• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad was it with Lightswitch? Might give it a go before reset.

Pretty bad!.... like ocean say.. stay away from captain
Captain.png

GhaleonEB

Agreed. I'm done with him until they fix that shit. At least throw me SOMETHING. To give literally nothing is comical.

I play for the armor and weapon cores, etheric light, PoE rep and the XP drop, which is decent. Anything else is gravy - the main chest hasn't really dropped anything good yet for me either. I think they really need to up the elemental primary drops, I've gotten one in eight Skolas runs. (And it sucks.)

On that note - I'd be down for Skolas now, or PoE 32.

What would be the most efficient method to grind Crucible Marks? I want to grab Up The Ante from the Crucible Quatermaster, but I kinda hate the pvp in this game.

How bad was it with Lightswitch? Might give it a go before reset.

It's very doable once you understand the mechanics and everyone is communicating. But yeah, both small arms and lightswitch make it much harder, so if you can wait till next week, maybe skip it for now.

Thank you so much mate, donno know what will i do without you :)

Thanks again! Can't wait to try it when it's not Lightswitch, haha.

Yeah it was a team effort, communication is key.

Let me know. Might give it a go later day, after 7 pm EST.

34 with Gally and other 365 weapons. Plan on using my Titan defender.

PSN is sajj316

Best to have one of each class in the fireteam.

Ragarra

I play for the armor and weapon cores, etheric light, PoE rep and the XP drop, which is decent. Anything else is gravy - the main chest hasn't really dropped anything good yet for me either. I think they really need to up the elemental primary drops, I've gotten one in eight Skolas runs. (And it sucks.)

On that note - I'd be down for Skolas now, or PoE 32.

I'd be down for skolas in like 1.5-2 hours. Still can't believe I'm willing to go back in that place. I hate skolas so much. Obviously a lot longer than you probably wanna wait though.

cakely

If I someone has a pre House of Wolves Efrideet's Spear, and they reforge it at the gunsmith, can it get Final Round as a perk?

Asking for a friend.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I thought they took Lightswitch off....

When I loaded up the app yesterday it popped up all the buffs for Skolas and it showed trickle and small arms.
What the what?

k1t4j

I just got my first elder cipher, and I am now waiting for Variks to get back to me.

What's the consensus here on the best weapon to choose from?

I am interested mainly in PVE, for PVP it will be hard for me to stop using an exotic primary Hawkmoon/Thorn/TLW

ocean

Banned
If I someone has a pre House of Wolves Efrideet's Spear, and they reforge it at the gunsmith, can it get Final Round as a perk?

Asking for a friend.
Yeah. You can still roll Field Scout and/or Final Round on your Spear if it's an old one.
An old Felwinter's can also roll Hammer Forged.

ocean

Banned
Pretty bad!.... like ocean say.. stay away from captain
Captain.png
Skolas is just a silly pushover. He's completely harmless without Solar burn, he shouldn't be able to kill you ever really.

Those Melee Captains on the other hand are the true threats of that encounter. Don't even bother trying, you see one you run. Makes the fight a lot easier :p

raindoc

I just got my first elder cipher, and I am now waiting for Variks to get back to me.

What's the consensus here on the best weapon to choose from?

I am interested mainly in PVE, for PVP it will be hard for me to stop using an exotic primary Hawkmoon/Thorn/TLW

For PvE? IMO Lord of Wolves

Ragarra

Skolas is just a silly pushover. He's completely harmless without Solar burn, he shouldn't be able to kill you ever really.

Those Melee Captains on the other hand are the true threats of that encounter. Don't even bother trying, you see one you run. Makes the fight a lot easier :p

Unless they sneak up on you and kill everyone.....

ocean

Banned
Perfect! My, uh, friend will be pleased.
Tell your friend, if he's so inclined, that Weapons of Light buffs damage by the same amount as Final Round.

A WoL bubble basically gives all your team full magazines of final rounds. It's hilarious to spam Ice Breaker or Her Benevolence or whatever with WoL, one body shot kills for everyone :p

Yup. Any time you see a captain just bolt in the other direction and use heavy. The hardest part of that encounter is probably keeping track of who is immune when someone inevitably does fall to a captain. Just keep communicating and run from the captains and it shouldn't be too difficult.

And use bubbles/invis to dismantle mines.

cakely

Tell your friend, if he's so inclined, that Weapons of Light buffs damage by the same amount as Final Round.

A WoL bubble basically gives all your team full magazines of final rounds. It's hilarious to spam Ice Breaker or Her Benevolence or whatever with WoL, one body shot kills for everyone :p

I was just wondering about that this morning, actually.

Luis_23

Anybody trying to raid or Trials?

Raid. My PSN is Felyx. I'll have to warn you I only tried VoG once with some randoms that invited me and have a little experience with that. Crota's end, I never tried :/ if you're willing to walk me through to get a little understanding I'm up for it.

Anyone want to run a PoE 32? Haven't done any PoE this week and I need the hunter boots.

I started one solo, so just send a FR or join.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Had an awesome day today playing while nursing a cold, ended with grinding out one more mote to afford one more exotic helm in hope - against hope - of scoring Obsidian Mind.

Also got Word of Crota so work on the Thorn bounty can begin in earnest.

By the time I get it, it will be nerfed, but that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom