• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Bungie will use the BWU as a way to unpack the Take King changes, which is pretty great. It's a way to get more detail and will keep a good flow of information coming through the summer.

The reorganization of activities into quest lines makes a lot of sense; pretty neat that they're doing it with all of the base and expansion content as well. (The changes to the organization of the story campaign is one of the reasons I am going to restart my Warlock after TTK comes out - I want to see how the new structure affects the early part of the game.)

It sounds like it will be a new source of emphasis for exotic bounties in addition in addition to story structure. I hope they don't drop Crucible play into threads that it normally would not fit into - it's kept me from completing a single exotic bounty to date. But other than that, it sounds pretty cool.

We've also seen an evolution in how Bungie is treating bounties. At launch we had stuff like "kill 100 enemies without dying". Then we got House of Wolves and specific targets, major and minor, were placed in the public spaces to fulfill bounties. And one of those, the Archon that shows up on the moon, has his own mini-mission as part of the bounty. I think that last evolution is going to feature heavily in the new quest line structure, if this is anything to go by:

It's taken Bungie a little while to really figure out how to organize Destiny, but having this be an evolving structure for the future is pretty exciting, IMO.

Yeah it really feels like they've gone back and added... interim text in the Quests screen to explain exactly what is going on between missions, as well as some flavour text by characters like Ghost. Doing that sort of thing for the base game's story will help a lot in providing context for what is going on. I bet they've pulled a lot of stuff from the Grimoire, too.

I still hope they have the Grimoire in game, too, though.

Owensboro

Anyone want a Heavy Pike for glimmer farming that room on Venus? I got a Pike, tried this out for 10 minutes....and I kind of hate how boring it is. However, it took me forever to get this damn Pike, so I want to pass it on to someone.

So as a Level 29 in trials facing a Level 34... took about 5-6 TLW shots to kill. 1 HB head snipe took about 80% of their health. And 1 shotgun was still a OHK.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
awwww shucks 3/4 ash factory

hard launch
tripod
perfect balance / heavy payload / snapshot
G & H

keep it or keep looking for javelin?

Looks like Bungie will use the BWU as a way to unpack the Take King changes, which is pretty great. It's a way to get more detail and will keep a good flow of information coming through the summer.

This is great. But...

It saddens me that Bungie has seemingly abandoned the game til September. There are still major issues with House of Wolves. Crucible is in rough shape with Thorn and max-range shotguns being the only thing there. Prison of Elders is growing stale and the lack of checkpoints really sucks. Will Prison of Elders ever be updated again? Or is it fixed as is for the rest of Destiny?

Lee

Anyone on Xbox One looking to play tonight?

Plans cancelled, wife works, and my usual Trials team is out of town. I'm down for whatever. Have run Mercury multiple weeks, need to run all raids.

GT: Trip Like I Do

Frenden

Banned
I think I'm ready to leave legendary weapons from year one behind if it means fixing PvP. Though it pains me that might be needed.

Lee

Anyone want a Heavy Pike for glimmer farming that room on Venus? I got a Pike, tried this out for 10 minutes....and I kind of hate how boring it is. However, it took me forever to get this damn Pike, so I want to pass it on to someone.

If you've got anything else to do online/around the house, you can rubber band your trigger and set your remote down. Just check back every five minutes or so as it slowly drifts up and you don't want to get booted for inactivity.

I know it's lame, but it is what is and glimmer farming is pretty boring no matter how you do it.

Lee

I'm guessing the Zoba weapon part farming method also works with Trials armor, too, yeah?

I have a ton of Hunter upgrades being held back by a lack of armor mats.

Yep. Won't get shards/motes/energies, but you'll get weapon parts or gun parts.

This may seem like a dumb question, but I have to ask it.

In hard mode VoG Atheon fight, when I get teleported and grab the relic, I seem to die too often before I can kill the enemies, even at level 33/34. I think I'm drawing their fire too fast immediately. Is there a good strategy for survival here?

shermas

Anyone on Xbox One looking to play tonight?

Plans cancelled, wife works, and my usual Trials team is out of town. I'm down for whatever. Have run Mercury multiple weeks, need to run all raids.

GT: Trip Like I Do

I'm up for some ToO later. GT: shermas.

I'm decent in Crucible (I share an account with my son so my stats are a little sketchy), but I haven't found a group to run ToO with yet. I've only done it a few times via LFG.

Send me a FR and I'll look for you when I'm on.

Ophelion

This is happening way too much these days... FWC, NM and DO rank ups are nothing but motes and coins for me lately.

Yeah, I don't get anything from packages anymore. Most of the time I only get blue engrams from cryptarch packages too. Used to at least get legendary junk.

ocean

Banned
I think I'm ready to leave legendary weapons from year one behind if it means fixing PvP. Though it pains me that might be needed.
Legendaries are ok though except for Auto Rifles needing their base damage restored.

Exotics on the other hands...

First PoE 28. I begin begin to see why teamwork is described as vital here.

Two more weapons m, one of them exotic. Her mercy ( hand canon) and Patience and Time (sniper). Anything good between those?

Ophelion

Legendaries are ok though except for Auto Rifles needing their base damage restored.

Exotics on the other hands...

It would be kind of cool if they had a PvP mode that didn't allow Exotics for a change of pace, but I wouldn't want them to nerf exotics or anything like that.

Zocano

I really hope there is some sort of large patch soon ish. Not just for PvP but I large weapon reworking perhaps or some alteration to PoE challenges and rewards. But I'm thinking we'll just have a large content drought and momentum loss until Taken King. Almost makes me wish there was a monthly sub.

Almost makes me wish there was a monthly sub.

372.gif

I really hope there is some sort of large patch soon ish. Not just for PvP but I large weapon reworking perhaps or some alteration to PoE challenges and rewards. But I'm thinking we'll just have a large content drought and momentum loss until Taken King. Almost makes me wish there was a monthly sub.

They're saving everything for TTK.

Even the long overdue weapon balance patch.

Stupid. But it is what it is.

How and where are you getting Celestial Nighthawk?

Are you guys all sharding your extra Horns?

I have three, and I dont know what Im saving them for. Any advice?

Let's just hope they don't reveal too much! I want some surprises left for TTK. Though, tell me all about the QOL updates, Bungie!

As of right now Bungie is holding out way too much info from the player and letting them discover it themselves.

I really wish they would come out from behind the curtain and actually tell us some things.

PoE should have been much more informative before HoW even released. Similar with Trials.

For instance, why even hide that you get somewhere special with a perfect card? Wouldn't it make more sense for players to set out with that goal to begin with? It seems like more players would have been playing Trials on Day 1 than not.

Instead we saw 1 person get it on a stream, then about 3-6 hours of misinformation because people couldn't confirm if it was just 9 wins, or 9 wins and no losses.

Even now, that terrible answer Luke gave about "missions are hard to quantify" as if that is even an acceptable answer. You know what you SHOULD do when you can't quantify something? Elaborate.

I could tell you that House of Wolves has 6 missions. Or I could tell you House of Wolves has 5 missions with a small quest in the middle.

E92 M3

I'm expecting that, much like the run up to the House of Wolves, they're not going to talk about or show much of the story campaign. And probably little if anything more from the raid. I'd expect to hear about the surrounding systems, system/balance changes, content scope, strikes, loot, Crucible maps and modes, etc, but not the meat of the main quest line.

That's the best case scenario for sure. Also, keep most of the exotics hidden, but show of some new ones to give hope.

Lee

That's the best case scenario for sure. Also, keep most of the exotics hidden, but show of some new ones to give hope.

"I need to start gathering sweet artwork of heavy firepower from some new foundries for you to ogle and covet next week."

We'll get some glimpses of guns next week.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Alright guys. I'll take middle. And when I get transported to somewhere I can take care of oracles myself. Everyone else can fill in the blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom