• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the laggers game in my life. This lag was worse than any game I ever played and that includes all the MMOS, shooters, and racing games.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I really want to have some consistent GAF friends to play Trials with. All I ask is your communicate constantly and bring the hunger to win. Anyone?

Add me: crophonso

I'm no superstar but I do communicate, and I always stay positive.

Voted best butt senior year too.

My Warlock has risen from the ashes!!!!!

CJkygNcUsAAd7Uu.jpg:orig

Unreal. Thanks for the Trials runs Slammin and Pirate! First Varik's boots. Then today, Xur's Robes brought me to L29 to start off Trials. Got the helm for L30. Then on the very last game, gloves dropped which brought me to L33 and I ascended those bad boys to get to L34.

I'm back

That was actually really fast.

Owensboro

Anyone doing glimmer farming? I never thought I'd have a problem getting glimmer, then I did two hard mode raids and want to upgrade everything I got. Stupid completionist mentality.

Langy

Needing one more for trials. I'm not expecting a mercury run, but would hope to at least get the helmet and packages.

Add/join on Langoit on psn

OkayRene

My Warlock has risen from the ashes!!!!!

CJkygNcUsAAd7Uu.jpg:orig

Unreal. Thanks for the Trials runs Slammin and Pirate! First Varik's boots. Then today, Xur's Robes brought me to L29 to start off Trials. Got the helm for L30. Then on the very last game, gloves dropped which brought me to L33 and I ascended those bad boys to get to L34.

I'm back

Nice! Props on the comeback, man!

I can give it a try.

Keep in mind, though. This is my first time doing it. :p

Sure, send me a FR: okayrene

rc213

Holy Crap RNGesus has been good to me, Almost as good as Dgaf with Skolas,VoG and CE.

Ice Breaker CE
Found Verdict x2 VoG
Thunderlord Gorgons
Hawkmoon Gorgons
Fang of Ir Ut CE
Vex Mythoclast VoG
Dragon's Breath CE
Eternal Warrior Helm NF
Word of Crota CE
Praetorian Foil VoG
Plus a bunch of Armor...

Ophelion

Holy Crap RNGesus has been good to me, Almost as good as Dgaf with Skolas,VoG and CE.

Ice Breaker CE
Found Verdict x2 VoG
Thunderlord Gorgons
Hawkmoon Gorgons
Fang of Ir Ut CE
Vex Mythoclast VoG
Dragon's Breath CE
Eternal Warrior Helm NF
Word of Crota CE
Praetorian Foil VoG
Plus a bunch of Armor...

...shit. That is a damn good haul.

Frenden

Banned
Aggressive Ballistics
Kneepads
Hammer Forged
Shot Package

But it's basically the same as a new one. Though Hammer Forged is a bigger range boost than something like Rifled Barrel, they both hit the range cap so HF's extra range is just wasted.
IIRC, you can roll Auto Fire in the Kneepads slot to buff the RoF. Preeeetty great there.

GhaleonEB

Looks like Bungie will use the BWU as a way to unpack the Take King changes, which is pretty great. It's a way to get more detail and will keep a good flow of information coming through the summer.

The reorganization of activities into quest lines makes a lot of sense; pretty neat that they're doing it with all of the base and expansion content as well. (The changes to the organization of the story campaign is one of the reasons I am going to restart my Warlock after TTK comes out - I want to see how the new structure affects the early part of the game.)

It sounds like it will be a new source of emphasis for exotic bounties in addition in addition to story structure. I hope they don't drop Crucible play into threads that it normally would not fit into - it's kept me from completing a single exotic bounty to date. But other than that, it sounds pretty cool.

We've also seen an evolution in how Bungie is treating bounties. At launch we had stuff like "kill 100 enemies without dying". Then we got House of Wolves and specific targets, major and minor, were placed in the public spaces to fulfill bounties. And one of those, the Archon that shows up on the moon, has his own mini-mission as part of the bounty. I think that last evolution is going to feature heavily in the new quest line structure, if this is anything to go by:

BWU said:
These Bounties took you on a journey through multiple activities -- which in the best cases had flashes of unique moments -- and ended with rewards players cared about. In many ways, these were the earliest tendrils of how we'd come to think about Quests in Destiny.
It's taken Bungie a little while to really figure out how to organize Destiny, but having this be an evolving structure for the future is pretty exciting, IMO.

E92 M3

Looks like Bungie will use the BWU as a way to unpack the Take King changes, which is pretty great. It's a way to get more detail and will keep a good flow of information coming through the summer.

The reorganization of activities into quest lines makes a lot of sense; pretty neat that they're doing it with all of the base and expansion content as well. (The changes to the organization of the story campaign is one of the reasons I am going to restart my Warlock after TTK comes out - I want to see how the new structure affects the early part of the game.)

It sounds like it will be a new source of emphasis for exotic bounties in addition in addition to story structure. I hope they don't drop Crucible play into threads that it normally would not fit into - it's kept me from completing a single exotic bounty to date. But other than that, it sounds pretty cool.

We've also seen an evolution in how Bungie is treating bounties. At launch we had stuff like "kill 100 enemies without dying". Then we got House of Wolves and specific targets, major and minor, were placed in the public spaces to serve as targets. And on one of those, the Archon that shows up on the moon, has his own mini-misssion as part of the bounty. I think that last evolution is going to feature heavily in the new quest line structure, if this is anything to go by:

It's taken Bungie a little while to really figure out how to organize Destiny, but having this be an evolving structure for the future is pretty exciting, IMO.

Let's just hope they don't reveal too much! I want some surprises left for TTK. Though, tell me all about the QOL updates, Bungie!

GhaleonEB

Let's just hope they don't reveal too much! I want some surprises left for TTK. Though, tell me all about the QOL updates, Bungie!

I'm expecting that, much like the run up to the House of Wolves, they're not going to talk about or show much of the story campaign. And probably little if anything more from the raid. I'd expect to hear about the surrounding systems, system/balance changes, content scope, strikes, loot, Crucible maps and modes, etc, but not the meat of the main quest line.

Good luck, man!

congrats and good luck, that's gotta be some kind of record

GET THAT GOLD!

we did our best :)

ShangTsgunItHasBegun.gif

Congrats man! Looks good too!

#RiseUpandRiseAgain

Well done! That's a good looking Warlock!

Edit: Top of page! My Titan getting to know a stranger perhaps a bit too closely.

Congrats!

That was actually really fast.

Nice! Props on the comeback, man!

Thanks everyone! :D

A lot of luck involved:
Bro Vance selling Helm
Gloves dropping in last Trials match
Xur selling Chest
Variks selling Boots

And of course, hard mode story carry.

OkayRene

I'm guessing the Zoba weapon part farming method also works with Trials armor, too, yeah?

I have a ton of Hunter upgrades being held back by a lack of armor mats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom