• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighte

Anyone know of a sure fire way to spawn public events? Got 15 to do and I'm getting sick of doing laps of the moon.

Download an app like destiny public events and go wherever the next event is. Its timerbased so you can not trigger it yourself.

Anyone know of a sure fire way to spawn public events? Got 15 to do and I'm getting sick of doing laps of the moon.

I used the app DestinyPublic Events on Android, but lately it`s been failing a lot and events not appearing. The first time I used I could get 40 marks in just two hours and go crazy defending warsats.

Now what I need is to know is at which time wolves spawn. Queenbreaker is always there, but the full packs that spawn in the open world are a different thing.

It seems like I'm not in the right instances some times.

Been using that and I haven't had much luck.

It is a bit delayed. You need to wait until +5min and leave after 6. But yes, its hard to farm. I`m glad I have the full vanguard gear before this started failing.

Nighte

It seems like I'm not in the right instances some times.

Been using that and I haven't had much luck.

Think the app indicate that the timers are set to show when an event can start and a color indicating the expected possible delay until it starts. Sometimes it can take 5-8 minutes before the event actually starts.

maomaoIYP

I just got back into this after stopping just after the first DLC dropped. Two questions: why do ascendant materials still drop if they aren't used anymore? The only route to 34 from 32 is still the raid am I correct?

Ken

I just got back into this after stopping just after the first DLC dropped. Two questions: why do ascendant materials still drop if they aren't used anymore? The only route to 34 from 32 is still the raid am I correct?

You still use ascendant materials to upgrade gear that used to use them so VoG weapons and armor, and any legendaries you held on to from back then. They can also be exchanged for glimmer, motes, or the opposite material at the Speaker now.

32 to 34 is through etheric lights you can get from several weekly activities, IIRC.

You can also get gear with the new light cap from Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris.

Was there a weapon that used to direct you to planetary materials and chests? I seem to remember this from early in the game, or am I going crazy?

Edit: Ah yes. That must be it. Thanks.

Out 1

Big, huge thanks to Out 1 and SentinelPrimus for all your help in beating Skolas for my very first time :D

You guys rock!!!!

Thanks for the invite! It was a fun fight, despite having lightswitch modifier. Have put some points towards the elder sipher (it was at 0/1000 for the last 3 weeks...) :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Voidwalkers are more useful in PvE than them Sunsingers imo. Especially in VoG.

Can you elaborate? I played voidwalker a LOT at release, but ever since I got the Sunsinger exotic bracers, I've been Sunsinger exclusively. I'm curious what makes Voidwalker the better choice.

I'd run Void in VoG too personally.

Now if it was new content and we were pushing to complete it, then I'd run sunsinger with Fireborn.

It just depends on the scenario really.

For VoG though with there being plenty of adds, Bad Juju + Obsidian Mind combo = Nova Bombs all day.

Problem with sunsinger is that you're shoehorned into running Fireborn. The mitigate damage perk isn't really useful as you shouldn't be in a position to be taking damage anyway. The team-mate CD perk relies on you being close together and communication.

Now, sure you can pop Radiance while taking the Fireborn perk and still being alive, but if you die, while Radiance is still charging, it's effectively a waste of a perk then.

Sunsinger has better grenades.

Void walker has arguably better orb generation due to more super usage.

Also Sunsinger without HoPF is a waste imo. But that's just preference.

ocean

Banned
Can you elaborate? I played voidwalker a LOT at release, but ever since I got the Sunsinger exotic bracers, I've been Sunsinger exclusively. I'm curious what makes Voidwalker the better choice.
Voidwalkers can Blonk away from danger, gain extra agility from their melee, and use Void abilities against the only shielded enemies in the Vault.

Sun singers can be super useful too for making orbs but people for some reason hang on to that super and never use it until they die. It's a total waste with that play style, specially on Normal when you can just be revived anyways.

Also: Nothing Manacles + Bloom + Anhilate with a high discipline build is just freaking fantastic.

Kyoufu

Okay I didn't realise we were talking about normal mode VoG here. Since revives are possible then I guess it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom