• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostburn

Had to go away on a business trip for a week, back for a week and a half then went to the beach for a week. Finally back today and just about 0 desire to play Destiny at the moment. I might try to hop on from time to time but probably won't be playing like I used to until The Taken King comes out. Still chasing the Gjallarhorn and other then some PVP fun I am content with what I've done. Saw the Bungie day post as well as the weekly update. I guess I'll get that new emblem Sept 15th without even having to log in since it was announced according to my Bungie.net profile page.

It was weirdly fun (different, at least) doing 34 PoE without great team DPS because I had to go through the mechanics of the fight. We DPSd until the target came out. After taking out the target, we just survived and let the boss take care of the dregs.

For the second DPS phase, we whittled the boss' health down to just about 50% since we knew we had done that much in the first phase. It was easy to burn through the last of his health from that point.

Pat_DC

Thanks for the advice Ghaleon, will level up my alts.

Big thanks to Sparrow & Lionel for carrying me on that PoE, you're backs might be hurting for awhile from all that heavy lifting you guys did. Got intense!

sjay1994

Nobody likes the lightswitch.
And the elemental primary drop rate is the lowest makes it almost worthless.
And Trials opened up today.
Many many More people did Skolas when it was elemental burns lol.

Well... I guess I picked a bad time to ignore destiny. I recently picked it up maybe 3 days ago. Was distracted by witcher 3

I'd love to do Trials, but my internet is so god damn garbage, that normal crucible matches for me are just messes of teleporting enemies, and me only getting a kill after I have been killed

Skolas is actually a cool encounter now. It requires a lot of teamwork. Almost reminds me of VoG Relics where you had to cleanse and work together to survive

Frostburn

Skolas is actually a cool encounter now. It requires a lot of teamwork. Almost reminds me of VoG Relics where you had to cleanse and work together to survive

I agree the changes they made to the encounter made it better, proves that if they properly balance an encounter it can be challenging and FUN without being a super stressful, exploitative frustrating, wait 10 mins for full heavy +synth cool-down type thing.

Deku Tree

Well... I guess I picked a bad time to ignore destiny. I recently picked it up maybe 3 days ago. Was distracted by witcher 3

I'd love to do Trials, but my internet is so god damn garbage, that normal crucible matches for me are just messes of teleporting enemies, and me only getting a kill after I have been killed

Skolas will be better next reset when there is no lightswitches. More people will be doing it.

Won the raffle and got carried by Nghtly. Just tuned in while I was going to eat dinner and my name got called. Solar summoner, but I guess I can toss my kinetic one. Those guys are too good. I actually contributed a bit, unlike my last carry.

Won the raffle and got carried by Nghtly. Just tuned in while I was going to eat dinner and my name got called. Solar summoner, but I guess I can toss my kinetic one. Those guys are too good. I actually contributed a bit, unlike my last carry.

Gratz!

One day i shall see Murcury with my own eyes as ive kept myself from seeing any footage of it online.

Definity

Nghtly is such a cool laid back guy. I really enjoy watching his stream...and his commentary once he really gets into the groove is perfect.

No worries man. Have fun. I told him he should play on my ps4 while I level up my char but he is enjoying this new shotgun

I'll help you level up if you want if you need it this weekend. I still have to do most of the "side" missions. Have a Fang of Ir Yut that needs some XP.

34. Horn. Cmon man. World beater over here.

phen0m24

I'll help you level up if you want if you need it this weekend. I still have to do most of the "side" missions. Have a Fang of Ir Yut that needs some XP.

34. Horn. Cmon man. World beater over here.
Sounds good.

Dude eat your dinner
;)

Top of the page! Confession time.

I don't like the new Xbox controller, but even admitting that I really think it's build quality is way better than the DS4. The triggers feel like they'll last a good while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom