• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurumi

Above anything else, say that I am terribly sorry. I am a complete mess at following patterns with the disappearing blocks (What's this, Megaman all over again?), and I am the one to blame for all the time we spent at the final boss until I managed to understad what you were telling me. I started getting anxious and desperate plus every possible communication mean started going on one after another from somebody desperate to contact me. I even was trying to read a guide between deaths.

Regarding the disappearing blocks segment, After crossing the first one I thought we were supposed to go to that sort of Stargate , instead of just turning right and going into the dark.

Worst part after me losing it, was the network issues I was under most of the time. I'd lose connection with the chat party, or even being disconnected from the servers. I believe the homeplug network adapters are to blame for. This would not be noticeable in a short strike, but when several hours span.... I think I will get a 25 metres network cable and run it from one side of the home to the other in case there is ever a raid.

The Gorgon maze was pretty incredible, with so much tension building.

No exotics for me, though. Just a ship. But the previous nightfall with DeathJr was totally worth it.

No need to be sry. It was your first time doing VoG. As long as you had fun that's all that matters ^_^

The best was that one dork going on about being a day one player and how he was basically an uber player. Then I looked him up and he had one character and 6 VoG clears in 200+ hours. I don't think he said a word after that was exposed.

He quit the chat right after that. Between him and the other guy I swear. I've never gotten upset in a chat before but they were getting me close.

Hedera

Hey Ruthles, when's the newbie Skolas run? I'd join that ;p Although I can almost be considered a veteran being there two times already and giving up on both...

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Above anything else, I need to say that I am terribly sorry. I am a complete mess at following patterns with the disappearing blocks (What's this, Megaman all over again?), and I am the one to blame for all the time we spent at the final boss until I managed to understad what you were telling me. I started getting anxious and desperate plus every possible communication mean started going on one after another from somebody desperate to contact me. I even was trying to read a guide between deaths.

Regarding the disappearing blocks segment, After crossing the first one I thought we were supposed to go to that sort of Stargate , instead of just turning right and going into the dark.

Worst part after me losing it, was the network issues I was under most of the time. I'd lose connection with the chat party, or even being disconnected from the servers. I believe the homeplug network adapters are to blame for. This would not be noticeable in a short strike, but when several hours span.... I think I will get a 25 metres network cable and run it from one side of the home to the other in case there is ever a raid.

No exotics for me, though. Just a ship. But the previous nightfall with DeathJr was totally worth it.

mm3magnet_15.gif

I really really hate this.

I'm pissed off that I missed this, fuck those guys. Don't even worry about it. Did you have fun? Done. That's all that matters.

Ruthless can act! What's over this cliff? -nudge-

He's already doing some good acting right now.

Lol right?

Ruth isn't going in blind. They made it and he wiped them. I cannot believe.

He is, but I don't think they realised that they actually made it. Pure sabotage.

Here we go. The jumping puzzle lol

That's the best part, super mario brothers gameplay!

Ruthles pimping Ladies of Strong Back! Love it.

Good acting chops DJ!

Lol omg Ruthles. Flawless

are-you-not-entertained-w-text-720x396.jpg

Agent

Thanks for defending us in twitch chat GAF. No idea who those people were and how they got the link to the stream, but next time they say something, just show them this :p

It was on the Live From PlayStation app. I looked it up on there and it was in the top 12 or so streams at the time. I think that is where the trolls came from.

Owensboro

OK so thats 3 of us looking to do the vault, can we get 3 more to join us?

Is it a Normal vault or Hard Mode? I'd prefer a Hard shot (for the double loot drops) but have no problem with a Normal. It would still be a lot of fun. I'd totally be down for a Crota's End as well. Realistically, I'd love to learn how to use the Relic and Sword, which would absolutely be best on a normal mode.

After lunch, of course.

Nighte

Above anything else, I need to say that I am terribly sorry. I am a complete mess at following patterns with the disappearing blocks (What's this, Megaman all over again?), and I am the one to blame for all the time we spent at the final boss until I managed to understad what you were telling me. I started getting anxious and desperate plus every possible communication mean started going on one after another from somebody desperate to contact me. I even was trying to read a guide between deaths.

mm3magnet_15.gif

I really really hate this.
Tbh you did a good job:) i fell more times than you during the jump phase:) being overwhelmed by lots of details regarding bossfights for the first time is pretty normal. Especially without guidance :)

Is it a Normal vault or Hard Mode? I'd prefer a Hard shot (for the double loot drops) but have no problem with a Normal. It would still be a lot of fun. I'd totally be down for a Crota's End as well. Realistically, I'd love to learn how to use the Relic and Sword, which would absolutely be best on a normal mode.

After lunch, of course.

Personally I would prefer Normal, but if necessary I would be open for Hard Mode.

Agent

Salvage is almost like OG Iron Banner with how players approach it. The second a team goes down 1000 points everyone starts to bail and the snowball goes down the hill faster with the rotating players. That's not to say it doesn't happen in other Crucible modes, but it seems to happen much quicker in Salvage.

Shito

Phew.

Great job everyone, 4 hours (minus the breaks) is not a bad time at all.

Had an amazing time and hope everyone else did too.

Thanks everyone for watching. I think there were close to 60 viewers at one time, which was way more than expected. Also thanks for hosting the stream on your channel unstable :)
Missed the Atheon kill because I helped a friend who only started a few weeks ago run NM CE, which got me my second Horn as a reward: thanks deathsinger, first real good exotic from you! <3
Did anybody get good loot on Atheon?

That was an awesome stream to watch, brought back a lot of good memories of my first VoG.
Now fig has to run fig for her first CE...

Ruth was totally being super subtle with us ahah "I wonder what's up there guys?!". Great stuff.

But man, super fun time and thanks for arranging it and for helping us with it. Great group and an awesome experience.

It would be awesome if we could do something similar for Crota's End.

Even if I only got crappy loot. Doesn't really matter.

That was a fantastic time in VoG. Thank you for organizing it for us, and for everyone running it. Can't wait to do CE next!

I'm glad 60 people could experience me doing dumb jokes and fumbling to try and kill Oracles. I'm sure it was a treat.

Don't worry, we can be flaming butt cape buddies together.

But yeah, thanks for the raid everyone! Hope we can go give Crota a visit next week!

Shhhh. No one is supposed to know that >_>

I bet Ninja would trade all of those exotics for a sweet shinning Mark. They were all jealous of us I bet.

Glad you all had fun, loot will come with time and grind.

Hey Ruthles, when's the newbie Skolas run? I'd join that ;p Although I can almost be considered a veteran being there two times already and giving up on both...

Oh wow, you haven't completed a Skolas kill yet? I'll help you next week, really do not want to do it again with lightswitch and small arms modifiers.

Maybe I should start a list.... :p

It was on the Live From PlayStation app. I looked it up on there and it was in the top 12 or so streams at the time. I think that is where the trolls came from.

Top 12? Wow...first time streaming for me.

I loved the part where they had Templar at 1% but Ruffles didn't shoot it and ate the wipe. Glorious.

lol

Gorgons too.

Was trying my best to not dps Atheon at the end, but with people getting tired and time running short (some had to go to work), I had to carry a bit harder. Everyone understood the mechanics though and we didn't do the middle platform strategy, so very happy with that.

Kurumi

Oh wow, you haven't completed a Skolas kill yet? I'll help you next week, really do not want to do it again with lightswitch and small arms modifiers.

Put me on that list. Haven't killed that mofo Skolas yet either. If I kick his ass I'll have one triumph left to complete.

Hedera

Yeah, no. I've been dreading to do it this week because of the modifiers too. Let's try to get something going next week then. Thanks.

Langy

After lunch, of course.

I would be good for either, see what the majority want i suppose.

Need another 2 i guess then, will start a party up and see what happens

Kal_El

Last Night I finally sent all 3 characters to the Lighthouse. 1 Arc Scholar and 2 Arc Jewels. Why does RNGesus hate me and i'm him on twitter ;(

giphy.gif

nOoblet16

There was a dude who said first time VoG only took him 26 mins to beat the gatekeeper/atheon. The dude had like 4 VoG completions and 9 public event completion in total and only one character.

Glad you all had fun, loot will come with time and grind.

It was fun, although in the end I just wanted it to stop :( It's been extenuating and I don't remember being so happy to finally be over with a game (the base game, I meant. This was the last piece of content I was missing from the original Destiny)

I think I'm going to wait before Crota's End or anything else... I've been saying I needed a big break but then returning in hopes of getting VoG, and all of you made my wish come true. but for now I feel like putting the disc back on its case and take a good break in single player... Then return with more energies for PoE or TtK.

PS: and glad it did not happen late on saturday in the end. I would have started failing even more due to getting increasingly tired

PS2: Note to self: Remember to mute the mic when heating food or preparing coffe.

Shito

There was a dude who said first time VoG only took him 26 mins to beat the gatekeeper/atheon. The dude had like 4 VoG completions and 9 public event completion in total and only one character.
I still have his tab opened.
He has 32 servitor kills...

It was fun, although in the end I just wanted it to stop :( It's been extenuating and I don't remember being so happy to finally be over with a game (the base game, I meant. This was the last piece of content I was missing from the original Destiny)

I think I'm going to wait before Crota's End or anything else... I've been saying I needed a big break but then returning in hopes of getting VoG, and all of you made my wish come true. but for now I feel like putting the disc back on its case and take a good break in single player... Then return with more energies for PoE or TtK.

PS: and glad it did not happen late on saturday in the end. I would have started failing even more due to getting increasingly tired

PS2: Note to self: Remember to mute the mic when heating food or preparing coffe.

Yeah it was getting a little weird towards the end because everyone was sort of talking over each other, and then you got kicked out of the party chat. You did well regardless and should be proud of the achievement.

PoE isn't running away anywhere, I do suggest you do nightfall and weekly strike each week at least, and grab the gorgon exotic chance chest from me every week. 3-4 hours a week at these end game activities will give you much better gear and loot than you have now.

kiguel182

Haha, these trolls..I wasn't paying much attention to chat once we got to the gatekeepers.

We were being trolled? That sucks.

Also, would love to know the parts were we had to be more nudged and the ones we were quicker at getting.

I mean, the nudges you gave were good clues but it must be fun to be on the other side seeing us trying to figure stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom