• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Requiring a fellow xbone player for prison of elders lvl 32+ to play with me and pocket twos

send your resume to TanSineCosine on xbox live, ASAP

hydruxo

Barely played Destiny this week, I've been having too much fun playing Rocket League haha. Might need to do a Trials run for the Titan helmet later tonight though.

Proc

As someone who beat the campaign and didn't do too much else, I find myself with a week of free time and a season pass presented to me at discount on psn. Should I take the plunge or does the dlc only really impact your experience as you reach max level in vanilla destiny? Is the dlc content worth it to solo through? Thanks for your thoughts.

As someone who beat the campaign and didn't do too much else, I find myself with a week of free time and a season pass presented to me at discount on psn. Should I take the plunge or does the dlc only really impact your experience as you reach max level in vanilla destiny? Is the dlc content worth it to solo through? Thanks for your thoughts.
Personally I don't think the DLC is worth it if you're going strictly solo and just playing the story missions. There's 3 missions in TDB and 5 in HoW and each has a strike but the co-op content and PvP is the real meat of Destiny. If you wish to explore this content with other gamers there's no shortage of avenues to do so. Starting here with DGAF but also reddit, the100.io and LFG sites.

EL CUCO

Do updates reset look sensitivity? I like to play on 4 and just realized I've been playing on 7 since God knows when. I know I didn't touch it. Yesterday I noticed I've been missing some headshots that I usually get and just figured I was going through a slump and needed a break lol

Deku Tree

Do updates reset look sensitivity? I like to play on 4 and just realized I've been playing on 7 since God knows when. I know I didn't touch it. Yesterday I noticed I've been missing some headshots that I usually get and just figured I was going through a slump and needed a break lol

But default is three not seven.

420bits

The feeling when you rocket 3ppl in the face as they come around the corner and then 30sec later novabomb the same pack and watch them leave the game is priceless.

Winning is nice, but nothing beats a ragequit when you know you had something to do with it :D

Random pvping (control atm) so if someone wanna join, psn: inco

Agent

Congrats newbies, they did it! Ignore some people in the chat, who didn't bother to read that it was a blind newbie raid, you did great.

The best was that one dork going on about being a day one player and how he was basically an uber player. Then I looked him up and he had one character and 6 VoG clears in 200+ hours. I don't think he said a word after that was exposed.

The best was that one dork going on about being a day one player and how he was basically an uber player. Then I looked him up and he had one character and 6 VoG clears in 200+ hours. I don't think he said a word after that was exposed.

Hahaha nice one, I think I just tuned in at that moment. I don't see the point why they would go to a stream and just complain about how they're playing while they didn't even read the title. It took us all about 6 hours or more to clear our first VoG.

coy

Nice work on the newbie raid! DJ did real nice leading the way.
But he did it in 26 minutes! Superpro!

Phew.

Great job everyone, 4 hours (minus the breaks) is not a bad time at all.

Had an amazing time and hope everyone else did too.

Thanks everyone for watching. I think there were close to 60 viewers at one time, which was way more than expected. Also thanks for hosting the stream on your channel unstable :)

kiguel182

Ruth was totally being super subtle with us ahah "I wonder what's up there guys?!". Great stuff.

But man, super fun time and thanks for arranging it and for helping us with it. Great group and an awesome experience.

It would be awesome if we could do something similar for Crota's End.

Even if I only got crappy loot. Doesn't really matter.

GutZ31

Wow didn't know you can upgrade the batteries too. Do you provide warranty?
Modding with a warranty is pretty strange without a $100+ price tagged along with it.
The warranty is void as far as I know as soon as you open the controller.
That being said, it's up to your own needs/wants for willingness to potentially ruin a $50 controller.
I also use xbox one analog sticks on my controllers, there is no other way. As for the battery upgrade, I heard it's not quite safe to do so..... did that change?

You have to charge, and check the voltage of the batteries before putting them in.
The DS4 is able to resist up to 7.5volts from what I can tell, so if a battery with full charge exceeds that, it could potentially make the PCB brick.

Most overseas batteries I have are 6.8volts or lower. I have even been given duds with 4.1volts.

DS4 needs 3.7volts of continuous power for it to work correctly, if the power is already at 4volts, you are going to have a battery dead sooner than your stock battery.
Talking 1 or 2 hours.

kiguel182

Phew.

Thanks everyone for watching. I think there were close to 60 viewers at one time, which was way more than expected. Also thanks for hosting the stream on your channel unstable :)

I'm glad 60 people could experience me doing dumb jokes and fumbling to try and kill Oracles. I'm sure it was a treat.

Langy

Anyone wanna do something? not getting much luck recently getting things going. I'm up for anything, raids, poe, trials. Would really like to do poe 35 to complete my year 1 tasks thing but anything will do really.

Langoit on psn

Ruth was totally being super subtle with us ahah "I wonder what's up there guys?!". Great stuff.

But man, super fun time and thanks for arranging it and for helping us with it. Great group and an awesome experience.

It would be awesome if we could do something similar for Crota's End.

Even if I only got crappy loot. Doesn't really matter.

Don't worry, we can be flaming butt cape buddies together.

But yeah, thanks for the raid everyone! Hope we can go give Crota a visit next week!

Ah damn, I ran out to pick up breakfast and missed this.

Phew.

Above anything else, I need to say that I am terribly sorry. I am a complete mess at following patterns with the disappearing blocks (What's this, Megaman all over again?), and I am the one to blame for all the time we spent at the final boss until I managed to understad what you were telling me. I started getting anxious and desperate plus every possible communication mean started going on one after another from somebody desperate to contact me. I even was trying to read a guide between deaths.

Regarding the disappearing blocks segment, After crossing the first one I thought we were supposed to go to that sort of Stargate , instead of just turning right and going into the dark.

Worst part after me losing it, was the network issues I was under most of the time. I'd lose connection with the chat party, or even being disconnected from the servers. I believe the homeplug network adapters are to blame for. This would not be noticeable in a short strike, but when several hours span.... I think I will get a 25 metres network cable and run it from one side of the home to the other in case there is ever a raid.

The Gorgon maze was pretty incredible, with so much tension building.

No exotics for me, though. Just a ship. But the previous nightfall with DeathJr was totally worth it.

mm3magnet_15.gif

I really really hate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom