• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

I had some free time after work and visiting with family today, so I treated my thumbs and controller/s to some upgrades.

Both have 2000mAh batteries up from 1000mAh.
Both have Xbox One thumb sticks now.

PS4 has some nice analog sticks, but once you use the Xbox One's, its hard to go back.

tpUnc1M.jpg

LTWood12

I had some free time after work and visiting with family today, so I treated my thumbs and controller/s to some upgrades.

PS4 has some nice sticks, but once you use the Xbox One sticks, its hard to go back.

Very cool! Was it hard to do?

Wish you could fix my R2.

I need to take on this quest. Gun seems incredible

Spare Change drops like crazy in Crucible and it's basically the same gun, arguably a little better (a little better range, a little lower stability). I don't know why people spend so much time farming dragon strikes for the Pilgrim.

GutZ31

Very cool! Was it hard to do?

Wish you could fix my R2.
PM me your geographical location, and I'll see what shipping would be like in price, and if you have pictures, or can explain the problem, I will have a good idea of a proper fix.

Once you know how to open the controller, its pretty easy to do almost any mods to it.

rNilla

PS4 has some nice analog sticks, but once you use the Xbox One's, its hard to go back.
Blue controller with blue sticks? Do want.

adin75

Spare Change drops like crazy in Crucible and it's basically the same gun, arguably a little better (a little better range, a little lower stability). I don't know why people spend so much time farming dragon strikes for the Pilgrim.

That's my concern. I have a Spare Change and a pretty awesome AllFate, I can't help but feel when/if I get the Pilgrim it won't feel like it was worth the effort.

Siaynoqq

Anyone want to get some trials runs going? Gotten 7 wins multiple times - really want to at least get the gold package on a couple characters.

LTWood12

PM me your geographical location, and I'll see what shipping would be like in price, and if you have pictures, or can explain the problem, I will have a good idea of a proper fix.

Once you know how to open the controller, its pretty easy to do almost any mods to it.

Wow that's awesome. Basically I busted it on one of my controllers running sword against Croat. One of the springs that provides resistance is out, so sometimes it gets stuck in a pressed position. Still usable, but not optimal.

I'll pm you.

LTWood12

I've got a Messenger which is the closest thing. I love it.

GutZ31

Hopscotch pilgrim can have 24, up to a 36 round mag without field scout.

That alone is pretty huge compared to spare changes best mag roll of 30, or the least of 18.

P44

Spare Change has a dogshit recoil pattern. I mean really bad. Up and to the left, by enough to throw off headshotting. - it doesn't really compare to the messenger if we're talking sheer ease of use. Also makes it fairly sucky at range too.

Hopscotch pilgrim can have 24, up to a 36 round mag without field scout.

That alone is pretty huge compared to spare changes best mag roll of 30, or the least of 18.

Since when does the magazine change size based on roll? Are you talking about how perks affect it? The difference between 24 rounds and 30 rounds isn't a big deal in PVP for a gun that fires really slowly. I almost never get through the full 24 rounds, and I play very aggresively. Plus the reload is really fast anyways.

Spare Change has a dogshit recoil pattern. I mean really bad. Up and to the left, by enough to throw off headshotting. - it doesn't really compare to the messenger if we're talking sheer ease of use. Also makes it fairly sucky at range too.

Well you're probably going to want a stability perk in the second slot anyways, so it will have virtually no recoil.

P44

Well you're probably going to want a stability perk in the second slot anyways, so it will have virtually no recoil.

It still maintains that base characteristic though. You have to roll for the scopes that change the recoil pattern. Else I just really hate using it at range, and I've been using it as a main gun for a while with stability perks on two slots.

It still maintains that base characteristic though. You have to roll for the scopes that change the recoil pattern. Else I just really hate using it at range, and I've been using it as a main gun for a while with stability perks on two slots.

I believe you, but I haven't even noticed. I have one with hand-laid stock and the recoil seems non-existant. I have a Hopscotch Pilgrim too, but I've only used that a handful of times because it didn't really feel any different. Maybe I should use them both back to back.

P44

I believe you, but I haven't even noticed. I have one with hand-laid stock and the recoil seems non-existant. I have a Hopscotch Pilgrim too, but I've only used that a handful of times because it didn't really feel any different. Maybe I should use them both back to back.

Heh I've done more shooting at walls than I'm proud to admit. Hangover from my cs 1.6 days when I was a kid.

GutZ31

Since when does the magazine change size based on roll? Are you talking about how perks affect it? The difference between 24 rounds and 30 rounds isn't a big deal in PVP for a gun that fires really slowly. I almost never get through the full 24 rounds, and I play very aggresively. Plus the reload is really fast anyways.

1703.jpg

11313265_479542682200785_738541925_n.jpg

Need more?

Stability on a pulse rifle is a big deal when you are hunting headshots. Hopscotch has a lead out the gate with its base stability.

Edit: You cant reroll for a better mag to my knowledge, but when you acquire them from activities, they can have a random mag size.
As far as I know, only auto rifles, scouts, and pulse rifles have this.

Had a few motes to burn and I felt nostalgic for the beta so I'm going to be running this in Crucible for a bit to see how truly nerfed ARs are. Why? I have no idea, but it's going to suuuuuck.
Long Live Shingen-C

Definity

Anybody still trying for Mercury?

Got 8-1 yesterday so that is all I have left. Anybody up for some attempts?

Trials...

1. Dunk7

Hell of a run Dunk. Thanks! Too bad we ended up at 8-1 again. I think we can pull it off next time. We started really coming together as a team there in the end.

GhaleonEB

My 2nd elder cypher is at 875 points. I should be responsible and go to bed. But I want that shotgun, dammit. My Hunter wants a new toy.

Really? Had no idea the scope changed it.

Is it known what causes the glitch where you don't get a key for turning in the first bounty to Petra? It's happened twice in a row to me and it's starting to get annoying.

GutZ31

Is it known what causes the glitch where you don't get a key for turning in the first bounty to Petra? It's happened twice in a row to me and it's starting to get annoying.

1. You already have 5 on your character.
2. You have no room for it in your inventory.
3. Your postmaster already has 5 keys as well as your inventory is full.

I haven't even seen a Pilgrim drop for anyone.

I got my 2nd after doing my 4th Dragon strike ever last night. It is clear that the Hypescotch has chosen me as its instrument of death. Even had awesome default rolls, if it had Braced Frame instead of Hand Laid Stock I'd be rerolling the one I already have instead.

Morning. So, 3 hours 40 minutes left for the newbie raid? I will be entering the game one hour before. I don't know if we need to be all of us in VoG or how it is done. It would be the first time I work in a non matchmaked group.

Current mood: shitty. Another night of insomnia, pretty moody, but I will hold. After this it is Destiny break for me. I need to work a bit on the backlog of games every month plus other things I've been putting away due to gaming.

Morning. So, 3 hours 40 minutes left for the newbie raid? I will be entering the game one hour before. I don't know if we need to be all of us in VoG or how it is done. It would be the first time I work in a non matchmaked group.

Current mood: shitty. Another night of insomnia, pretty moody, but I will hold. After this it is Destiny break for me. I need to work a bit on the backlog of games every month plus other things I've been putting away due to gaming.

No, we have to load into the raid together. Just join me in orbit.

Hope that the VoG run will put you in a better mood. I'm sure you will enjoy it and you should definitely play hard raid for a chance at getting Fatebringer, the best primary weapon for pve content.

Normal Vault of Glass - today, in 4.5 hours! Newbie raid for first timers.

Raid starts at level 26 but minimum level to enter is 23.
However, to be effective, level 25+ is preferred.

No gear requirements, bring your blues and greens if that's all you have.

Sunday 12PM GMT +1 (EU)
Sunday 7AM GMT -4 (US)
Sunday 9PM GMT +10 (AU)

Depending on time, we can also do a normal Crota's End raid afterwards, minimum level to enter is 27 though since it's a level 30 raid.

Our raiders:

1. DeathJr. (PSN: ruthlesbarbarian) GMT+10
2. Apple Season (PSN: figaliz) GMT+1
3. Kurumi (PSN: XxNinjaAyanexX) GMT -4
4. SolicitorPirate (PSN: SolicitorPirate) GMT+10
5. stlobus (PSN: lobus) GMT -4
6. kiguel182 (PSN: kiguel183) GMT+1

The sherpa(s) will not instruct the newbies in the ways of the vault, they will learn and discover (and die a lot) on their own. It will be glorious!

Join me in orbit when everyone is online and we'll get this party started.

rNilla

I got my 2nd after doing my 4th Dragon strike ever last night. It is clear that the Hypescotch has chosen me as its instrument of death. Even had awesome default rolls, if it had Braced Frame instead of Hand Laid Stock I'd be rerolling the one I already have instead.
tumblr_lvrrfmyjEa1r790gdo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom