• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

Also, I like how Atheon is not super spongy or anything. People just need to work together and communicate. At that point it was frustrating to lose mostly because we were playing for a while but I really really enjoyed the whole thing.

We were being trolled? That sucks.

Also, would love to know the parts were we had to be more nudged and the ones we were quicker at getting.

I mean, the nudges you gave were good clues but it must be fun to be on the other side seeing us trying to figure stuff out.

Twitch trolls. GAF defended us :)

Templar was great, you guys figured it out very nicely. Pirate getting up close and trying to smash templar with the shield was hilarious.

Same with jumping puzzle and gatekeepers, you guys did very well.

Mostly it was Atheon that people struggle with, due to random teleports, relic cleanse, oracles, time's vengeance, supplicants, calling out portals, etc. There are still some things from VoG that you guys did not experience, but those will come in time and subsequent playthroughs.

Shito

Also, I like how Atheon is not super spongy or anything. People just need to work together and communicate. At that point it was frustrating to lose mostly because we were playing for a while but I really really enjoyed the whole thing.
Atheon and Templar are the best encounters in the game, hands down. They require teamwork from everyone in the team.
I really like Crota, but it's only really fun for one people in the whole team, the guy carrying the sword...

kiguel182

Twitch trolls. GAF defended us :)

Templar was great, you guys figured it out very nicely. Pirate getting up close and trying to smash templar with the shield was hilarious.

Same with jumping puzzle and gatekeepers, you guys did very well.

Mostly it was Atheon that people struggle with, due to random teleports, relic cleanse, oracles, time's vengeance, supplicants, calling out portals, etc. There are still some things from VoG that you guys did not experience, but those will come in time and subsequent playthroughs.

Yeah, Atheon was the most challenging part (because you did help us a ton in the Gorgon maze ahah) but it was a fun challenge I felt. Just demanded a lot of coordination for everyone and it didn't have a lot of room for mistakes.

And I'm curious for the other secrets and stuff on VOG but it really time consuming but hopefully I can get more groups of chill people here to experience that. I'm not interested in being a super hardcore raider that's why this group felt great because most people where chill about it.

I'm still curious about the rest of the platforms that's for sure ahah

Is there any interest for a flawless raid attempt tonight? CE normal obviously. Driz mentioned he'd help, so we'd just need 4. I'm thinking around 7 or 8 pm EST (about 6.5 hours from now).

I'll check the thread through the day for any interest.

kiguel182

Atheon and Templar are the best encounters in the game, hands down. They require teamwork from everyone in the team.
I really like Crota, but it's only really fun for one people in the whole team, the guy carrying the sword...

My problem with templar were the oracles that I just wasn't getting but since I mostly stuck with the relic I got to be useful.

And I agree, super fun for sure.

And the group was great and joking around and stuff was fun. A good group really helps. If people were raging or anything it would be super annoying.

Is there any interest for a flawless raid attempt tonight? CE normal obviously. Driz mentioned he'd help, so we'd just need 4. I'm thinking around 7 or 8 pm EST (about 6.5 hours from now).

I haven't run CE very much, but I'd be up for trying.

Owensboro

Crap.. looks like I just missed the VoG HM train.

Anyone left to start another?

Lets start another one.

Sure, I'm down! PSN OwensboroEsq

I haven't run CE very much, but I'd be up for trying.

Ditto on not doing it much (cleared it once normal and once heroic), but I'm absolutely down for trying!

Hey, I'll help yall out for more visibility:

CE Normal Flawless, 7pm or 8pm EST

1) Drizzay
2) DrLawyerCop
3) Teasing_Pink (psn?)
4) rc213
5)
6)

I think that for the record, I'm not touching the relic ever again. It took me a lot to understand what was going on. That One group had to navigate the "dark dimension" while the other had to keep clean it from exploding harpies. I did not understand about where to move or what to do (logic and puzzles are not my thing, much less stealth). Things started looking better for me when after so many retries I understood what I was supposed to do.

Then, weaponry, not sure what was the right one. In the end I was playing with a scout rifle + sidearm, in order to deal enough damage to the oracles and harpies.

I felt like I was dragging the whole team and making everything unenjoyable, which has always been my biggest fear keeping me away from online games: Dragging everybody and making it a horrible experience. I've been feeling guilty for all the last part. Feeling like going again? More like I don't want to try again in a long long time.

Actually, not even feeling very good even physically. I think I ate too fast during the break we took. after the first encounter with oracles and carrying the relic.

Shito

Would be interested in a flawless CE, but this one will end up being too late for me.
Good luck guys, though, hope you'll get it! :)

ocean

Banned
I'll join haven't done flawless, I always die in the first part, Damn thralls!
If you want flawless only one person needs to do the Abyss. A Stralth Hunter build (Khepri's or Don't Touch Me whatever) can solo until bridge and the rest of the team just transports there automatically.

Bridge legit is the easiest way for flawless though. But abyss = solo Hunter all the way.

kiguel182

I think that for the record, I'm not touching the relic ever again. It took me a lot to understand what was going on. That One group had to navigate the "dark dimension" while the other had to keep clean it from exploding harpies. I did not understand about where to move or what to do (logic and puzzles are not my thing, much less stealth). Things started looking better for me when after so many retries I understood what I was supposed to do.

Then, weaponry, not sure what was the right one. In the end I was playing with a scout rifle + sidearm, in order to deal enough damage to the oracles and harpies.

I felt like I was dragging the whole team and making everything unenjoyable, which has always been my biggest fear keeping me away from online games: Dragging everybody and making it a horrible experience. I've been feeling guilty for all the last part. Feeling like going again? More like I don't want to try again in a long long time.

Actually, not even feeling very good even physically. I think I ate too fast during the break we took. after the first encounter with oracles and carrying the relic.

Don't worry. You are being too hard on yourself.

Everybody made mistakes during the raid but in the end you got the mechanic and we all worked together to finish it so it's what matters.

I had a bunch of stupid deaths during that phase too because of the exploding things. And those Oracles also gave me tons of trouble.

And me, at least, still had tons of fun even in the more frustrating parts so don't worry about that.

Alt ought I don't know when I'm ready to do it again, a cool group goes a long way to make it more enjoyable too.

It was fun, although in the end I just wanted it to stop :( It's been extenuating and I don't remember being so happy to finally be over with a game (the base game, I meant. This was the last piece of content I was missing from the original Destiny)

I think I'm going to wait before Crota's End or anything else... I've been saying I needed a big break but then returning in hopes of getting VoG, and all of you made my wish come true. but for now I feel like putting the disc back on its case and take a good break in single player... Then return with more energies for PoE or TtK.

PS: and glad it did not happen late on saturday in the end. I would have started failing even more due to getting increasingly tired

PS2: Note to self: Remember to mute the mic when heating food or preparing coffe.

When you're ready to do Crota's End, I'm Fig. I can be your guide. ;)

Everyone feels that way their first time playing with the relic. I think it took me 7? solid Atheon runs before I was really comfortable using it. Really all of it just takes practice; the weapon thing comes with time in the game. My preferred setup for the oracles is Vision of Confluence Black Hammer and Super Good Advice. Almost all of SGAs rounds return to the mag on Oracles cause they count as misses.

Don't let your first raid get you down - you guys completed it which is more than most 1st time groups can say about it.

To even pick up the relic and try using it is a big step, there are experienced players who still either don't know how to use the relic (Kadey :p) or don't want to because it puts too much pressure on them.

Using the relic is so much fun and when we raid again, you can experiment with it, learn and have some fun hopefully.

Using relic during Atheon is hard as it is, especially for first timers, because you don't know the mechanics, too many things can kill you too quickly, there is no time to pause and discuss because the boss fight starts immediately, etc etc. So don't think you let the team down or anything, because you didn't.

The best weapons to use in the Vault of Glass drop from the vault of glass, so that gives you more incentive to keep on playing it to get those items. A normal raid takes around 1 hour so you can easily do that once a week if you like.

When you're ready to do Crota's End, I'm Fig. I can be your guide. ;)

Fig #1 meet Fig #2 :)

Hey, I'll help yall out for more visibility:

CE Normal Flawless, 7pm or 8pm EST

1) Drizzay
2) DrLawyerCop
3) Teasing_Pink (psn?)
4) rc213
5) hamsterex
6)

Thanks! It's cool if you haven't done it that much. Drizzy can explain the best flawless strats as we go. I'll just wait and make sure he can run it, though he said he'd be free last night.

Send a FR to Dr_LawyerCop and I'll try to keep it organized a little.

Thanks! It's cool if you haven't done it that much. Drizzy can explain the best flawless strats as we go. I'll just wait and make sure he can run it, though he said he'd be free last night.

Yea a list helps with visitibility and keeping it organized :p

I ran Flawless with Drizz multiple times. CE Normal is definitely the quickest to do it on so wiping isn't as frustrating since you can get to Deathsinger in like 20 minutes haha.

kiguel182

I actually loved using the relic ahah

Using the super against Atheon was also a great feeling. The relic in general is great if the other people with concentrate on the Oracles and gather around you.

And I usually hate having the responsibility on my shoulders but had a lot of fun with the relic, both on the Templar fight and the Atheon one.

Fig #1 meet Fig #2 :)

As a 99% of Destiny frequent players, I'm dreading the moment I made my PSN account in 2007 and picked the first thing that came to my mind.

CrawlerFF6.PNG

This is a Figaro Lizard, or Figaliz in the Snes version of Final Fantasy VI due to not enough character space available on screen . I did not know what to select as a username and I had just finished the Odin / raiden quest (where this monster appears). I never ever thought somebody would ever see this, as most of my online characters are always Apsharas

As a 99% of Destiny frequent players, I'm dreading the moment I made my PSN account in 2007 and picked the first thing that came to my mind.

CrawlerFF6.PNG

This is a Figaro Lizard, or Figaliz in the Snes version of Final Fantasy VI due to not enough character space available on screen . I did not know what to select as a username and I had just finished the Odin / raiden quest (where this monster appears). I never ever thought somebody would ever see this, as most of my online characters are always Apsharas

Hehe, at least it's based on a video game character.

No one knows what 'figadapaura' means :p

rc213

You're definitely being too critical of yourself, Just relax and remember it's just a game. I've done Crota and VoG maybe 20 and I still die constantly. Only grabbed the relic once and ran sword 4 times in newbie raid with gaf. Don't count on my surviving the first part of Crota cause I always die to those damn thralls...

It's ok if you feel overwhelmed but like it's been said at least knock out the NF and Weekly maybe daily. Get to know the bounties for easy xp to upgrade weapons. I can usually do all 10 daily bounties in around an hour now that i know the best spots to do certain tasks.

Don't be afraid to ask for running mates for NF/Weekly always around.

Too bad the VoG noob run is so early cause i could use a relic run myself. :0

nOoblet16

Here's a thought...all those times I went on stupid killstreaks in Trials/Control...perhaps all of that was not what it seemed at first.

Maybe it was only so because I was....the host !
Everything I have come to believe in has been a lie !!!

giphy.gif

btkadams

Anyone doing nightfall or weekly? I very much need the added XP boost. Trying to upgrade my exotic armor piece to get to level 33..

btkadams on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom