• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good.

Dude eat your dinner
;)

Top of the page! Confession time.

I don't like the new Xbox controller, but even admitting that I really think it's build quality is way better than the DS4. The triggers feel like they'll last a good while.

Liquid dinner ? Does that suffice?

The XB controller is far superior to PS 4. Once you go... Never mind. You guys know the saying.

What the fuck is with people departing halfway through a strike? I'm trying to farm strikes and it's going very poorly.

Strike playlists with randoms are a crapshoot and generally less efficient if you are farming them.

It may be hard to find a good group, but if you can get a GAF group together, you can typically steamroll the strikes very quickly.

Yep, Qodron is probably the most broken fight in all of PoE.

The Vex room in general fucking sucks. There is nothing good about it.

I don't know why people complain about Qodron boss fight. I've done it legit with Drizzay and Ji66a on 34 the week it came out(pre-nerf) and it wasn't that bad. They finally come up with something different as a mechanic and people start complaining... :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Welcome to Destiny.

For best results, always make a fireteam before starting a strike playlist.

Garbage. A lot of these people are pretty terrible, but more bodies is always good.

That said, anyone want to run some strikes or something? I'm only level 30, so I can't do PoE above 28.

E: I'm on PS4. PSN is nicoga3000 if we're not already friends.

Just beat it. Jesus, though this was gonna be a cakewalk

Sorry, it won't be. Even as lvl 32, it is harder than most others as lvl 34. The next few rounds will be fine for you, but the last with Qodron will be rough.

I don't know why people complain about Qodron boss fight. I've done it legit with Drizzay and Ji66a on 34 the week it came out(pre-nerf) and it wasn't that bad. They finally come up with something different as a mechanic and people start complaining... :(

Take note that it is 3 very good players you have there. I've tried Qodron legit with lots of different groups, many people I think are good PvEer's as well, and we could never finish him off without an all out Burn strategy.

I think the mechanic is fine on paper, but needs tuning. If you don't find the Eye fast enough, it can be a wipe. I feel like we spend all our time looking for 1 enemy and never getting DPS on the boss. There are also way too many god damned Hobgoblins.

I'm convinced that my ALLFATE with hidden hand and hand laid stock is the best PvP weapon in the game.

No one can tell me any differently. I mean, they can, but I won't listen.

GutZ31

Garbage. A lot of these people are pretty terrible, but more bodies is always good.

That said, anyone want to run some strikes or something? I'm only level 30, so I can't do PoE above 28.

You can add me, not sure if ill be playing tonight though.
GutZ31

The usual suspects for making people leave are;
Omnigul
Undying Mind
Dust Palace
For some, Valus

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You can add me, not sure if ill be playing tonight though.
GutZ31

The usual suspects for making people leave are;
Omnigul
Undying Mind
Dust Palace
For some, Valus

I'll add you.

I guess I'll boot up Bloodborne and see what all that fuss is about. I'll jump on this weekend more.

Take note that it is 3 very good players you have there. I've tried Qodron legit with lots of different groups, many people I think are good PvEer's as well, and we could never finish him off without an all out Burn strategy.

Yeah I know what you're saying, it's definitely a tough fight, no denying that. But it's not Skolas lightswitch tough or Hard Crota tough. Should be a lot easier after bungie nerfed the fight as well. Just like Skolas, you need teamwork to beat that boss. Could use less hobgoblins for sure, they are so annoying.

No i was with him once after an IB farm we got 8 wins but no Mercury he did his best.

Oh that's sad, cause I recall you playing with him few weeks ago. You'll get there, believe!

Baliis

Yeah I know what you're saying, it's definitely a tough fight, no denying that. But it's not Skolas lightswitch tough or Hard Crota tough. Should be a lot easier after bungie nerfed the fight as well. Just like Skolas, you need teamwork to beat that boss. Could use less hobgoblins for sure, they are so annoying.

Quodron would be much better if the Eye was more consistent. The first time I did it, we had Jailbreaker for every shield and it wasn't too bad. This week though, I think I saw one spawn at the start of the fight, then never again.

Ghazi

Quodron would be much better if the Eye was more consistent. The first time I did it, we had Jailbreaker for every shield and it wasn't too bad. This week though, I think I saw one spawn at the start of the fight, then never again.

Every time I do Quodron we pay no attention to the Eye. It's an easy fight, if you ignore that mechanic. At least one person needs a Found Verdict and you can break the bubbles easily. The mechanic itself is poorly designed, but the FV makes it trivial. I know that isn't a good answer, but that's how it is.

I agree, the eye can be a pain sometimes. We found that the spot next to the door, on the right side, was very consistent for the eye to spawn. Also, the far left spawn door (next to the boss) is also a regular eye spawn.

If you have good class balance, ie one of each class, you should not have a problem.

Also, high impact shotguns (found verdict) break the detain shield super quick even without the jailbreak buff.

Deku Tree

If your team stands close together the eye always walks right up to you in my experience. If your team drifts apart then the eyes tracking gets messed up and could go anywhere.

Namikaze1

Good luck to Todd, Kirk, and Jason with their run. It was fun running with you guys. We lost some games and nearly went to Mercury but it was great games all around.

I'm gonna head off and watch this movie I've been meaning to watch for some time now.

If your team stands close together the eye always walks right up to you in my experience. If your team drifts apart then the eyes tracking gets messed up and could go anywhere.

^This as well.

Every time we went to the left, the eye would spawn from the left door near the boss.

Every time we stayed near the airlock, the eye would spawn from the right.

Trials fun run! Just playing to get better and have fun. If we get the 8 win package or Mercury, then that's pretty fun, too.

1) xplicitone
2) DrLawyerCop
3) monsterfracas

Edit Full

I'm sure its very good, but no other gun comes close to the TTK of Thorn and TLW.

I'd argue with you about thorn. That gun is a big time crutch. TTK isn't that great, just allows mediocre players (like me) to feel better about themselves. The great equalizer as it were.

But yeah, a good TLW user will rip anyone apart. There's no doubt about that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sign up for a Trials fun run! Just playing to get better and have fun. If we get the 8 win package or Mercury, then that's pretty fun, too.

1) xplicitone
2)
3)

Just started a crucible match, but I'm totally down. I think you're on my friends list but psn is monsterfracas_ if not. Super new to ToO but I'm always down to mess around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom