• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WipedOut

Gjally #5 - 1st exotic to ever drop in crucible

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

mmm. The raid happens during lunch for me. Guess I will have to prepare a few sandwichs for the break. And a lot of coffee.

These days I have the wireless keyboard plugged into the console. Not very useful, but at least I can answer PSN messages fast. I will be on the headset, but I don't think I will talk. Social Anxiety works opposite for me. I am a normal person in real life, but I tend to freak out online. And that's what I liked about Destiny Matchmaking... People don't usually talk.

BTW, yesterday I was streaming at medium quality without issues... which means I may have issues with my ISP again. Looks like they have doubles my bandwitch, when I explicitly asked them to downgrade it (before I bought the PS4).

Another fun thing is that since buying Destiny I haven't beaten another game. +50 hours on the main character already plus probably 2-3 on the alt. Yesterday I tried the bladedancer super, and it feels quite risky. There is not a lot of control on what you are doing and I am concerned about finishing in the worst possible place after the super wears. Things I have to do balance Destiny with:

- Freedom Planet
- Catlevania Lords of Shadow (a bit tired of AAA's now)
- Wild Arms 3
- Gravity Rush.

I hope Mighty No.9 is terrible and I can skip it. Playing an MMO sure is hard to balance.

Went 8-1 in trials. Lost to a group of thorn-wielding Ram voidwalkers.

The hate was real. ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽.

I officially hate that gun and will never ever use it ever again
until I see someone using it and then I'll probably pull it out T_T

Siaynoqq

As always, had a blast playing with you and tokems. We will definitely hit Mercury at some point this week if we can get more runs in together.

mmm. The raid happens during lunch for me. Guess I will have to prepare a few sandwichs for the break. And a lot of coffee.

These days I have the wireless keyboard plugged into the console. Not very useful, but at least I can answer PSN messages fast. I will be on the headset, but I don't think I will talk. Social Anxiety works opposite for me. I am a normal person in real life, but I tend to freak out online. And that's what I liked about Destiny Matchmaking... People don't usually talk.

Communication is key for raiding and pvp. It's a team activity that requires call-outs and teamwork. It's good to talk but there is no pressure, if you don't feel like it, you don't have to.

Matchmaking has team chat options, which were patched in specifically after people requested it. Randoms mostly don't talk, but we're not randoms :)

There is a reason why raids, trials etc don't have matchmaking and require a pre-made party, and why Bungie defends this decision vigorously.

I feel you man. Went flawless with one character but 8-1 several times on my warlock. Currently sitting on a 7-2 card on my titan. I might be done with trials for this week after this. Love the map, since it has made me much better at sniping.

As always, had a blast playing with you and tokems. We will definitely hit Mercury at some point this week if we can get more runs in together.

Yeah! Same.

I feel you man. Went flawless with one character but 8-1 several times on my warlock. Currently sitting on a 7-2 card on my titan. I might be done with trials for this week after this. Love the map, since it has made me much better at sniping.

Yeah. I'm starting to get used to TLW + sniper + bladedancer. Quickdraw is such a great perk. Switching from sniping straight to TLW has made firefights a lot easier for me to manage. Plus I finally got the HB roll I've always wanted

kudoboi

Normal Vault of Glass - today, in 4.5 hours! Newbie raid for first timers.

Raid starts at level 26 but minimum level to enter is 23.
However, to be effective, level 25+ is preferred.

No gear requirements, bring your blues and greens if that's all you have.

Sunday 12PM GMT +1 (EU)
Sunday 7AM GMT -4 (US)
Sunday 9PM GMT +10 (AU)

Depending on time, we can also do a normal Crota's End raid afterwards, minimum level to enter is 27 though since it's a level 30 raid.

Our raiders:

1. DeathJr. (PSN: ruthlesbarbarian) GMT+10
2. Apple Season (PSN: figaliz) GMT+1
3. Kurumi (PSN: XxNinjaAyanexX) GMT -4
4. SolicitorPirate (PSN: SolicitorPirate) GMT+10
5. stlobus (PSN: lobus) GMT -4
6. kiguel182 (PSN: kiguel183) GMT+1

The sherpa(s) will not instruct the newbies in the ways of the vault, they will learn and discover (and die a lot) on their own. It will be glorious!

Join me in orbit when everyone is online and we'll get this party started.
im up for it. PMed you

Another fun thing is that since buying Destiny I haven't beaten another game. +50 hours on the main character already plus probably 2-3 on the alt. Yesterday I tried the bladedancer super, and it feels quite risky. There is not a lot of control on what you are doing and I am concerned about finishing in the worst possible place after the super wears. Things I have to do balance Destiny with:

- Freedom Planet
- Catlevania Lords of Shadow (a bit tired of AAA's now)
- Wild Arms 3
- Gravity Rush.

I hope Mighty No.9 is terrible and I can skip it. Playing an MMO sure is hard to balance.

Holy shit, Freedom Planet, Wild Arms 3 and Gravity Rush are all top tier games. Haven't played Lords of Shadow, but given your obviously impeccable tastes, I'm going to assume it's great.

There is a reason why raids, trials etc don't have matchmaking and require a pre-made party, and why Bungie defends this decision vigorously.

And that's why I've been avoiding the game in the last days. destiny was a bit of an experiment with, see if I could actually work at an mmo, but I am still stuck at the barrier.

Holy shit, Freedom Planet, Wild Arms 3 and Gravity Rush are all top tier games. Haven't played Lords of Shadow, but given your obviously impeccable tastes, I'm going to assume it's great.

Keep in mind that I've played Shellshock 2: Blood Trails just for the masochistic factor and my opinion on Bloodborne has earned me sworn enemies already. Lords of Shadow was a Castlevania inspired game which was picked by Konami, but overall is a God of War Clone, up to the chain. I was playing Gravity Crush during Commutes, although people look weird at me when I overdo aiming with the gyroscopes.

Well, I will pm DeathJr in 30 minutes when I enter. Need to finish my laundry and wash my hair first and i will be ready, plus filling a bottle of water. I usually don't bring supplies to the living room, but damn "no pause, ever".

And that's why I've been avoiding the game in the last days. destiny was a bit of an experiment with, see if I could actually work at an mmo, but I am still stuck at the barrier.

Well, I will pm DeathJr in 30 minutes when I enter. Need to finish my laundry and wash my hair first and i will be ready, plus filling a bottle of water. I usually don't bring supplies to the living room, but damn "no pause, ever".

Destiny is not an mmo in the traditional sense. It's a hybrid.

I'm online now, if you want to do a nightfall before the raid, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom