• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, Dgaf.

Yesterday was a farming day mixed with trying some things I haven't done yet. I did the daily on 32 without even dying, just being careful and sniping a lot. Heroic on Hard, and after that and between farming I would try the Strike Dragon... and Prison of Elders 28.

xse8VlGl.jpg

This is where I stand now. I have the full set of Legendary armor bought from the Vanguard, so now I can put exotics without having to go to a piece of blue armor as it happened before.Most of my weapons are Legendary now with one exotic, just missing... The damn shotgun. Although over time it is becoming less and less useful, as short distance combat is less and less of a good idea. Some findings from yesterday:

79rjLXjl.jpg

SkmgzyVl.jpg

vy1JVMel.jpg

So, my thoughts so far:

- I think I can concluded that I have finally skipped the under equipped part. I should be able to hold my own on VoG more or less without issues.

- PoE 28 is the maximum I should go for unless I go with an expert. It was hard, required a lot of knowledge and i can be glad that the other two guardians knew what they were doing and knew the paths and where enemies where going to appear. What I did not understand was the free fall at the end. You just fall down to the bottom orr there are aditional chests you can pick.

- Apparently Titans seem to be the least like class and it is boring to see so many hunters. I got the three crucible bounties for "kill X class 25 times" and obviously Hunter is the only one that advances. I wonder if with the third subclass this may change.

- Maybe I should increase stick sensitivity for turns. It is starting to feel slow when I am in a hurry.

- I still haven't found a happy weapon of choice for PvP. Looks like the Handcannon is the way to go, but I can't decide on a special weapon, the shotgun being extremely limited to where you can use it

And that's all. Looks like I need to start looking for Etheric Lights, which will mean getting better at this and look for groups for PoE.

And that's all. Looks like I need to start looking for Etheric Lights, which will mean getting better at this and look for groups for PoE.

You should and can easily do poe 32. Don't waste time farming 28. The armor core from 32 will get you to 33.

VoG normal is lvl 26 raid, you were good to go when you were 28. 32 is basically bit more defense on your stats.

You can easily do VoG hard and Crota hard, and poe 32.

When you beat the boss on 32, you fall down to the treasure room and there are 3 chests there. Two small ones that will award strange coins, motes of lights, maybe a treasure key and some glimmer. The big chest in the middle requires a treasure key and will award you with a legendary queens weapon, and chance of dropping an exotic.

Hunters are the most common because they are the best pvp class. Titans are super fun too, and mvp in PVE content.

You should do the nightfall as well, chance of getting exotic or etheric light.

For pvp, Hand cannons and pulse rifles are your best bet.

You should do the nightfall as well, chance of getting exotic or etheric light.

Yep. In fact yesterday I noticed on the strike Dragon that I finally was dealing enough damage to enemies on the Dust Palace. Maybe the other guardian was pretty good, but we cleared the strike pretty easily between just two characters. Nightfall modifiers are a whole different story, I guess.

Also trying the sunsinger a lot. It does not have yet the same lavel as the fully leveled voidwalker I use for hard events, but it is getting cool, although I need to understand better the super.

Well, time for some spinning and cleaning (I won't be playing a lot to not be very tired for tomorrow). I don't want to be burned out again for tomorrow's raid.

Yep. In fact yesterday I noticed on the strike Dragon that I finally was dealing enough damage to enemies on the Dust Palace. Maybe the other guardian was pretty good, but we cleared the strike pretty easily between just two characters. Nightfall modifiers are a whole different story, I guess.

Also trying the sunsinger a lot. It does not have yet the same lavel as the fully leveled voidwalker I use for hard events, but it is getting cool, although I need to understand better the super.

Well, time for some spinning and cleaning (I won't be playing a lot to not be very tired for tomorrow). I don't want to be burned out again for tomorrow's raid.

Nightfall this week can be tricky if you don't have decent arc weapons. You got that P&T sniper just in time, and your RL is arc as well. :)

Let me know if you need help with nightfall or poe 32.

Voidwalker > Sunsinger anyday

7-0 and lost the 8th win. At least I got the Gold package
Another Fusion Rifle

Met a couple of cool guys on lfg, surprisingly. One of them sounded just like Wicked

Nightfall this week can be tricky if you don't have decent arc weapons. You got that P&T sniper just in time, and your RL is arc as well. :)

Let me know if you need help with nightfall or poe 32.

Voidwalker > Sunsinger anyday

It is more like I only get Arc Weapons, xD. I also have that swapable Murmur and I think Plug.One as a Fusion Rifle with Arc, too. Vestian Dinasty has been helping a lot with shielded captains (the kind that teleports).You were RuthlessBarbarian?

Seriously, PSN should allow adding notes in the friendlist. I may enter later in the evening if we don't go out out (summer blockbusters are accumulating)

It is more like I only get Arc Weapons, xD. I also have that swapable Murmur and I think Plug.One as a Fusion Rifle with Arc, too. Vestian Dinasty has been helping a lot with shielded captains (the kind that teleports).You were RuthlessBarbarian?

Seriously, PSN should allow adding notes in the friendlist. I may enter later in the evening if we don't go out out (summer blockbusters are accumulating)

Yeah, arc weapons are the most common imo. Solar next, and void the rarest.

Yup that's me.

different gaf and psn names can be confusing to remember, I have 565 psn friends, 400+ from DGAF.... :p

Vestian Dynasty is awesome. Glad you're liking it. Most people hate it.

Vestian Dynasty is awesome. Glad you're liking it. Most people hate it.

It's awesome. It's very short range, but with rate of fire and mag size it can deal damage much better than a shotgun. It's good for Thrall mobs, but it really shines disposing of shields, even if they aren't arc. It proved great against the boss Psions in Dust Palace.

Meffer

Morning, Dgaf.

Yesterday was a farming day mixed with trying some things I haven't done yet. I did the daily on 32 without even dying, just being careful and sniping a lot. Heroic on Hard, and after that and between farming I would try the Strike Dragon... and Prison of Elders 28.

xse8VlGl.jpg

This is where I stand now. I have the full set of Legendary armor bought from the Vanguard, so now I can put exotics without having to go to a piece of blue armor as it happened before.Most of my weapons are Legendary now with one exotic, just missing... The damn shotgun. Although over time it is becoming less and less useful, as short distance combat is less and less of a good idea. Some findings from yesterday:

79rjLXjl.jpg

SkmgzyVl.jpg

vy1JVMel.jpg

So, my thoughts so far:

- I think I can concluded that I have finally skipped the under equipped part. I should be able to hold my own on VoG more or less without issues.

- PoE 28 is the maximum I should go for unless I go with an expert. It was hard, required a lot of knowledge and i can be glad that the other two guardians knew what they were doing and knew the paths and where enemies where going to appear. What I did not understand was the free fall at the end. You just fall down to the bottom orr there are aditional chests you can pick.

- Apparently Titans seem to be the least like class and it is boring to see so many hunters. I got the three crucible bounties for "kill X class 25 times" and obviously Hunter is the only one that advances. I wonder if with the third subclass this may change.

- Maybe I should increase stick sensitivity for turns. It is starting to feel slow when I am in a hurry.

- I still haven't found a happy weapon of choice for PvP. Looks like the Handcannon is the way to go, but I can't decide on a special weapon, the shotgun being extremely limited to where you can use it

Shotguns are the go to special weapons in PvP because of the often closed in spaces you'll find yourself in. Found Verdict is a favorite shotgun of choice. You'll find it in VoG runs as rewards. So yeah Handcannons and shotguns in PvP.

Obscured

I can't stop playing crucible, but very inconsistent the last few days. Connection is green, but shots don't always feel like they're hitting, blink jump isn't always firing and some shotgun shots have crazy range and others take only partial health at in your face range and sometimes seems to fire slowly.

No radar is a lot of fun though, kind of surprised they left it in for Trials.

It's awesome. It's very short range, but with rate of fire and mag size it can deal damage much better than a shotgun. It's good for Thrall mobs, but it really shines disposing of shields, even if they aren't arc. It proved great against the boss Psions in Dust Palace.

Exactly, it rips even non-arc shields apart very quickly.

Langy

So Gaf, whats the consensus on best rocket launcher for trials, and what roll should i be looking for ideally?

My rockets seem pointless, never get kills with them.seems to be grenades and horeshoes i think is the perk every fucker seems to have cos they kill me when fired within 6 miles of where i'm stood.

Also needed to kill phogoth to get another thorn bounty started, and only dropped a hopscotch pilgrim on the first dragon strike i did, which happened to be phogoth! i was happy to say the least. what should i roll for this too??

bitsurugi

So Gaf, whats the consensus on best rocket launcher for trials, and what roll should i be looking for ideally?

My rockets seem pointless, never get kills with them.seems to be grenades and horeshoes i think is the perk every fucker seems to have cos they kill me when fired within 6 miles of where i'm stood.

Also needed to kill phogoth to get another thorn bounty started, and only dropped a hopscotch pilgrim on the first dragon strike i did, which happened to be phogoth! i was happy to say the least. what should i roll for this too??

Radegast, Ash factory with 3pod, javelin and horshoes or Tomorrow's answer. Cant go wrong with those.

ocean

Banned

Decent solution; buy the Dead Orbit RL. Tripod and Grenades & Horseshoes straight from the vendor. It's not the best but it's certainly good enough.

Top tier choices:
Ash Factory (random Crucible drop)
Radegast's Fury (Iron Banner)
Dreamwalker (PoE chest random drop)
Tomorrow's Answer (ToO)

For any of these you want to re roll for:
Warhead Verniers / Hard Launch
Tripod
Javelin
Grenades & Horseshoes

A RL without proximity detonation just isn't PvP viable right now. If all else fails, since Heavy round is at a fixed moment in Trials it's easy to switch out your weapons. Equip your Truth or Gjallarhorn while you look for a good Legendary roll :)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Got my first G-horn from PoE 28. I am ecstatic!!!!!!!!

Now I just need a decent purple primary weapon so I can not suck while leveling this thing. If only I could get an etheric light to save my life to upgrade my VoC...

Warlock from a level 20 to level 34 in less than 24 hours (not playing time but actual hours) with having 0 gear must be a record. Unless all vendors sell different gear each time.

Anyways, I played trials today from 12pm when it became active to 5am, with just a dinner break. That's like 15 hours of play time.

6 win, 7 win, and 8 win cards.

Hoping to get to Mercury just once, hopefully my new Warlock. But just getting the 8 win package is good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom