, gloves dropped which brought me to L33 and I ascended those bad boys to get to L34.

I'm back

Congrats man! Looks good too!

Does anyone feel like helping me do the last TDB story mission on hard?

Or at least some tips.

Take everything very slow up until the actual Crystal room.

Once you are there, stay near the entrace and kill the Knights with whatever power weapons you have.

After that, shoot 1 wizard. It will not aggro the others. I usually do the one closest on the left.

Pace yourself and take him out. Try not to get too close to the other wizards or you'll aggro. Fall back to the hallway if you need to, but don't do it for too long or a knight will spawn behind you.

The last 2 wizards aggro together at the same time no matter what. Use this time to make a run to the opposite side to the cave on the far back left. Use this as your new base of operations.

Kill the last two wizards and start unloading on the crystal ASAP. You want that thing down to about 40% before you start dealing with adds. Unless you hear exploders, deal with those first. Other adds can almost be ignored.

Once you get swarmed, use whatever AoE super you have to knock out the adds and finish off the crystal.

Do not try to kill the adds first, they spawn on a timed interval and you WILL get behind eventually. Better to DPS the crystal down first, and not worry about adds.

Edit: Wait... are you talking about the Urn quest?

Kurumi

I'm back

#RiseUpandRiseAgain

ocean

Banned
What's the best roll for the old Fellwinter's Lie now?
I forget what max range is and if the old FL hit it with the perks everyone used.
Aggressive Ballistics
Kneepads
Hammer Forged
Shot Package

But it's basically the same as a new one. Though Hammer Forged is a bigger range boost than something like Rifled Barrel, they both hit the range cap so HF's extra range is just wasted.

Namikaze1

I'm back
Congrats!

kiguel182

Take everything very slow up until the actual Crystal room.

Once you are there, stay near the entrace and kill the Knights with whatever power weapons you have.

After that, shoot 1 wizard. It will not aggro the others. I usually do the one closest on the left.

Pace yourself and take him out. Try not to get too close to the other wizards or you'll aggro. Fall back to the hallway if you need to, but don't do it for too long or a knight will spawn behind you.

The last 2 wizards aggro together at the same time no matter what. Use this time to make a run to the opposite side to the cave on the far back left. Use this as your new base of operations.

Kill the last two wizards and start unloading on the crystal ASAP. You want that thing down to about 40% before you start dealing with adds. Unless you hear exploders, deal with those first. Other adds can almost be ignored.

Once you get swarmed, use whatever AoE super you have to knock out the adds and finish off the crystal.

Do not try to kill the adds first, they spawn on a timed interval and you WILL get behind eventually. Better to DPS the crystal down first, and not worry about adds.

That's for the The Wakening right?

I was talking about Ritual of Sacrifice. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom