• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siaynoqq

Son of Mithras - want to actually finish a whole card with me tonight before I go to bed? Something always gets in the way for us haha.

By the way, why Rocket launchers are considered better than Machine Guns in the Trials ?

They're guaranteed a kill(s) for the most part, which is important in elimination. Also heavy ammo doesn't carry over into the next rounds, if it did you'd see more MGs in trials.

nOoblet16

By the way, why Rocket launchers are considered better than Machine Guns in the Trials ?

Advantage of machine gun over other weapons is fast TTK without reloading and lots of ammo, but there are already guns like TLW that have faster TTK, although you do have to reload but considering you only face three players a Rocket Launcher is a better option...especially because heavy ammo does not carry over to the next round and that you can fire a rocket launcher while jumping and don't have to aim much.

A RL is always > a machine gun, and in trials you only put yourself at a disadvantage when others have a RL.

ocean

Banned
Rockets are instant kills without aiming, with proximity they just have to land close. The only thing that limits them is the low ammo count. In Elimination, you only face 3 people so ammo isn't really much of an issue.

The only way you can contest someone with a RL is either a RL of your own, some Supers (Bladedancers survive any Rocket to the face except Gjallarhorn for ex) or maybe a Sniper? If you're in Machine Gun range the aaaabsolute best you can hope for is a trade and not a kill.

In regular Crucible, the only effective way to use Machine Guns is to grab the ammo and camp a minute or so while the enemy team uses or loses their rockets. Then you can go nuts. But using a machine gun while rockets are loaded is basically suicide.

Hyun Sai

Because you can fire a rocket off quicker while either jumping or moving than having to stand out in the open for a few seconds firing a MG.

They're guaranteed a kill(s) for the most part, which is important in elimination. Also heavy ammo doesn't carry over into the next rounds, if it did you'd see more MGs in trials.

Advantage of machine gun over other weapons is fast TTK without reloading and lots of ammo, but there are already guns like TLW that have faster TTK, although you do have to reload but considering you only face three players a Rocket Launcher is a better option...especially because heavy ammo does not carry over to the next round and that you can fire a rocket launcher while jumping and don't have to aim much.

A RL is always > a machine gun, and in trials you only put yourself at a disadvantage when others have a RL.

Rockets are instant kills without aiming, with proximity they just have to land close. The only thing that limits them is the low ammo count. In Elimination, you only face 3 people so ammo isn't really much of an issue.

The only way you can contest someone with a RL is either a RL of your own, some Supers (Bladedancers survive any Rocket to the face except Gjallarhorn for ex) or maybe a Sniper? If you're in Machine Gun range the aaaabsolute best you can hope for is a trade and not a kill.

In regular Crucible, the only effective way to use Machine Guns is to grab the ammo and camp a minute or so while the enemy team uses or loses their rockets. Then you can go nuts. But using no machine gun while rockets are loaded is basically suicide.

Thx for the responses

420bits

Anyone wanna do PoE 35? Haven't done it yet, need it for my "Moments of triumph"-thingie.

34lock with Ballerhorn and stuff

noomi

Well good morning there DGAF!

The weekend is here, trials is here.... mmm yessss :D

Off to the beach for a bit today, but when I get back I'm hitting that trials HARD. Want to get my 3 flawless wins, I feel pretty optimistic about the chest on Mercury :p

noomi

Summoner(s) await noomi :p

272.gif

SeanR1221

Beat 35 PoE last night and got shit from skolas. No, literally. I got nothing.

Opened the chest and I got her right hand. Oh. Wow. Cool.

kiguel182

Good morning DGaf!

I think I'll spend my Destiny time today doing some of HOW's story quests. Then I'll be prepared to try PoE I guess.

And, VoG tomorrow! Excited for that too.

sajj316

Hey guys .. some trials advice. If going downhill, what's the best side to go? Left or right? If going uphill, which side is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom